S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2013

Sorry for no write up guys hope to play catch up. Well done to Pat (y)

Attachments

• SPX500-131206b.JPG
    SPX500-131206b.JPG
    233.4 KB · Views: 140
Does anyone think it would be worthwhile to have an additional competition on a daily basis ? With a view to making money.

It would need a regular core of about 6+ people probably

:idea:

Does anyone think it would be worthwhile to have an additional competition on a daily basis ? With a view to making money.

when you say, with a view to making money..not cash prizes presumably?
But I'd be game nonetheless

when you say, with a view to making money..not cash prizes presumably?
But I'd be game nonetheless

GREAT

Sadly not, unless T2W management are feeling generous. More a build up of reputation and cred as profits mount and personal bets are made independently.

I'd participate on a best effort basis assuming no league table required.

That's 3 so far then
Perhaps pencil it in for a possible 2014 start on a new thread
Any volunteer to manage it ?
I would hope each week would prove profitable but we shall see.
Perhaps change the format a little to what the forecast would have earned/lost on the day if it had been bet * $1
& running totals & averages.

Last edited:

daily,some have trouble getting a weekly forcast in on time :LOL:

I must confess i'm getting abit bored with the competition myself as the points system has no reality as to how well i would have done in real life.
With 208 points each year and most of us at around 50 60 ish by the end of year would we be profitable traders or not with only a 25% success rate.

As for a daily competition i'd never find the time.

I've had a great time playing the weekly comp, love to read the banter you guys write and the write up with pictures of the winners each week,thanks Atilla,
but if it stays the same i'm sorry to say i don't think i'll be playing next year.

If i had the time i would love to start a competition where you put a buy price in with a set stop of say 10 points for everyone and a target price which is where you would sell .
The points generated each week would show the leaders and laggers.
The tactical players would have to start working for there points lol.

However i'll still pop in to read the banter.

daily,some have trouble getting a weekly forcast in on time :LOL:

I must confess i'm getting abit bored with the competition myself as the points system has no reality as to how well i would have done in real life.
With 208 points each year and most of us at around 50 60 ish by the end of year would we be profitable traders or not with only a 25% success rate.

As for a daily competition i'd never find the time.

I've had a great time playing the weekly comp, love to read the banter you guys write and the write up with pictures of the winners each week,thanks Atilla,
but if it stays the same i'm sorry to say i don't think i'll be playing next year.

If i had the time i would love to start a competition where you put a buy price in with a set stop of say 10 points for everyone and a target price which is where you would sell .
The points generated each week would show the leaders and laggers.
The tactical players would have to start working for there points lol.

However i'll still pop in to read the banter.

Sad to see you go but we may struggle on if you want to return anytime.

1,813 for me this week

1775.5 :)

Peter

Still on the downside Peter, it has to pay off eventually we can't close green every week forever. :p

It looks like the S&P let off enough steam last week to close this week green.

So that leaves me speculating us ending up a smidgin. $1,813 this week. Sorry I boxxed someone at $1,812.5. I didn't do it on purpose.

Last edited: