S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

Took it 2nd time - got a little pop after entry, so won't let it go -ve.

8-17-201210-05-24AM.png

Already hit T1 bit no fill yet, I'm 10000000 in the queue...

Will give this another 30 mins - this is quite narrow here... Not sure I want to watch a 4 point range for too long...

I'm looking for something more like a push past the ONL into the LVN before going long

Don't blame you - the only reason I took that one is on the chance of a push to a new high - we really didn't get much for breaking such a significant high did we?

Wouldn't mind a short @ 15.50 though. Already held there once (although that was the news)

Nothing much after the above - a few 4 tick scalps - but even they lasted about 30 minutes....

[/Week] Thank heavens.

Enjoy the weekend

How did the boys do today? Friday can be flat at the best of times, hopefully it will start to pick up again next week.

Will give this another 30 mins - this is quite narrow here... Not sure I want to watch a 4 point range for too long...

It's horrible. I came back to the computer just before the open, after a post lunch nap, saw I was up 5 points and called it a day.

Think I'll go back to Footsie on Monday.

It's horrible. I came back to the computer just before the open, after a post lunch nap, saw I was up 5 points and called it a day.

Think I'll go back to Footsie on Monday.

That won't help you splitlink...
to paraphrase someone or other... right now Ftse is 'about as dynamic as an asthmatic ant with 'eavy shoppin'!'
I use to average one trade per day on ftse and one per dax but i haven't had a clean pattern on ftse since last wednesday, and only 2 on dax since then. Looks like my holiday this year is gonna be spent in costa coffee rather than costa rica. :rolleyes:

That won't help you splitlink...
to paraphrase someone or other... right now Ftse is 'about as dynamic as an asthmatic ant with 'eavy shoppin'!'
I use to average one trade per day on ftse and one per dax but i haven't had a clean pattern on ftse since last wednesday, and only 2 on dax since then. Looks like my holiday this year is gonna be spent in costa coffee rather than costa rica. :rolleyes:

Stay in London. I hear that it was 27º, today. In Barcelona it's 43º and 77% humidity.

LONDON (ShareCast) - Security: Support/Resistance

Euro/Dollar: 1.2253/1.2443.

FTSE 100 (Euronext: VFTSE.NX - news) : 5,715/5,876.

S&P 500 (SNP: ^GSPC - news) : 1,387/1,422.

Nikkei (Osaka: ^N225 - news) : 8,328/9,381.

Hang Seng Index: 18,710/21,086.

Dow Jones (DJI: ^DJI - news) : 13,000/13,338.

NASDAQ 100 (Nasdaq: ^NDX - news) : 2,690/2,795.

CAC (Frankfurt: 924169 - news) 40 Fut.: 3,410/3,594.

DAX (Xetra: ^GDAXI - news) 30 Fut.: 6,838/7,211.

IBEX 35 (Madrid: IBEX.MC - news) : 7,220/7,660.

Euro Stoxx 50 Fut.: 2,360/2,601.

Extreme heat is really really bad imho.
At least in the temperate climate one can put on/take off another layer.

Morning, Pat. Still hot and forcast 5 more days, at least, of the same. How the tourists lap it up, I do not know! the beaches are full.

Anyway, I am having a go at Footsie, this morning. Went long and the reason is the potential breakout, not confirmed yet, on the 3 and 5 min charts.

Morning, Pat. Still hot and forcast 5 more days, at least, of the same. How the tourists lap it up, I do not know! the beaches are full.

Anyway, I am having a go at Footsie, this morning. Went long and the reason is the potential breakout, not confirmed yet, on the 3 and 5 min charts.

Hi there,
I will have a look at the FTSE.
Occasionally I play the CAC because it's range isn't too big usually and it is fairly smooth too.

I am too late for longs just yet, maybe later

Attachments

• Ftse.PNG
    Ftse.PNG
    95.5 KB · Views: 172