S&P 500 weekly competition for 2012

S&P sitting between June and August resistance. Above the June resistance it's pretty smooth sailing for a while. Something like 1394 (June 2008). February's support is at 1328. This is where I think we will end the week.

Don

Attachments

• 20120213_SPX.png
    20120213_SPX.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 153
I have not looked at the SPX for quite some time!:eek:
But a quick glance looks like the market will stay in this up-trend-looking-thing for the rest of the month. Then head down for a larger retracement some time around the first weekend in March. (I know the SPX does not trade on the weekend!:rolleyes:)
But that was just a three minute look so you may want to take that with a couple rocks of salt.:cheesy:

I might just drop by this weekend and join in.

But a quick glance looks like the market will stay in this up-trend-looking-thing for the rest of the month. Then head down for a larger retracement some time around the first weekend in March. (I know the SPX does not trade on the weekend!:rolleyes:)
But that was just a three minute look so you may want to take that with a couple rocks of salt.:cheesy:

Hey!
Where the hell ya been??
Nice to see you back.

Peter

That's where I am too although I wouldn't have pinned the turn quite that precisely. ;)

Like I said that was a three minute look over the daily chart after not looking at for some months. Only time will tell. :)

The whole area we're both looking at is a massive area of institutional supply. What intrigues me though is how far down it would likely go - I can't seem to form a view on that.

As always, this is complete conjecture. :whistling

The whole area we're both looking at is a massive area of institutional supply. What intrigues me though is how far down it would likely go - I can't seem to form a view on that.

As always, this is complete conjecture. :whistling

I do believe that the half way point between 670 and 1350, or right at 1000 or so, would be the longer term target. With medium term targets being about every 115 points or so. and shorter term stuff in multiples of 60-65.

As for me this is but a guess also!:clover:

1:30pm USD Building Permits
1:30pm USD PPI m/m
1:30pm USD Unemployment Claims

Watch out for 1.30 figs - could shift markets considerably if there are shocks !!

17/2/2012 Result - S&P500 Close 1361.23

My god what a finish.

Close for this week is 1361.23, so bodavula (1362) beats isatrader into second place (1360.00) with dpinpon in third (1362.50). That has to be one of the closest finishes I've seen.

Well deserved win by bodavula - well done :cheesy::clap::clap:

Commiserations to isatrader & dpinpon for losing by such a slim margin - unlucky :eek::whistling

Full results and positions in googledoc below. isatrader remains top of the leaderboard overall

Link to full results and leaderboard

Last edited:
Jesus, 4 people within 3 points of each other with margins of 0.77, 1.23 and 1.27 away from the close with me being miles away at 1.77pts!!

That was tighter than Rod Stewarts trousers.

Jesus, 4 people within 3 points of each other with margins of 0.77, 1.23 and 1.27 away from the close with me being miles away at 1.77pts!!

That was tighter than Rod Stewarts trousers.

I thought I had it in the bag at in the middle of the day as I thought the price action might fade a bit into the close. Oh well, am happy to get some more points on the board and am well past my average quarters performance now. Well done bodavula :shuriken:

I thought I had it in the bag at in the middle of the day as I thought the price action might fade a bit into the close. Oh well, am happy to get some more points on the board and am well past my average quarters performance now. Well done bodavula :shuriken:

Me too - at 8.30pm GMT I could see it pushing to 1363 and thought I was in with a podium at least!

Thank you guys! Really it was a thrill for me. I am watching from 3.30 pm and thinking that SPX will go down as Monday will be holiday for market and pro's will not go long. But still strong and I am wrong. You know this morning I bought a spread of 1260 - 1265 for $0.90 thinking the above will happen. Finally lost $1.26 for my spread. Though I am a winner for this week here!!!

Great work guys! We will keep it UP.

Nice remarks and nice board, Robster.

I was not paying attention to the S&P closing price due to be watching the shares Im in.
But, por un carajo, or should I say, darn golly, that ended up in a photo finish close.
Best of lucks and have a nice long weekend all :cool:

It looks like you folks have turned this into a science! Very close!:-0
I hope I am able to get some points in the next few weeks, but not sure if this has been how you guys have been playing.:)

Yep, damn close this one is. Congrats to the winners!

I thought I had it yesterday, but the market decided to inch higher and we got a tight race instead.

Good one! :)

It looks like you folks have turned this into a science! Very close!:-0
I hope I am able to get some points in the next few weeks, but not sure if this has been how you guys have been playing.:)

I have never seen it this close but I have noticed it has got a bit more competitive. Or is that just me projecting :whistle:lol: