Recommend me a mentor

I don't know anything about T_D. However, on the wider issue, yes people do stay for a long time in trading rooms where they loose money. People will buy system after system from scammers, even though they've loosed money on previous ones.

Why? Greed, naivete, hope, etc.

:LOL::LOL:

Yes. And full-time trolls will pretend to be successful traders dispensing advice because they can't really make a living as traders or post their actual statements like Bison can -;(

Bison lost ten percent of his account on one single trade, had only been trading for months, then fled Tom's room to mentor..quality..;)

Thanks for the Bison link tripletrade. It seems to me to be a genuine Interactive Brokers statement re Bison. Interstingly, he tried to blot out his name but the letters Ch are still evident in the surname on the statement and Bison's surname begins with Ch. Moreover I can see numerous forex and commodities trades on the statements during December.

But his success seems to be too bitter a pill to swallow (he must have conspired with Dante to deposit 30 grand) for those naysayers in this thread who cannot duplicate his success.

I have been learning a lot from different courses and books for forex trading but the more I realize how hard trading is the more I realize I need a mentor. My criteria for a mentor is not that he or she should just be a great trader. A great trader is not necessarily a good teacher just like some of my high school or university teachers were not good even though they were clearly brainy enough to do well at their own subjects. I want to be able to independently verify a mentor by the fact that most of people he or she has coached have all been trading successfully on their own for at least six months.

Based on browsing through a lot of threads I notice Trader_Dante, Black Bison (though he seems to be Trader_Dante's former student) and Alan Rich. I don't mention Mr.Charts because I am mainly interested in forex and possibly also indices and commodities.

Can any former students of the above traders give me a heads up re how well they have been doing after being mentored by one of the above traders. Recommendations regarding other mentors will also be welcome. Anyone recommending someone should be willing to send me proof of their trading results or some way of commniciating so I can use my built in BSD detector as I don't intend to spend a lot of money for mentoring based on nice words alone.

Any reply from successful students?

Haven't seen it as yet on this forum - just complaints all the time: fleeced, painful extraction etc.

Any reply from successful students?

Haven't seen it as yet on this forum - just complaints all the time: fleeced, painful extraction etc.

There was one reply. I sent a PM to that poster. Perhaps the others will respond in due course. Perhaps also they are more focused on trading than trolling and don't spend anywhere as much time posting?

But if you have seen complaints about Dante and Bison perhaps you will share the links to back up your claim (you know....some proof) like tripletrade shared Bison's statements link? That would be extremely helpful because it would prove their are more people complaining about Dante et al than there are people benefiting.

Last edited:
Can I just say, I had a girlfirend that waz from Neath, so if u think I am goin back anywhere near there again you are more plonkers that howard.

Noob, you've heard the details from Black Swan - Bison apparently claimed a deposit was winnings, did 10% of his roll on one trade, has only been trading a few months and is already "teaching", Jesus H Motherf***ing Christ, how much clearer do you want it to be?

Your problem is that you are desperate to believe, you make Fox Mulder look like a motherf***ing sceptic.

You are ripe for an a$$-raping in the wallet. Good luck, you gonna need it boy.

There was one reply. I sent a PM to that poster. Perhaps the others will respond in due course. Perhaps also they are more focused on trading than trolling and don't spend anywhere as much time posting?

But if you have seen complaints about Dante and Bison perhaps you will share the links to back up your claim (you know....some proof) like tripletrade shared Bison's statements link? That would be extremely helpful because it would prove their are more people complaining about Dante et al than there are people benefiting.

There you go assuming again ! You are assuming that the mentoring offered by dante is at fault. The likelyhood is that the students are not capable of grasping what is being taught.
I have no idea if what dante teaches is good or not...but I can say that he knows a hell of a lot more than any potential newbie student traders and the majority of traders on here.

I remember that Bison thing - he was posting his statement with some extraordinary return for a month or so. There was something I didn't like about it. It was either involved with a massive risk or inconsistency over a longer period. Anyway if you go down that way, maybe it's best to ask for at least 3 years verifiable trading record. Be careful - there are lot of unscrupulous entrepreneurs in training business.

The simple truth is, 99% of the time it can't be taught, it must be learned, and there is a difference. When it comes to actually doing it for real, you need the confidence and self-belief, plus the custom-made approach that fits you, in order to have any chance of executing consistently, sticking out the rough patches, not getting carried away in the good and so on.

That's just how it is kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFvr0sU46C8

look into the yes of a madman
You can see it in his face, he's a weak and sad man
Staring straight ahead, his eyes set like stone
With a nine millimeter cocked at your dome
No way out, it's too late 'cause you're already in it
So what'cha gonna do you'll be dead in a minute
Thinking slow will get you nowhere fast
A young life terminated with one short blast
You live like that, you die like this
That 's how it is
Livin' with regret is no way to live
That's how it is
You're dead too soon if the bullet don't miss
That's how it is kid
How it is

That's what you get for
Living like this
With a bullet in your head - you're dead, you can't miss
Ain't no time for regret when you're body is in a bag
Ain't no time to change your mind when your head begins to sag
Should've known better, ain't working for you now
Maybe if you'd know better you'd be here somehow
So change your ways before you ways change you
With a hole in your head that you can see through
You're looking up and you're looking down
Shot's are rippin' out from all around
You're crying out for help but it can't be found
The voice of regret is the only sound
You play the game and you pay the price
For hustlin' in the gutter with the mother****in' street lice
You're runnin' and gunnin' and whatever else goes
And you're goin' with your crew whichever way the wind blows
"cause you got their back and they got yours
And you live for yourself and you make your own laws
But sooner or later what goes around comes around
You wind up dead and buried in hard, cold ground

rite listen up.

I will mentor u for FREE and do it rite here and rite now.

What you need to do is trade your own way. You will probably pick one way, lose money, chose another way, lose money, and so on and so on, until you start to think

" eh? well ive tried all the ways so maybe the way isn't the problem?"

and then u r on the 1st step.

then what u need to do is look back at all your ways you have tried, and sit like with your legs crossed and go " Hmmmmmnnn......." and fink about what you believe about markets. Then, you need to make a trading plan around it. It dont have to be perfek but it needs to be good enough from stopping you trying to microwave ur head in the microwave.

Then, you set up you risk and money so that basically you can lose money for about a year without getting all hairy. Point is that you need exposure that is only way to learn. Make sure you have enough to lose while getting your exposure, if you don;t have enough to lose then dont bother just save your money.

Then what you need to do is review your trading like marking or feedback. what did work what dint work and so on and so on. Eventually your experience will remember the stuffs even if you are not concious of it and you might even get better and make money.

what you really want in a mentor is not someone who says trading rules to you - no point. Some might show you new ideas and thats good if you can, some mentors can show very specific skills and others only just ask you bloody questions! but honest a good mentor will keep you interested / motivated / kick u up ar$e when needed long enough for your clever mind (more cleverer than u know) to remember stuff from all the learning about YOUR OWN TRADING that u r doin.

and as well the best mentors do it because they are bl00dy good eggs and not for squillions of pounds. Isnt true that you get what you pay for.

(this was free so u can ignore it. always I think in life but specially in trading / sports / performance, you should not be afraid or embarrased to ask for help or guidance from those what are more experienced than you. I am not millionaire and still on my trading journey but just my $0.02)

I have mentored newbies in the past with varying degrees of success, or to be accurate - failure on their part. What I have found to be amongst the most common traits/experiences of a newbie with respect to mentoring is;

a. The mentor can only teach what he knows...general mentoring is fine but the student is usually looking for is a shortcut and an immediate trading edge, whereas it would be better for them to learn all the basics and build/develop their own that suits their individual preferences/tolerances/needs etc...
b. Almost without exception I have found that the student is unwilling/unable to put in the required amount of work/screen time and prefers a trading edge being handed to them and live trading to start straight away.
c. Students generally have no idea what a trading edge is and what it can and can't do ...it can take years to fully accept this beyond an acedemic understanding of it. Consequently developing the psychological edge necessary to trade can also take longer than they understand.
d. Most fail and most are lazy....I am sure that that the former is partly because of the later.

Recently I had some one sit with me during a trading session and they were very surprised at the work that goes into determining a trade selection, let alone the preparation before a trading session starts, and the waiting for a suitable set-up to develop. they admitted that my style of trdaing would not suit them. I tried to get them to understand that my particular trading edge aside, that most of the work is in preparation and then waiting. Every few minutes they would say 'what about that one' or what about this one' just desperate to be involved in the market, and I could see their growing boredom and frustration with my systematic and methodical approach and my patience. They were viewing my patience at sitting out half formed set-ups as some kind of bottling out, particularly when they went in the right direction, and could not understand that I waited for over 2hrs to take the first trade of the day (it was that kind of day.)

To the OP: Good Luck with your search

Last edited:
Noob, you've heard the details from Black Swan - Bison apparently claimed a deposit was winnings, did 10% of his roll on one trade, has only been trading a few months and is already "teaching", Jesus H Motherf***ing Christ, how much clearer do you want it to be?

Your problem is that you are desperate to believe, you make Fox Mulder look like a motherf***ing sceptic.

You are ripe for an a$$-raping in the wallet. Good luck, you gonna need it boy.

Did you actually look at Bison's December statement Pazienza? That is proof. Now if you can provide proof about the deposit that would be good. In any case, even if he made one bad trade it doesn't invalidate that December statement. It's clearly a list of successive and successful forex and commodities trades. Show me any trader who hasn't made several bad trades.

Great post. (y)

You know your onions sunshine.

rite listen up.

What you need to do is trade your own way. You will probably pick one way, lose money, chose another way, lose money, and so on and so on, until you start to think

then what u need to do is look back at all your ways you have tried, and sit like with your legs crossed and go " Hmmmmmnnn......." and fink about what you believe about markets. Then, you need to make a trading plan around it. It dont have to be perfek but it needs to be good enough from stopping you trying to microwave ur head in the microwave.

Then, you set up you risk and money so that basically you can lose money for about a year without getting all hairy. Point is that you need exposure that is only way to learn. Make sure you have enough to lose while getting your exposure, if you don;t have enough to lose then dont bother just save your money.

Then what you need to do is review your trading like marking or feedback. what did work what dint work and so on and so on. Eventually your experience will remember the stuffs even if you are not concious of it and you might even get better and make money.

what you really want in a mentor is not someone who says trading rules to you - no point. Some might show you new ideas and thats good if you can, some mentors can show very specific skills and others only just ask you bloody questions! but honest a good mentor will keep you interested / motivated / kick u up ar$e when needed long enough for your clever mind (more cleverer than u know) to remember stuff from all the learning about YOUR OWN TRADING that u r doin.

and as well the best mentors do it because they are bl00dy good eggs and not for squillions of pounds. Isnt true that you get what you pay for.

(this was free so u can ignore it. always I think in life but specially in trading / sports / performance, you should not be afraid or embarrased to ask for help or guidance from those what are more experienced than you. I am not millionaire and still on my trading journey but just my $0.02)

I have mentored newbies in the pastwith varying dgerees of success. What I have found to be amongst the most common traits/experiences of a newbie with respect to mentoring is;

a. The mentor can only teach what he knows...general mentoring is fine but the student is usually looking for is a shortcut and an immediate trading edge, whereas it would be better for them to learn all the basics and build/develop their own that suits their individual preferences/tolerances/needs etc...
b. Almost without exception I have found that the student is unwilling/unable to put in the required amount of work/screen time and prefers a trading edge being handed to them and live trading to start straight away.
c. Students generally have no idea what a trading edge is and what it can and can't do ...it can take years to fully accept this beyond an acedemic understanding of it. Consequently developing the psychological edge necessary to trade can also take longer than they understand.
d. Most fail and most are lazy.

Good Luck.

Excellent post. You portray very well several well known newbie traits and the bottom line that even with the best mentoring it all boils down to the newbie's attitude. Indeed, by way of analogy, some graduate with first class degrees in science but would never make it as doctors because they would faint at the site of blood. I think that's why one trader said demo trading is as different from the real thing as playstation warfare is different from facing real bullets.

People seem to think, based on their replies to my post, that I am under some get rich quick illusion or that I think simply being mentored will guarantee my success. Nothing could be further from the truth! It's precisely because I know trading is so darn difficult that I am searching for a good mentor but I am not under any illusions that a great mentor will make me a successful trader! Thanks again for your post based on your experience in training students.

So do you (know your onions). (y)

I have mentored newbies in the past with varying degrees of success, or to be accurate - failure on their part. What I have found to be amongst the most common traits/experiences of a newbie with respect to mentoring is;

d. Most fail and most are lazy....I am sure that that the former is partly because of the later.

Recently I had some one sit with me during a trading session and they were very surprised at the work that goes into determining a trade selection, let alone the preparation before a trading session starts, and the waiting for a suitable set-up to develop. they admitted that my style of trdaing would not suit them. I tried to get them to understand that my particular trading edge aside, that most of the work is in preparation and then waiting. Every few minutes they would say 'what about that one' or what about this one' just desperate to be involved in the market, and I could see their growing boredom and frustration with my systematic and methodical approach and my patience. They were viewing my patience at sitting out half formed set-ups as some kind of bottling out, particularly when they went in the right direction, and could not understand that I waited for over 2hrs to take the first trade of the day (it was that kind of day.)

To the OP: Good Luck with your search

Last edited:
rite listen up.

I posted this in answer to another question but the same applies here and what Dash is basically saying is this:

- Open a demo account, throw a load of indicators on your chart, trade, make some money

- Open a live account with your new found trading wisdom, lose all your money

- Re-invest, lose all your money again

- Go back to a demo account, read a load of trading books, hang around forums to learn all you can

- Open a live account again with all your knowledge of the markets, lose all your money... again

- Go back to a demo account and learn to really trade, properly, with everything you know, stop hanging around in forums where everything clouds your mind and just use the skills you have learnt over the past 3- 4 YEARS

- Open a live account again and trade with skill, patience, a good all round awareness of the markets and why they do what they do, make some money, slowly build an account

- Come back to forums and make **** posts like this one :D