Rugby world cup 2007

That's the nature of the game though isn't it ?

It's a game for bitchy little nancy boys.

Give me rugby any day of the week.

You do get the odd man thrown in, but they tend to be the exception rather than the norm these days. Compare todays soccer stars with those of 30-40 years ago - a lot more were men then.

Very true indeed but such are the namby-pamby rules these days that the likes of Norman Hunter would get sent off in every game.

They also never bothered too much about injuries back then.

These days a split finger nail will see you rested for a month.

Very true indeed but such are the namby-pamby rules these days that the likes of Norman Hunter would get sent off in every game.

They also never bothered too much about injuries back then.

These days a split finger nail will see you rested for a month.

mind you, the season is a bit longer now. Back in Norman's day they'd play weekend league and mid-week cup-matches from late September through May and then have a proper rest in the summer. Now the top players will be playing twice a week at least, and maybe more depending on how many European and domestic cup games they're involved in, the season starts early August and during the summer a lot of them are doing promotional tours to the US, Asia, wherever. No real down time to recover from injuries. The clubs are big business, the players are assets, and they're sweated accordingly.

mind you, the season is a bit longer now. Back in Norman's day they'd play weekend league and mid-week cup-matches from late September through May and then have a proper rest in the summer. Now the top players will be playing twice a week at least, and maybe more depending on how many European and domestic cup games they're involved in, the season starts early August and during the summer a lot of them are doing promotional tours to the US, Asia, wherever. No real down time to recover from injuries. The clubs are big business, the players are assets, and they're sweated accordingly.

But they still can't play, they are bitchy whingers and they are grossly overpaid.

I remember Frank Lampard whining after his miserable failure at the last World that the general public should give the England team more respect.

Do me a favour !!!!!!!!!!!

But they still can't play, they are bitchy whingers and they are grossly overpaid.

I remember Frank Lampard whining after his miserable failure at the last World that the general public should give the England team more respect.

I agree with the England team comments wholeheartedly - pathetic!

On pay: surely it's set by the market? Similar to the mechanisms that decide what a top trader or banker at an IB should earn. Strange for a trader to take umbrage at market principles operating in practice! I don't have much time for football or footballers, but their pay is one thing I don't have a problem with!

The only thing that I have a problem with on pay is their skill level.

If somebody gets paid £ 50,000 per week or more you would expect them to be extremely skilled and gifted at what they do.

Sadly this is not the case and today's players seem to have great problems in executing a simple pass to another player.

That's my opinion anyway, others may choose not to agree.

..And then enters a contract stand-off, not happy with the £100k per week offer, holding out for more - wa**er!

The only thing that I have a problem with on pay is their skill level.

If somebody gets paid £ 50,000 per week or more you would expect them to be extremely skilled and gifted at what they do.

Sadly this is not the case and today's players seem to have great problems in executing a simple pass to another player.

That's my opinion anyway, others may choose not to agree.

Also, the difference between a british premiership player playing for readin,g and a british div 2 player, is likely not that much at all. There is likeloy many lower league players, as good if not better than premiership counterparts. Luck of the draw got them a job in D2, while the kiss a** prem player earns 10* salary :rolleyes: .

At the end of the day, the fans pay the money and subsidise soccer (plus the odd billionaire) - be it in gate receipts, merchandise, TV subscription. Therefore thres only one loser in football and thats the mug supporters, one of which i am not, and would never subsidise this gravy train in any way (although i did buy an england top for £13 in soccerworld!).

Athletic/fitness level speaking, RU/RL & basketball players kick soccer players a**es.

Last edited:
I'll be glad when the rugby gets going again.

Can't stand this soccer malarkey. Total garbage.

How the hell, in a French World Cup, do Scotland and Wales get to play important games in their home stadiums but England weren't allowed to play at Twickenham? I'd imagine the Irish are similarly unimpressed...

And I have just realised that France are playing New Zealand in Cardiff in the quarters.

Strange but true.

I suppose the final will be in Leicester.

I'd guess it was arranged that way because England is a country in it's own right whereas Wales/Scotland are ..you know...colonies ;) ...having learned from the Boston Tea Party we now know how to appease the colonials ....LOL

I'd guess it was arranged that way because England is a country in it's own right whereas Wales/Scotland are ..you know...colonies ;) ...having learned from the Boston Tea Party we now know how to appease the colonials ....LOL

RoFLMaO

I'd guess it was arranged that way because England is a country in it's own right whereas Wales/Scotland are ..you know...colonies

Absolutely spot on as usual.

And I have just realised that France are playing New Zealand in Cardiff in the quarters.

Strange but true.

I suppose the final will be in Leicester.
Here's hoping they pull another miracle upset........would rather play them in the semi's than the AB's. Assuming we beat England first of course.

I'd guess it was arranged that way because England is a country in it's own right whereas Wales/Scotland are ..you know...colonies

So why are there no games in Australia ?

the guys we sent down there to tend the veggie patch just did an awful job of creating a level park...the flat bits are just dusty and the green bits have crocs in them..now we shouldn't be too surprised that their landscaping skills don't exceed their pickpocket abilities ;)

it's a joke Bruce

the guys we sent down there to tend the veggie patch just did an awful job of creating a level park...the flat bits are just dusty and the green bits have crocs in them..now we shouldn't be too surprised that their landscaping skills don't exceed their pickpocket abilities ;)
it's a joke Bruce
Such remarks leave me no choice!! I throw down the gauntlet to you sir!

Pistols at dawn! :D ;)

So why are there no games in Australia ?
Sadly I have no reply :(

We even voted on becoming a republic and voted it down!

Of course the whole debate was hijacked by our monarchist kiss a** PM who made sure there was no hope of it ever getting up.

So a colony we remain. :(

" I throw down the gauntlet to you sir!

Pistols at dawn!"

Bruce, you're supposed to take the pistol OUT of the gauntlet BEFORE you throw it down ;) ...cos us sneaky brits like nothing more than potting 'armless' colonials ;) ...we made a career out of it and called it an Empire ..LOL

I suppose if Argentina ever host the World Cup they will let England play their games in the Falkland Islands.