S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

1:30am - bit of a pop - but it's a 4 year high on an absolution trade.

8-16-20122-34-25PM.png

May close it for sleep but really expecting more pop before the close.

Reflecting back on today, all the pieces of the jigsaw were there, I just did not piece them together:

Trade 1 - European open, sold off below Asian ON-L - lots of absorption around 3.00/3.50 - surprisingly large outside of RTH. So surprising that I take a discretionary exit because it was weird and then post up afterwards - http://www.trade2win.com/boards/ind...dexes-intraday-plus-chat-304.html#post1942676

Trade 2 - News at 3pm, surely this would be used for generating some momentum for a test where it tests down to where? - http://www.trade2win.com/boards/ind...dexes-intraday-plus-chat-304.html#post1942676 - yes that's right, the level that held and a little bit more due to RTH (lack of) volume..

Trade 3 - Why am I shorting when there is an NVPOC and year highs to attain 1415.75 when the value test held twice in the same session......

Today's killer trade was long after the news on a second test for value all the way up to 1415.75 for about 60 ticks....

LOL - when you're hot, you're hot and when you're not, you're not. I wasn't today. Tomorrow is another day. Night folks, early night for me.

Last edited:
This all reminds me of the run-up to 2008. I have a hunch that the equities are gonna go through the roof. If this isn't the case, the ES would have dropped last week.

Just some rough idea rambling, nothing to do with day trading the ES.

Well, Dax is on its way,finally broken out of its range. It killed me - i've had 2 trades in 8 days! SP is testing the upper channel line...only the tart ftse not playing ball at the moment.

You might be right kimo'sabby. I'm off to buy some facebook shares, just in case!

Attachments

• dax 1708.jpg
    dax 1708.jpg
    587.6 KB · Views: 199
Selling EUR, buying USD, where is all that USD going to go?

Equities!

Warren B. has announced he is financing a new bank to collect the "sucker money" flowing into the dollar.

The Ayatollahs are said to have moved it up their hit list.

:LOL:

me ? I got a new piggy bank - no piggies applied yet but am hopeful.

Warren B. has announced he is financing a new bank to collect the "sucker money" flowing into the dollar.

The Ayatollahs are said to have moved it up their hit list.

:LOL:

me ? I got a new piggy bank - no piggies applied yet but am hopeful.

You decided to join us on the dark side yet using just a price chart and orderflow?

7:00am EUR German PPI m/m 0.0% 0.4% -0.4%
9:00am EUR Current Account 12.7B 7.8B 10.3B
10:00am EUR Trade Balance 10.5B 5.4B 6.8B
1:30pm CAD Core CPI m/m 0.2% -0.4%
1:30pm CAD CPI m/m 0.2% -0.4%
2:55pm USD Prelim UoM Consumer Sentiment 72.5 72.3
2:55pm USD Prelim UoM Inflation Expectations 3.0%

3:00pm USD CB Leading Index m/m 0.2% -0.3%

could be carry or treasuries... you checked spreads variance?

My gut instinct is to look East. Might get a return on it by next year.

It's gonna be Walter mitty or same ole Odumbo for next President ( the problem with these 2 is that they are still thinking 1980s ) - not sure which is going to be the least disastrous for the USA and therefore the rest of us too, if you are thinking longer term.

Last edited:
August 17th – Friday

We have now broken the 4 year high - but not by much .
We had a bit of a spike up on Wednesday – 1409.50, so now we have to see if that holds.

Below that we have yesterdays low at 1401.75 and Mondays VPOC at 1396

So – for me, I’ll be trying to figure out which one of the following is happening:

1 – Continuation upwards
2 – Back into the prior value area 1395 – 1409.50 and more ranging action
3 – A new balance area here.

Number 3 is least likely IMO as we didn’t really move out of the prior range much. If we keep moving up just a few points & balancing again, it does not bode well for the upside longer term. Better if we have 20 point pop and then balance.

Shorts – 1418.25, 1415.50, 1415, 1413.75
Longs – 1413, 1409.50,1396, 1384.75