Quality rebuttal versus trading gurus such as James 16

Shakone

2,458 665
Overall I quite like James16's stuff. The free video 'rants and charts' was useful to me. I don't know whether he can trade or not, and I agree with quite a lot that is here in this thread and in the opening post.

One of the things that I don't like about James16 materials is that the risk reward is usually very bad. I saw another video, and it said that he didn't really care about risk reward, would take partial profits at the first trouble area, could be 30-50 pips, whereas his initial stop was a the length of a daily bar 100-150 pips. This rang a few alarm bells.

I also agree with meanreversion (I think it was him at least). This gives you an ok entry, and a reasonable place to put your stop. How you manage it from there will make all the difference, and that isn't covered very well.

meanreversion

3,398 537
Overall I quite like James16's stuff. The free video 'rants and charts' was useful to me. I don't know whether he can trade or not, and I agree with quite a lot that is here in this thread and in the opening post.

One of the things that I don't like about James16 materials is that the risk reward is usually very bad. I saw another video, and it said that he didn't really care about risk reward, would take partial profits at the first trouble area, could be 30-50 pips, whereas his initial stop was a the length of a daily bar 100-150 pips. This rang a few alarm bells.

I also agree with meanreversion (I think it was him at least). This gives you an ok entry, and a reasonable place to put your stop. How you manage it from there will make all the difference, and that isn't covered very well.

The easiest way to get your win percentage up is to move your stops out and your take profits in, which is what you reference here.

I have to say, I've learned quite a bit from reading this thread, I had no idea that guru-dom was such a large industry. Furthermore, it arouses some fairly extreme emotions in people, not dissimilar to religion.

DionysusToast

Legendary member
5,963 1,501
If Apple announced it was selling iRope, there would be a line of 500 people outside each of their stores the next day.

Don't be silly, I have a Mac, iPhone, 3 iPods and an iPad touch and I wouldn't buy an iRope if they brought one out now.

I'd wait for the 4g version.

meanreversion

3,398 537
Our office is on Hanover Street, around the corner from the Apple store on Regent St.

The number of people queueing up each morning is astonishing, all buying iPhone 4s. When the iPad was launched, the line was close to 2,000 people.

There's a reason Apple shares are at an all time high.

Trader333

8,658 984
The number of people queueing up each morning is astonishing

Do most of them look like this:

Attachments

• ts.jpg
    ts.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 178
Reactions: trader_dante

Jason101

Experienced member
1,372 215
Re: Quality rebutall versus trading gurus such as James 16

Just happen to register and click new post at the same time these treads are created do they?

Ok, fair play, I was referring to my defensive post, I did not realise that would need an explaination.

That would explain the majority of defensive posts.

As to the new poster it could be as innocent as a non member on read only who is usually on FF and needed to sign up to post.

I don’t see it as a big bad conspiracy.

scose-no-doubt

Veteren member
4,630 954
I don't disagree that it's unlikely and not even nearly exciting or important enough to be considered a conspiracy but I take the approach that unless someone can really back up their claims e.g. Martinghoul posting all his bond pricing maths, Gammajammer posting news before it hits squawk etc then they are talking shizen.
Better to be cynical than to get burnt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock