S&P 500 weekly competition for 2012

Yah, we had a few good presidents and most of them were born in February interestingly enough.:smart:
I will go for 1346 for Friday, February24th.

Wasn't it originally to celebrate George Washington's birthday?

Wasn't it originally to celebrate George Washington's birthday?

There were 2 holidays in February, George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. They were combined into just one "President's Day" circa 1971.

Banks and trading exchanges are all closed.

Peter

Is your thinking that inflation due to massive QE will finally manifest itself this week?

I should treat this one as an outlier Rob or it will massively distort the averages.
Is it those magic mushrooms again ?

Ronald Reagan was born in February also.
Looking at the weekly SPX charts it looks like the market could move a bit higher.
But I will still stick with my first call(y)

Ronald Reagan was born in February also.
Looking at the weekly SPX charts it looks like the market could move a bit higher.
But I will still stick with my first call(y)

You sure? You have until 9.30am EST tomorrow....

Why not making this a close call again, I ll go with badvula and robsters bias predictions, so, 1379 for me please.

So I see this game is now about gaming the other's gaming and coming out on top in the end.

I also note we have a lack of (credible) outliers, so I will post my own: 1399 and 99 cents, please (1399.99). I think it'll hit 1400, but buyers won't want to admit that's really the price they paid.

I was thinking of going with 1350 but I do believe I will stick with my first call.
Like my girlfriend always says...

So I see this game is now about gaming the other's gaming and coming out on top in the end.

I also note we have a lack of (credible) outliers, so I will post my own: 1399 and 99 cents, please (1399.99). I think it'll hit 1400, but buyers won't want to admit that's really the price they paid.

Are you changing your original 1365 call now?