S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2013

Onwards and forwards for me to 1494.

No turning back back. Technically looks well extended and a retrace is due but not before 1500s tested imo.

I'm thinking this is likely to be one of those periods where the MACD and Stochastics can bump along the the upper regions for quite some time before they fall back down to take a breather.

I could be wrong ofcourse. There we go kneck's on the guillotine :eek:

Good luck to you all. (y)

I'm going to take the other side of that and stick with the short side for another week as I can't justify to myself getting long when 79.50% of stocks are above their 200 day MA in the entire NYSE, and 86.68% are also above their 50 day MAs.

The very short term percentage of stocks above their 20 day MAs also began to rollover from it's extreme high readings last week (which I've attached below). So I still think the S&P could be in the topping process which can take a while, so I'll go for

1462 please Atilla

attachment.php

Attachments

• 23b74dfeec524b3e237c6b82215e4ba4.png
    23b74dfeec524b3e237c6b82215e4ba4.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 492
Another one for the downers and tankers: 1459 please Atilla.

Onwards and forwards for me to 1494.

I could be wrong ofcourse. There we go kneck's on the guillotine :eek:

Good luck to you all. (y)

That is France's great contribution to human history - they say.
Gotta keep one's knockers, knackers and of course k-necks well clear of those sharp blades imho

:LOL:

That is France's great contribution to human history - they say.
Gotta keep one's knockers, knackers and of course k-necks well clear of those sharp blades imho

:LOL:

Haha - sharp as a nife you are Pat, very good :p

1477 again please Atilla, Thankyou for getting me to move my price last week, lol.

After some deliberation, I believe it'll hit 1500 this week and be pushed back a bit to 1490, so I'll go with the latter value and reiterate last week's call.

I'm reviewing the situation.
If you want to eat -- you've got to earn a bob!
Is it such a humiliation
For a robber to perform an honest job?
So a job I'm getting, possibly,
I wonder who my boss'll be?
I wonder if he'll take to me...?
What bonuses he'll make to me...?
I'll start at eight and finish late,
At normal rate, and all..but wait!

...I think I'd better think it out again.

On second thoughts 1440 please At

I'm reviewing the situation.
If you want to eat -- you've got to earn a bob!
Is it such a humiliation
For a robber to perform an honest job?
So a job I'm getting, possibly,
I wonder who my boss'll be?
I wonder if he'll take to me...?
What bonuses he'll make to me...?
I'll start at eight and finish late,
At normal rate, and all..but wait!

...I think I'd better think it out again.

On second thoughts 1440 please At

Your Sunday lunch has obviously disagreed with your brain mi ol china ;)

Hi guys,

This is what the lay of the land looks like with three candidates pending entry.

$$$Dollar$$$
Lightning McQueen
robster970

Interesting observation this week is that Weighted Average is up whilst Mean Average is down...

If Robster and/or Pat can cast their eyes over the averages I'd be grateful. I can't remember if $$$Dollar$$$ doesn't forecast whether his calculations stays in or not???

Will update again when entries received...

Good luck to you all (y)

Attachments

• SPX500-2013-01-18.jpg
    SPX500-2013-01-18.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 154
If Robster and/or Pat can cast their eyes over the averages I'd be grateful. I can't remember if $$$Dollar$$$ doesn't forecast whether his calculations stays in or not???

I think $$$Dollar$$$ was banned, as he was a reincarnation of Alex Griffin who was doing the scam thread.

Your Sunday lunch has obviously disagreed with your brain mi ol china ;)

I expect you recognised the lyrics from " Oliver "

If $$$Dollar$$$ has no entry then he should be disregarded

Last edited:
2013-01-14 06:11 GMT

Focus on Bernanke speech; revenge of the doves?

With the European debt crisis temporarily buried underground, and the US debt ceiling still too many weeks far down the road to become a pressing issue, most of the weekend headlines were stolen by Japan and its quest to set a highly ambitious 2% inflation. However, on the horizon the sound of helicopter helices loom, as Federal Reserve President Ben Bernanke prepares to give a speech at the University of Michigan at 21GMT, NY close time, following the latest controversial FOMC minutes.

NAB notes: "This is his first public address since the December FOMC minutes that sparked so much chatter and market volatility surrounding the possibility that the Fed could mark time on the current phase of its QE programme by year end." NAB expects Bernanke's comments "to be directed at disabusing his audience that stopping balance sheet expansion as a prelude to commencing to take back policy stimulus are events that could be separated by years not months" the bank says. "If so, expect the USD to be subject to some fresh downward pressure..." NAB concludes.-FXstreet.com