S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

Could still get to 1402

:D I have not gone away. I have been with CAC and now am with USTech . CAC lost me 8 points, this morning but I got UST at 1431 for 2747.1t's into new highs but SP is not. Any reason?

Those parallel trends do work for me if I am cofident of direction and get me in that bit earlier than waiting, but don't bet the house on them, Pat!

Got in too early and got taken out for 5 tick loss after it pushed down after the news.

-6 ticks today.

From the off was really thin mate, probably in anticipation of the news. 1403.50 only managed 44k. But if that's as much as it's gonna get...

From the off was really thin mate, probably in anticipation of the news. 1403.50 only managed 44k. But if that's as much as it's gonna get...

I thought about re-entry when I could see absorption around 1.75/2.00 but with those volumes (6k after 2min at 2.00) you really just can't trust it and I passed on it...

I'm watching it on high now wondering whether this is going to grind up or whether I can see a sign of weakness. It's difficult to pick weakness out when it is this thin so staying out seems like the best option right now...

I thought about re-entry when I could see absorption around 1.75/2.00 but with those volumes (6k after 2min at 2.00) you really just can't trust it and I passed on it...

I'm watching it on high now wondering whether this is going to grind up or whether I can see a sign of weakness. It's difficult to pick weakness out when it is this thin so staying out seems like the best option right now...

:LOL:I'm with ya m8:LOL: Any fnckin weaker and it will flatline.

:LOL:I'm with ya m8:LOL: Any fnckin weaker and it will flatline.

Looking at the day structure it's fairly obvious what was going on - the downside test was on the news looking for value, the value being 1.75/2.00 off 14k contracts!!!!

35k contracts in that 'value' area for about 20mins worth of activity :eek:

10pt range off 800k contracts going into lunch behaving like an open/rejection reverse/trend-like day!!

This is one crazy mixed up mo-fo ES

10pt range off 800k contracts going into lunch behaving like an open/rejection reverse/trend-like day!!

This is one crazy mixed up mo-fo ES

This all reminds me of the run-up to 2008. I have a hunch that the equities are gonna go through the roof. If this isn't the case, the ES would have dropped last week.

Just some rough idea rambling, nothing to do with day trading the ES.

This all reminds me of the run-up to 2008. I have a hunch that the equities are gonna go through the roof. If this isn't the case, the ES would have dropped last week.

Just some rough idea rambling, nothing to do with day trading the ES.

UStech needs about 20 points more to take out the April high

Mine seems to be getting tired. I'm closing. I made 16 on UST this afternoon. Whether there will be chance for more, I don't know, but I have that feeling. When I come back from my walk and it is up 50 points you can all take the ****. :D

8-16-201212-35-51PM.png

Between the time I took the screen grab to the time I posted this, it's gone from bad to worse!!!!

Holding - but contemplating a scratch.