Schneider Trading Associates

Was it Matt and Steve or did you have the american guy there too? You should hear within a week - they'll get back to you quick. I can't be bothered to repeat what's been said - there's 8 pages here for you to scroll back and read and if you message me I might give you a copy & paste if you're lucky.

hey. It was just Abe Cohen. didnt sound american. Had the interview on tuesday and it went pretty well. He said there shouldnt be any reason for them not to call. If its usually a week I still got time till tuesday.
Ive been through all the STA related pages. Many people have asked exact same question as I have but not many answers. Just wanted to know what I should expect during the trading. Ive already been trading for two years so not a complete novice to the subject.
cheers

Well the funny thing is they hinder you from the start. The size they allow people to trade is pitiful and they talk about the J-curve a lot to justify and just get people to do loads of RT's. It's only once you get good and are profitable that it's easier - but most of the guys out on the floor barely break-even and are long gone before they ever reach a profitable stage. Of course there is the minority that are the exceptions to this rule and stay on the schneider floor. The real question is: do you feel "that" lucky? If so, why go to schneider if you're really that good?

if you are making consistent money the will increase your size.. if on the other hand you are losing money, they will not increase limits. but why trade bigger when you are losing. that will just mean that losses are bigger. at first it is hard to make any decent money trading the size they give, but it is an investment in your time for later success. as you start to have a positive expectancy, your size will increase in relation to your account. they set targets every week. if you hit the target they increase size by 10%. your targets then increase by 10% every week. by the end of 6 months you could be trading much bigger size. but like i said. it is all about skill. at first you will not be able to manage to make any profit with the small size they give you. with time even with that size you can make a decent wage. of course this also depends on the product you will trade. some you simply need bigger limits like oil. but for other like the bund/bobl/schatz fly or ted spreads you can easily make 500 a day trading 1 lots. and that is not rubish because i easily manage that every day!

No, you bleeding idiot, there isn't any. Read the one million other posts people have made about Schneider's on T2W before you shoot your mouth off, then you might get some serious answers.

99% need not apply - you included.

No, you bleeding idiot, there isn't any. Read the one million other posts people have made about Schneider's on T2W before you shoot your mouth off, then you might get some serious answers.

99% need not apply - you included.

feel the rage! :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Hi,

I have an assessment/ interview on the 16th. I have done lots of research on them, and I am extremely keen to work for them. However, I am a student in college and taking my A levels. I started trading at the age of 13, originally securities and I then moved on to spread betting and still trade today on an intra-day basis. I have been to lots to seminars and read a few few trading books. I'm not planning on attending university as I would rather get more experience. I am aiming to get 3 A grades at A level in Economics, ICT and Geography.

Are my chances of being accepted significantly lower without having a degree?
When I'm at the interview I want to be one of the few people that has a question to ask at the end. I'm struggling to think of anything of great significance have any of you got any pointers?

How long am I going to have to talk for and what questions should I be expecting.

Thanks
Dan.

hey. welcome to the big boy trading club ;) :p
I know a lot of traders who didnt go to uni and still managed to score a good trading career. I dont know how exactly the STA people think about this but im pretty sure a uni degree will get you into the interview but will not guarantee you a place on the floor.
In term of interview ive heard that everybody has to ask one question and say some thing interesting about themselves. in my opinion the fact that you are so serious about trading at this young age should be significant enough. just make sure you know your stuff about trading. spredbetting or trading the outrights doesnt really happen at schneider so you should except some new trading strategies and methods. Im not sure how long you have to talk since i havent really been to the interview.

Hope you get into the course and then onto the floor.
let me know if you need any more info, I try to reply whenever i get time and im sure other guys on the forum will help you out.

cheers
cyrus

Hi,

I have an assessment/ interview on the 16th. I have done lots of research on them, and I am extremely keen to work for them. However, I am a student in college and taking my A levels. I started trading at the age of 13, originally securities and I then moved on to spread betting and still trade today on an intra-day basis. I have been to lots to seminars and read a few few trading books. I'm not planning on attending university as I would rather get more experience. I am aiming to get 3 A grades at A level in Economics, ICT and Geography.

Are my chances of being accepted significantly lower without having a degree?
When I'm at the interview I want to be one of the few people that has a question to ask at the end. I'm struggling to think of anything of great significance have any of you got any pointers?

How long am I going to have to talk for and what questions should I be expecting.

Thanks
Dan.