Headway Trading / James Woodhead

DionysusToast - I am not sure of the address but I believe Headway Trading was based at 4 Broadgate, London (Just off Liverpool Street). I was initially going to enquire with Headway about possibly joining as an experienced trader but never did. In hindsight, it was a good choice.

What an absolute asshole.

I hope he gets everything thats coming to him.

Not sure why he is an "absolute asshole". A lot of prop shops go bust you know (and sometimes for no fault of their own).

A lot of prop shops do go bust (I know, iv been at one)- but after reading this and the whole way it was handled it doesn't sound like it was fairly done nor does it make him sound like he was honourable. Hence why I think its acceptable to call him a mere asshole. If I was on the receiving end of Headway, it would be a lot harsh.

I am sorry D70 for calling Mr Woodhead an 'absolute asshole'. Instead James your a silly twit.

A lot of prop shops do go bust (I know, iv been at one)- but after reading this and the whole way it was handled it doesn't sound like it was fairly done nor does it make him sound like he was honourable. Hence why I think its acceptable to call him a mere asshole. If I was on the receiving end of Headway, it would be a lot harsh.

I am sorry D70 for calling Mr Woodhead an 'absolute asshole'. Instead James your a silly twit.

Ok, agree with you.
Until we know the exact reason, I feel a bit protective (I also met the guy and didnt read him to be "that bad"). I think he was just trying to get a business off the ground.

Plus I do remember hearing about a prop firm (wont mention the name) that was trading one day, all hunky doory, then next day, closed. Not even the manager knew, came in and had all trades rejected. A backer had withdrawn all funds and that was that. Anyway.

DionysusToast - I am not sure of the address but I believe Headway Trading was based at 4 Broadgate, London (Just off Liverpool Street). I was initially going to enquire with Headway about possibly joining as an experienced trader but never did. In hindsight, it was a good choice.

they've probably already cloned the operation! Which other firms are based in one of those '4 Broadgate' broom cupboards?

they've probably already cloned the operation! Which other firms are based in one of those '4 Broadgate' broom cupboards?

I know League Trading are on the 4th Floor, but they have been operating succesfully for quite a while. Not sure who else is there though. Headway leased a small amount of floor space from Pyne for the short term in operation, after initially being in serviced offices near Monument Station for 2 months. That didnt necessarily ring alarm bells, as the office where MacFutures started was a pretty horrible basement near Bank Station, though the final outcome of Headway compared to Mac was only slightly different!
I have other words for Woodhead but it seems somewhat redundant and a waste of energy in expelling them, so I will stop!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jel187,

Noticed from the posts that you were a mentor/trainer for Headway Training, are you able to throw any light on Savi Trading after reading/receiving mixed reviews.................

I met the guys who were running Savi at the beginning of February. They seemed genuine enough and certainly seemed to have a wealth of experience, but as I have said on other threads, dont put your money down with ANY company unless they are FSA registered, or one day you could potentially be in for a nasty shock. It may never come to pass again with the likes of Savi and others, but why test the water if sharks lurk below as was the case with TCA and Headway.

I met the guys who were running Savi at the beginning of February. They seemed genuine enough and certainly seemed to have a wealth of experience, but as I have said on other threads, dont put your money down with ANY company unless they are FSA registered, or one day you could potentially be in for a nasty shock. It may never come to pass again with the likes of Savi and others, but why test the water if sharks lurk below as was the case with TCA and Headway.

How do iel187, had the pleasure of training with TCA only to get FUTA when they decided to stop trading the Bund, not a prob with that but it was just before I'd finished my bloody training. So off I trot and guess where I end up.... luckily for me I left, and by the sound of this thread a month before it fell over. The company aside the training was excellent and iel187 you taught me to be disciplined. Sorry to hear you were FUTA also as you're one of the good guys.

Yep, all of them are a total waste of; time, money, effort...[/QUOTE

Lucky for me the mentors were good as I did learn a lot and still want to trade. So now we are all dusted off and understand the nature of the beast who trains and doesn't want your shirt

Yep, all of them are a total waste of; time, money, effort...[/QUOTE

Lucky for me the mentors were good as I did learn a lot and still want to trade. So now we are all dusted off and understand the nature of the beast who trains and doesn't want your shirt

Eventually you'll realise the foolishness of your statement and the fact that you've been had, or perhaps you'll continue to embrace denial...whatever...