Reorganised Boards - your verdict?

Reorganised Boards - your verdict?

• It's much better organised - absolutely love it!

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • I prefer the new structure, but it could still do with some tweaks.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • I'm really not that fussed.

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • I preferred having fewer boards, easier to find threads

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What have you done?! Go back to the way it was please!

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

Sharky

Staff
It's been a few days now since we reorganised the boards, and we're interested to hear what you think of the new structure. Whether you love or loathe, please post your vote on the poll and make any futher comments on this thread.

Cheers
Paul.

Hi Paul,

I've voted it is better BUT my main issue now is still the front page and all the information crammed on it. So much you can't see the wood for the trees. The site needs more signposting somehow. The Red Tabs sat the top (boards, chat etc) are good, maybe more of those? One for competitions, one for Journals etc, those two alone would reduce the visual overload.

Hi Sharky

I feel the same as Helen.

I would also say that T2W is growing so fast - it only seems like yesterday that we hit 1000 traders, it's now over 2000.
I think it will take a bit of getting used to, but a step that needed taking.

HTH :)

I agree with that too, I voted no2, but missed the public bit. I did mention it before........ a "Site Map"- like a Flow Chart. I've seen a few murderously busy technical sites, and the only way to navigate those is with a site map.

Hi Sharky,

Personally, the reorganization hasn't made much difference to me.

Most times when I come onto the site, I straight away click on 'View New Posts' from the home page and see all the new threads and posts since I last visited.

In other words, I don't normally need to navigate my way to the individual boards.

I have created a new thread since the reorg. and had no problem in finding the right board.

Also, (again just a personal view), but I find the home page fine as it is. I like the fact that there's a lot of info immediately available. The truth is, all these matters are pretty subjective.

Anyways, one way or another, I think we all agree that this is a great site and I'm sure I'm not alone in thanking you for the hard work you put in maintaining (and improving ) it.

Thanks Ivorm for sharing your opinion.

I agree that a lot of regular members will simply look at the new threads each day on the front page - either in the table or via the new posts link, and bypass browsing to a particular forum altogether. But I think new members to the site, will be eager to read older posts, which we've now built up an impressive library of knowledge - and from the feedback so far, the reorganisation should benefit them finding the threads they're interested in.

Appreciate your encouragement for maintaing and improving the site. It's a real pleasure and an honour to do!

Cheers,
Paul.

Those eagle followers of the boards will have noticed that we've now split the Forex and Commodities boards into two separate boards, and moved their corresponding forum threads into each.

Many thanks to Toad for suggesting this update earlier today.

Splitting the FX & Commodities forum has been on the cards ever since it was first created, but up until now we didn't feel there was sufficient activity to justify two separate forums. However in the past few months we've seen a lot more interest in trading these types of instruments and therefore splitting the forums is now the logical step to take. Hopefully it will also encourage more traders to participate in each individual forum.

The forums are accessible in the usual ways, or you can go straight to them here:

Forex Forum

Commodities Forum

If anyone else has suggestions for improving the forums, please add your opinions to this thread, or start a new one in this Feedback forum.

Thanks,

sharky, since you asked.

I like to bookmark the pages I use most.
when I come on the board, I invariably go to 'View most recent Threads".

As far as I can tell, there is no way to bookmark this selection as
it is the result of a search function.

Is there was some way of giving it a static title ?

There's a couple of ways that I can think of, of achieving this - but perhpas someone else can come up a more elegant way of doing it.

The link you want is:
http://www.trade2win.co.uk/boards/search.php?action=getnew

But if you try bookmarking it as you rightly pointed out you'll get redirected to the results before you get a chance to bookmark it.

So either:

1. Go to the url and immediately start hitting the stop button on your browser. It should stop on the page that tell you it's searching for new threads. You can then bookmark this page, and each time you go to it - it will retrieve the latest threads.

2. Create a link to the front page (give it a suitable name like "T2W New Threads"), and then in IE go to Favourites -> Orgranise and right click on the newly created link, select properties and manually change the link so it's the same as the one above.

Ditto everything Bonsai said.

I have visited numbers of boards over the last year, but this is the best.

Some of the boards have really nasty b******s posting all sorts of offensive stuff to other traders. While we can disagree with others viewpoints on this board, we all do it in a reasonable way
(well mostly).

I would like the facility to be able to go straight to the last post on a thread rather than have to reach the thread and then have to get to the last page then scroll down to the last thread.

Keep up the good work

Darren

thanks for that sharky, but if you cant give a direct link its not a really big deal.
but it would have been nice.

I will just go to home page and select from there.

when I put 'get new' as a book mark it returns only the
posts since my last search ?
anyway, I am only getting 3 threads listed.

'get new' seems to be the url for 'View new posts'
I am hoping for a url for 'View Most Recent Threads' which appears on a mouse over on 'Discussion' drop down menu.

Are we talking about the same thing?

darren
you need to click on the arrow on the right hand side of the page
next to the posters name.

Bonsai and Sharkey

Thanks for the tip.

I should have spent time investigating the bells and whistles on the site in detail, but get engrossed in all the threads.

That's a compliment to the site and the posters.

Darren

On a further note we've slightly rearranged the categorisation of the boards as you can clearly see on the forums index page here:

http://www.trade2win.co.uk/boards/

Nothing drastic, just a further attempt to make all the various boards as easy to navigate between as possible.

The changes are:

"First Steps" moved to Styles & Strategies
"Classifieds" moved to The Tools
"FAQs" moved to Member Boards
and forums in The Community are all prefexed by T2W

Any comments or further suggestions for improvements are always welcome.

Thanks

Hi Sharky, is it possible to mark posts you've read as you go. I have to keep going back to the start in case there's a new one while I'm reading. ie. I would also wipe that as well.
:cheesy: Know what I mean?

Hi Oatman,

I think I know what you mean - is it when you click "View New Posts", but if oyu read a new post and then click back on the link it may still appear? Unfortunately there isn't an easy way to get around this. But you might want to click the link to "View Most Recent Threads" instead which will always show you the latest posts in chronological order - it's available from the discussion menu, or as provided a few posts above for Bonsai.