Recommend me a mentor

The fact that there has not been a single post from anyone who has claimed to benefit from the mentoring of any of the aforementioned possible mentors suggests that they may not be very effective and/or their students may be less active in posting than those who replied in this thread.

Just remembered a post from a former student of a well known training company. Can't remember how much he spent on training, but it was somewhere between 15 and 20 k. The training didn't help him to become a consistently profitable trader, but he still kept hoping his trading may improve one day. (delusion - an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality, typically a symptom of mental disorder)

Anyway I would suspect that the reason why you don't have any response is more likely because of failure of the trainers you mentioned rather than successful students being shy/modest/busy trading...

Who would you believe, an independant source, or an ex moderator who was directly responsible for removing advere comments and protecting T2W's income ?

:LOL:

Thats the whole point :LOL:...mods were set up as independant of everyone...and believe u me we certainly are.....if it were any other way, i'd be off in a jiffy.

Thats the whole point :LOL:...mods were set up as independant of everyone...and believe u me we certainly are.....if it were any other way, i'd be off in a jiffy.

independant... yeah right :LOL:

The lads over at the other place will have a right chuckle at that

independant... yeah right :LOL:

Now Barjon can perhaps fill in the blanks of my next statement which is a bit of a standing joke in the mod forum:LOL:

E _ _ _ _ _ _ _ h _ _ a _ a _ _ _ _ _ a _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ e _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Just have to find out what it is !

I have been learning a lot from different courses and books for forex trading but the more I realize how hard trading is the more I realize I need a mentor. My criteria for a mentor is not that he or she should just be a great trader. A great trader is not necessarily a good teacher just like some of my high school or university teachers were not good even though they were clearly brainy enough to do well at their own subjects. I want to be able to independently verify a mentor by the fact that most of people he or she has coached have all been trading successfully on their own for at least six months.

Based on browsing through a lot of threads I notice Trader_Dante, Black Bison (though he seems to be Trader_Dante's former student) and Alan Rich. I don't mention Mr.Charts because I am mainly interested in forex and possibly also indices and commodities.

Can any former students of the above traders give me a heads up re how well they have been doing after being mentored by one of the above traders. Recommendations regarding other mentors will also be welcome. Anyone recommending someone should be willing to send me proof of their trading results or some way of commniciating so I can use my built in BSD detector as I don't intend to spend a lot of money for mentoring based on nice words alone.

Get a job at a macrofund (Winton, Cantab, Man, Jane Street, etc.) and get paid to be mentored. If they don't want you, give up.

Allow me to give them even more to chuckle about . . .
If it were any other way - I'd be off in a jiffy too. In fact, I'd beat C_V to the exit. And I'll happily wager that barjon and Trader333 would be right behind us.
Now, get chucklin'!

Who would you believe, an independant source, or an ex moderator who was directly responsible for removing advere comments and protecting T2W's income ?

well i stand by my earlier post that a. you is a troll and b. the members in question regarding feedback on mentoring have not had a post touched as far as i recall, not that i can check back on that now of course.

well mostly any adverse comments (yes i can spell, a troll can't) that were removed were mainly on the theme of investment land schemes in sierra leone or some such similar scams or other dubious mentoring/trading activity, whereby uk law firms actively protected the scammers, disgusting i know but where was the money to come from to finish the job and get rid of said scammers, any ideas troll? or you just want to keep it festering for lulz :D

I find it hard to believe the nonsense posted in this thread. Tell that to a trader who searched for a mentor, found one in either Alan Rich, Richard Joyson or several others, and is now trading successfully. Obviously some are not successful after such mentoring. But to suggest someone who is seeking a mentor cannot find one and they must find you is rubbish.
In my post I asked for replies from former students of people I specifically named. All I am getting are replies from full-time posters. Unless you were mentored I am not interested in your response. I am seeking a mentor and therefore could not care less about the opinions of those who think I cannot "find" one or that they cannot train successful traders.

I think you have the wrong impression of what a mentor is. A mentor is someone experienced who believes, sincerely, that he will not be wasting his time in trying to help a deserving trader. You cannot "find" mentors. The person who found a mentor in Alan Rich was wrong. Rich found him.

So get cracking and do something noteworthy to attract someone's attention.

I don't recall posts being removed about Rich or Dante. One of Rich's mates, Lee Sandford, did get some posts removed after i called them all a bunch of chancers. Most of the deletions related to Secker, Baghdady, LTG Goldrock and a few others. There again these things get deleted without notice so who knows what happened in the past.

however many voted

You'll find all sorts of shinnanagins occuring with the T2W annual awards.

The rules are kind of made up on the fly. For example, one year a banned member recieved considerably more votes than other candidates (much to the mods emberrassment having banned them)

So a rule was changed retrospectively, and a false result was published.

If things aint going the way they plannned they'll extend deadlines etc, every year its a right old bollox up (but funny to watch)

An intelligent question to ask is what happened to many of the recipients of those awards, and how do they regard T2W (for example, Mr Socco, Mr Marcus, DBPheonix etc). If you cant be bothered to do the research I'll tell you, every single one of them thinks the place is a joke. :LOL:

Until such time as there is complete transparency, best to treat these things with a very large pinch of salt.