S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

Been at work all day. Still there.
Was stopped out overnight last night on my spx short.
I went long somewhere this morning and I *think* I put a 'take profit' order in for +4 handles or so, so I should have made last nights loss back with a little interest.
Will check details when I get home.
hope you guys done OK

8-16-201212-35-51PM.png

Between the time I took the screen grab to the time I posted this, it's gone from bad to worse!!!!

Holding - but contemplating a scratch.

I can see what you went 4 m8, takes some knackers that one. Still got time, i'd scratch, but i would say that, it's not my type of trade.

I'm wondering what happened to my "1 point first target, lots of breathing room" rule....

Would be nice if the market gave you a break when you diverge from your rules now & again.....

Out @ 1411.75 - 3 tick loss. Still think it's a short but can't get into moving stops.

I'm wondering what happened to my "1 point first target, lots of breathing room" rule....

Would be nice if the market gave you a break when you diverge from your rules now & again.....

Out @ 1411.75 - 3 tick loss. Still think it's a short but can't get into moving stops.

Best retail stop is 2 points.:)

Funny you should say that. 3 trades today:

Trade 1 - took a discretionary exit which although was better risk mgmt lost me a winner. Out to lunch on this.
Trade 2 - Should have got in after news rather than marginally before (14:48 - 12mins before)
Trade 3 - A bit quick off the mark entering for me. Still probably would have been a loser.

Small things that add up IMO.

Best retail stop is 2 points.:)

That's a reason to enter, not to exit. :D

If you look @ my first pic, you'll see I got in at a point where the market moved down.

I normally scale @ 4 ticks, which then gives me a massive amount of breathing room.

But I didn't I got greedy, put target 1 way down and got spanked but out before it hit my stop.

Stop placement wasn't the issue. The issue was not scaling at the right point.

Funny you should say that. 3 trades today:

Trade 1 - took a discretionary exit which although was better risk mgmt lost me a winner. Out to lunch on this.
Trade 2 - Should have got in after news rather than marginally before (14:48 - 12mins before)
Trade 3 - A bit quick off the mark entering for me. Still probably would have been a loser.

Small things that add up IMO.

Do you not find that when you deviate like this, you end up losing out 9 times out of 10?

I mean - take Trade 2 - I've done that countless times - forgot about news and got in ahead of it but surely it should be 50/50 as to whether that news release makes you money or not. Thing is - I find it almost 100% catches me a loser.

It's unforgiving.

Do you not find that when you deviate like this, you end up losing out 9 times out of 10?

I mean - take Trade 2 - I've done that countless times - forgot about news and got in ahead of it but surely it should be 50/50 as to whether that news release makes you money or not. Thing is - I find it almost 100% catches me a loser.

It's unforgiving.

Yes - had I have been 'strict' today could have been:

Trade 1 - 4 tick win
Trade 2 - Possibly an 8 tick win but tbh, I didn't take the long after the news so I'm not sure I would have taken it. Anyway worse would have been scratch/no -trade.
Trade 3 - 5 tick loser I reckon regardless.

So instead of -11 ticks down it could have been -1 tick down........:whistling

@DT. How r u getting on with the resident site haters? U can't stop them hating, m8.

I have 2 children. A 10 year old & a little boisterous girl who is almost 3.

The tantrums on here over the fact I DARE to sell software that I actually PUT EFFORT INTO CREATING and LET PEOPLE TRY OUT cannot compete with my little gal who goes ballistic because I tell her that the current Barney DVD playing in the car is in Thai only....

If my detractors were able to scream a continuously repeated 180 decibel high C "English Daddy" for 15 minutes, it would indeed give me pause for thought...

Been at work all day. Still there.
Was stopped out overnight last night on my spx short.
I went long somewhere this morning and I *think* I put a 'take profit' order in for +4 handles or so, so I should have made last nights loss back with a little interest.
Will check details when I get home.
hope you guys done OK

how gay.
It was only actually 22'pips' (2.2 ES points) that I had as my take-profit. Not 4.
I don't know why I was such a wimp.

I'm actually tempted short for a swing here at 1415.7. Not certain I'm gona take it, though. Such a manipulated market that shorting for anything more than a few points always feels like asking for trouble!

Attachments

• delme45.JPG
    delme45.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 125