Mentor educating the unteachable

If you have a problem with my posts, perhaps a PM would be more appropriate.

The PMs I've received seem different in tenor that your reaction. I wonder why that is?

Ooh..ooh let me guess...all these PMs are members begging you to mentor them? :D Don't you grade A tw@ts ever get tired of this fookin nonsense? BTW I just had a PM telling me who you are/have been on this forum before...you saddo... :LOL:

Ooh..ooh let me guess...all these PMs are members begging you to mentor them? :D
Poor guess. Hope your trading strategy is more knowledge based.

If I choose to solicit business here sometime in the future, I will register as a vendor. I have, however provided assistance at no cost.

I just had a PM telling me who you are/have been on this forum before...you saddo... :LOL:
Just because you say it doesn't make it so.

In all but two exceptions I always use my own name as my forum name. Even then I had my real name available in my profile. Therefore, I guard my reputation by only stating as fact what I am able to prove is fact.

There is an unavoidable suspicion of those who hide behind pseudonyms, who use inflammatory language and fail to back up what they say, Black Swan.

Poor guess. Hope your trading strategy is more knowledge based.

If I choose to solicit business here sometime in the future, I will register as a vendor. I have, however provided assistance at no cost.

Just because you say it doesn't make it so.

In all but two exceptions I always use my own name as my forum name. Even then I had my real name available in my profile. Therefore, I guard my reputation by only stating as fact what I am able to prove is fact.

There is an unavoidable suspicion of those who hide behind pseudonyms, who use inflammatory language and fail to back up what they say, Black Swan.

At what point in your trading *career* did you discover T2W...?

@ODT and other Vendors, Mentors, Bull$***ers!
Call some live trades real time, if they're wrong then maybe it's the drawdown period, but continue to call, prove you are worth something!
If anyone pays any vendor or anyone without checking they're not being mugged then they are a mug!;)

Last edited:
125k euros per annum.

I don't have any beef with you and your postings - it is after all just the internet but even this bold claim of what would seem to be a significant custom build vessel based upon that mooring fee has aroused a morbid curiosity in me.

Dude, if you are genuine about owning a yacht, you should be able to answer these questions on basic seamanship and put us all out of our misery.

1) If you put your port engine into forward and starboard engine into reverse, tell me what you boat does if there are no effects of current or wind on the boat. The answer also depends on whether your boat is stern or shaft drive so I'll need to know that too.

2) Puerto Banus operates stern to moorings - can you tell me how you negotiate a stern to mooring without crashing into the dock?

3) If you are moored up to a dock on your port side and there is significant wind of say 30knots pushing your vessel onto the dock, how do you depart without causing significant damage to you expensive GRP hull?

4) What is the distress signal you should give if you're vessel is incapcitated but not in immediate danger? Also what channel you do this on?

5) What signs do you look for to see if somebody is in immediate danger of drowning (and I don't mean bobbing up and down in the water)?

Dude - if you can answer these coherently, I for one would believe that you may own a boat.

I don't have any beef with you and your postings - it is after all just the internet but even this bold claim of what would seem to be a significant custom build vessel based upon that mooring fee has aroused a morbid curiosity in me.

Dude, if you are genuine about owning a yacht, you should be able to answer these questions on basic seamanship and put us all out of our misery.

1) If you put your port engine into forward and starboard engine into reverse, tell me what you boat does if there are no effects of current or wind on the boat. The answer also depends on whether your boat is stern or shaft drive so I'll need to know that too.

2) Puerto Banus operates stern to moorings - can you tell me how you negotiate a stern to mooring without crashing into the dock?

3) If you are moored up to a dock on your port side and there is significant wind of say 30knots pushing your vessel onto the dock, how do you depart without causing significant damage to you expensive GRP hull?

4) What is the distress signal you should give if you're vessel is incapcitated but not in immediate danger? Also what channel you do this on?

5) What signs do you look for to see if somebody is in immediate danger of drowning (and I don't mean bobbing up and down in the water)?

Dude - if you can answer these coherently, I for one would believe that you may own a boat.

Ooh..he can't even Google the answers on a couple of those...:D I have ODT on ignore, what's he *done* now?

Ooh..he can't even Google the answers on a couple of those...:D I have ODT on ignore, what's he *done* now?

I know man - you only know if you've helmed and done enough close quarters dockside sh1t.

Claims he has a yacht in Puerto Banus and pays 125k Euro per annum for mooring. This may be true but I thought I would at least try and validate it with some seamanship.

You're a sailor if I remember rightly - Jeanneau?

Black Goose, anyone who disagrees with you is on your ignore list, it's the only way you can keep track of the ones that have not called your bluff yet:p

But then again you won't see this post 'cause I'm on your ignore list as well...but everyone else will see it....there's your first mistake goosey baby...

At what point in your trading *career* did you discover T2W...?

That's a fair question.

Here is the time line.

I've been investing and trading since 1964.

I came up with my current strategy in Feb 2010. I did computer simulations (back testing) on five years worth of data divided into two parts so that I could test against data the system had never seen. I did prototyping (paper trading) for five months to smooth out the methods of interfacing with the market. I did pre-production testing (small money trading) for one month. I reviewed my strategy with my son who is an economist because of his extensive math skills. I got the idea of teaching this to others while teaching him. I set up a separate broker account to be used exclusively for this strategy so that I could have auditable evidence of real money trades in case I went through with my training idea. I began the final phase, full production (serious money trading) on Sept 1, 2010.

I use the engineering analogy for the stages of qualifying a system because I'm a retired software engineer and manager of multi-discipline engineering teams. This process is well understood in engineering. I just apply it to qualifying my trading and investing strategies as well.

I joined this forum on Sep 29, 2010.

Robster, it's seriously gone over your head has it not?:cool:

Early bird gets the worm, in your case, not!

I know man - you only know if you've helmed and done enough close quarters dockside sh1t.

Claims he has a yacht in Puerto Banus and pays 125k Euro per annum for mooring. This may be true but I thought I would at least try and validate it with some seamanship.

You're a sailor if I remember rightly - Jeanneau?

Wow, that's er..*impressive* :D. No sadly I don't own a Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 54...but I'm seeing 2008's for 350K Euros atm and plenty that you can take over the lease so I haven't given up hope that I'll be debt free and own a two year old before I reach my half century...5 years to go..:)

Howard, I like your honesty and your integrity, comes across very nicely in your posts, I wish you good luck and will watch your posts with interest as it is very obvious your intensions are very positive. The downside of forums on t2w will become very apparent very quickly but I believe you will persist and make your own judgements...welcome and good luck..

That's a fair question.

Here is the time line.

I've been investing and trading since 1964.

I came up with my current strategy in Feb 2010. I did computer simulations (back testing) on five years worth of data divided into two parts so that I could test against data the system had never seen. I did prototyping (paper trading) for five months to smooth out the methods of interfacing with the market. I did pre-production testing (small money trading) for one month. I reviewed my strategy with my son who is an economist because of his extensive math skills. I got the idea of teaching this to others while teaching him. I set up a separate broker account to be used exclusively for this strategy so that I could have auditable evidence of real money trades in case I went through with my training idea. I began the final phase, full production (serious money trading) on Sept 1, 2010.

I use the engineering analogy for the stages of qualifying a system because I'm a retired software engineer and manager of multi-discipline engineering teams. This process is well understood in engineering. I just apply it to qualifying my trading and investing strategies as well.

I joined this forum on Sep 29, 2010.

Wow, that's er..*impressive* :D. No sadly I don't own a Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 54...but I'm seeing 2008's for 350K Euros atm and plenty that you can take over the lease so I haven't given up hope that I'll be debt free and own a two year old before I reach my half century...5 years to go..:)

Marine mortgage? Lombard are still open for new punters. 20% down.

Once in Gib I went to look at a catamaran that was attempting the round the world record (it was sponsored by Orange I remember)... as it happens, when I arrived they were preparing to leave - if you've never been in that part of the world, it can get pretty "blowy" there, and it was then.

Anyway, as they were leaving, they only untied one end of the boat properly, and let out a little slack on the other. In the end, the wind blew them outwards into the bay and they used the attached rope as a sort of swing. When they were headed in the right direction, they tried to undo the other rope (I mean untie it there end and let the knot unravel around the bollard thing). Turns out it got stuck (the knot), cue cries of "help, please!" from a boat full of frenchman in Algiceras bay, and the obligatory pause from anybody English before helping.

Anyway that, I think, is the answer to 3).

EDIT: Oh, just seen the into the dock" bit... maybe they also did something fancy with their sales, like set them at an angle to tack at, which I didn't notice. I was too busy looking at the gadgets.

Anyway that, I think, is the answer to 3).

LOL - it's funny watching that kind of stuff and then when the wind changes direction and it pushes the £20m racing yacht onto the dock and you hear the scrape and crunch, you wince like you do when watching Ann Widdecombe dancing.....

If ODT has a motor cruiser of any size and he's moored on the coast, I guarantee he will have had to depart under this condition.

:sneaky:That was not intellect, just common sense, intellect is only used when kids are in bed...

ODT's a big fish, a clever fish but a fish nontheless. And like playing chess with a large, clever fish, you need to provide an interesting lure.

So he's going to see that he's talking to somebody who has a boat too, and he knows that I don't partake in the ODT bashing because on some level and occassionally, I kind of agree with some stuff he says. I have no axe to grind with him.

He knows that by answering the questions correctly, I can validate that he probably does have a boat, although the boat size is questionable. The questions will flush the boat size out roughly and any boat owner will see this. So he's either got to do some really good homework that's not available on google easily if he doesn't know or if he does know, these questions are really a doddle and his salvation and triumph can be revealed to all.

Alternatively, he can choose not to answer and continue to reinforce the poor credibility he's managed to accumualte over time.

It's tricky - what does a big fish like ODT do?

LOL - it's funny watching that kind of stuff and then when the wind changes direction and it pushes the £20m racing yacht onto the dock and you hear the scrape and crunch, you wince like you do when watching Ann Widdecombe dancing.....

If ODT has a motor cruiser of any size and he's moored on the coast, I guarantee he will have had to depart under this condition.

Why you watch Anne Widdecombe dance?!:LOL: dude, i don't know what to say anymore

ODT's a big fish, a clever fish but a fish nontheless. And like playing chess with a large, clever fish, you need to provide an interesting lure.

So he's going to see that he's talking to somebody who has a boat too, and he knows that I don't partake in the ODT bashing because on some level and occassionally, I kind of agree with some stuff he says. I have no axe to grind with him.

He knows that by answering the questions correctly, I can validate that he probably does have a boat, although the boat size is questionable. The questions will flush the boat size out roughly and any boat owner will see this. So he's either got to do some really good homework that's not available on google easily if he doesn't know or if he does know, these questions are really a doddle and his salvation and triumph can be revealed to all.

Alternatively, he can choose not to answer and continue to reinforce the poor credibility he's managed to accumualte over time.

It's tricky - what does a big fish like ODT do?

That's interesting...just last week I heard how the news teams were taking the **** out of Alex fergsusons analogy of the "cow on the next farm" and then they showed a clip of the
Other famous football manger's (mental blackout) analogy of the "eggs in the omelette"...I need not say anymore:p