Quality rebuttal versus trading gurus such as James 16

Re: Quality rebutall versus trading gurus such as James 16

Has it ever crossed anyone’s mind that these defences are spurned by people who have found the free threads of some benefit.

HTF do they find threads like this so quickly?

Last edited:

Allow me to correct myself;

The jury is still out as to whether or not the likes of FF & T2W are complicit in promoting (directly or indirectly) these gurus...But given the attention (sticky eye balls) these long standing threads bring, and the associated advertising revenue that can be generated through proof of unique visitor numbers, it's highly likely that FF and T2W encourage this activty but look to step in to disaster manage, using Common Purpose style 'high-level management speak' platitudes, when issues are flagged..:D

Pity it often goes t1ts up a la Wasp etc

Allow me to correct myself;

The jury is still out as to whether or not the likes of FF & T2W are complicit in promoting (directly or indirectly) these gurus...But given the attention (sticky eye balls) these long standing threads bring, and the associated advertising revenue that can be generated through proof of unique visitor numbers, it's highly likely that FF and T2W encourage this activty but look to step in to disaster manage, using Common Purpose style 'high-level management speak' platitudes, when issues are flagged..:D

Hi BS,
I can't speak for FF - obviously, but the jury most certainly isn't still out in the case of T2W. There's never been a case for a jury to consider! There is absolutely no secret collusion or complicity between T2W and so called 'gurus'. Those that suggest otherwise fail completely and consistently to produce a single shred of evidence to support their case. But I accept they can't resist having a prod and stirring the poo - if only for the lulz value. As for 'high-level management speak' platitudes - they are as rare as hen's teeth!
;)
Tim.

Hi BS,
I can't speak for FF - obviously, but the jury most certainly isn't still out in the case of T2W. There's never been a case for a jury to consider! There is absolutely no secret collusion or complicity between T2W and so called 'gurus'. Those that suggest otherwise fail completely and consistently to produce a single shred of evidence to support their case. But I accept they can't resist having a prod and stirring the poo - if only for the lulz value. As for 'high-level management speak' platitudes - they are as rare as hen's teeth!
;)
Tim.

Damn and blast, you're just no fun these days, just can't get you to bite..respect. :rambo:

There is absolutely no secret collusion or complicity between T2W and so called 'gurus'

I think it's more a case of turning a wilful, wallet-filling ignorance rather than direct collusion or complicity tbh

I was referring to the Mr Charts thread for stock trading. You placed it as a must read thread.

Hi s_l,
I'm not sure whether your question is rhetorical or you're expecting a reply? If the latter, I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean!
;)
Tim.

I was referring to the Mr Charts thread for stock trading. You placed it as a must read thread.
Aha s_l - I'm with you now!
Yes, it is indeed a [Best Thread]. It enjoys its status as a result of the Members' Choice Awards 2009 - and has nothing to do with me. You'll see that it won the vote for 'Favourite Forum Thread' and, coincidentally, Mr. Charts himself was voted as the second most valuable contributor on T2W. Collusion - such as it exists then - is between the members and the 'guru'. All completely transparent and above board!
;)
Tim.

Good stuff! Who says that jacko from FF wouldn't have won a similar award?:cheesy:

Aha s_l - I'm with you now!
Yes, it is indeed a [Best Thread]. It enjoys its status as a result of the Members' Choice Awards 2009 - and has nothing to do with me. You'll see that it won the vote for 'Favourite Forum Thread' and, coincidentally, Mr. Charts himself was voted as the second most valuable contributor on T2W. Collusion - such as it exists then - is between the members and the 'guru'. All completely transparent and above board!
;)
Tim.

I don't know why so many people have some bee in a bonnet about J16 at the moment.
His teaching is good, his methods work, he'll give you plenty of his time if you have questions or need help, even if you are not a paying forum member. Also (Unlike Jacko who seemed obviously dodgy to me) he posts charts / trades / videos of his methods that do work etc. The fact that J16 recommends dailies (at first) is not a problem. Not everyone wants to sit in front of a screen, dailies make big profits without needing so much babysitting. Bottom line is it works. If you are at a start from scratch level or frustrated with progress and decide to go to learn from J16 and, of course most importantly put in the effort for yourself, you can go a long way to making trading your business.
I can't see what the problem is with any of that.

J16 is a very good thread, I think it teaches newbies discipline and patience & I think that traders at many levels have been able to benefit from James' teachings. Unlike other threads (some of which act purely as marketing platforms for pay services), most information is provided for free of charge.

I'm interested in this pin bar method, I'll code it up and do a little backtesting, see what works.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/192645/Pin-Bars-Introduction

Just looking at the graph of a typical pin, I would agree that it looks visually compelling. If we call the bar that sticks out bar 2, isn't it the case that you need to know that bar 1 and bar 3 are both much lower than bar 2.. i.e. you need to wait for the full formation of bar 3 in order to trade?

In other words, you can't actually trade until bar 4 (because you don't know the high/low of bar 3 until it's over).. is this right or am I mis-understanding? Pin-bar wizards, help me out.

Had a look at your link MR...

All I can say is nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

[
J16IsaDick.jpg

Tell me it's not just me that sees that...

That is just plain wrong

James doesnt' just teach to trade pinbars, and when he does use them, they are simpy a trigger, other factors are the reason for entering, pinbar on its own is useless.

Pinbars are not the only thing taught, he just entered a trade using no PA bar at all, simple s/r trading, there is many things he teaches not just pinbars.

Anyone that wants to learn old skool s/r trading, that is what james teaches, don't belive the nonsense in this thread.

Go check it out for yourself and you'll see what i'm talking about.

Oh btw, he's going to be posting quite alot now, so go check it out, very cool stuff will be taught for free over the next few months.

Why dont some of you silly bunnies check out company registration details for the J16 group.

Probably too much like hard work I suspect

Had a look at your link MR...

All I can say is nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

[
J16IsaDick.jpg

Tell me it's not just me that sees that...

That is just plain wrong

Ah, you mean it looks not dissimilar to the rocketship in Austin Powers, the long one with the two small spherical boosters? Johnson..?

Ah, I confess I'm laughing quite hard now ... notice how it pokes out ... should be called a "pen bar", short for ...