Reminiscences of a Wallstreet1928 Subscriber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Squirrel

Welcome to my Trading Journal!!! I've come back to T2W after many years of being away. Life came between me and my interest in trading, but I've made time to return and I extend a very warm hello to you all.

When I joined T2W, I got chatting to Wallstreet1928 and have loosely kept in touch with him ever since. I contacted him a couple of months ago and he told me of his success, including his own trading analysis website and that he offered a service whereby subscribers can learn how to trade, whilst making themselves a handsome number of pips via his live calls.

So that you may know a little more about me, I shall share that I am a not-so-successful property developer, who got caught up in the credit crunch and refuses to give up on his one and only remaining development. As such, I live on a building site and am tasked with finishing the project alone. Winter is approaching and rather than drink a bottle of brandy each day to pass the time, I have decided to revisit trading as a more positive way of seeing myself through the dark winter months ahead.

During the early hours of last Thursday morning, I decided to bite the bullet and subscribe to Wallstreet1928's subscriber service and this is where my Trading Journal begins.......

Last edited:
I received an e-mail this morning from Wallstreet1928, saying that he is suspending his subscription service until 24 October 2011. In the meantime, I will post a review of the live calls I have received as a subscriber from 6 October to 12 October.

Good luck :)

And wow you have a mad story there about the building site, it shows strong will

Mr Squirrel. Hows the subscription?

Thanks for the interest. I've been receiving texts and e-mails all week from WS and am gathering this information to present in the best way possible. I shall be posting my results over the weekend.

Are you trading them or just recording them? Obviously results would be slightly different what with slippage and so on.

Are you trading them or just recording them? Obviously results would be slightly different what with slippage and so on.

This week I am solely recording them. I have learned that blindly trading these calls live is unwise until I have a better understanding. I would like to begin demo trading them next week.

I received an e-mail this morning from Wallstreet1928, saying that he is suspending his subscription service until 24 October 2011. In the meantime, I will post a review of the live calls I have received as a subscriber from 6 October to 12 October.

Since WS decided to start my subscription from his return from holiday, I think it would be extremely unfair to post about my experiences whilst he was away. I shall be starting this journal retrospectively as of Monday 24 October 2011.

It is true that I have some reservations about WS' subscription service. However, I would like to explore the possibility that I could be wrong, rather than make unfounded accusations. The aim of my journal is to answer these questions and I hope that it can be of use to anyone else who may have questions about WS' subscription service.

I would like to make it clear that it is not my intention to discredit WS in any way and, as I have said to WS, it may well be of positive benefit to his service. My promise to WS and readers of my journal is that I will be honest and without bias. If anyone has any questions they would like to ask me, please feel free to do so.

Since WS decided to start my subscription from his return from holiday, I think it would be extremely unfair to post about my experiences whilst he was away. I shall be starting this journal retrospectively as of Monday 24 October 2011.

It is true that I have some reservations about WS' subscription service. However, I would like to explore the possibility that I could be wrong, rather than make unfounded accusations. The aim of my journal is to answer these questions and I hope that it can be of use to anyone else who may have questions about WS' subscription service.

I would like to make it clear that it is not my intention to discredit WS in any way and, as I have said to WS, it may well be of positive benefit to his service. My promise to WS and readers of my journal is that I will be honest and without bias. If anyone has any questions they would like to ask me, please feel free to do so.

I wonder how wallstreet1928 feels about this, should be interesting. Good luck(y)

I wonder how wallstreet1928 feels about this, should be interesting. Good luck(y)

I think WS is okay with it... I've told him what I am doing and he's even asked me to comment on his thread about how my first week trading with him has gone. I'm not out to get him or anything stupid like that. People are sceptical by nature and I am no different. In the absence of anyone else putting their money where their mouth is and reporting back, I thought I'd take the plunge.

A fair analogy is that his subscription service costs roughly the same as a pub meal and couple of pints once a week. I'm prepared to give that up for a chance of learning something new. However, I expect it to be as advertised, cooked properly and my pint served just right.

An interesting thread Mr Squirrel.

If it proves to be successful signal service it would bring some more customers to the signal provider.

Always wondered why would somebody who is successful at trading charge small amounts for their signals instead of increasing the stakes and making loads of money (surely must be much more than subscription fee)

Doesn’t make sense - does it?

An interesting thread Mr Squirrel....Doesn’t make sense - does it?

This is a commonly asked question about services such as these. I do not know the answer to that question. I trust the answer will become clear as this journal develops.

Last edited:
This is a commonly asked question about services such as these. I do not know the answer to that question.

Nor do I.

If I was a cynical type, I would say they can't trade so they need to find some other way to make living.

... or maybe they do it because they are kind and helpful people trying to share their consistent profits with other traders?

Status
Not open for further replies.