Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bund is now close to the 118.55 target I've been waiting for :)

If you are still short, pay careful attention to PA at this level.

I am looking to cut and reverse.

good call tom got in at that 4h bar a few days ago and got stopped out then f***ing mised the pin a couple of bars later kicking myself now but thats how it gos mate

pat

85.86 has established itself as resistance, pinbar forming on D1 right now. No fib confluence. Targets: 82.86/TL/80.49. Weekly trend is still up, so I would not count on it past PA1 or TL. However, even PA1 provides R:R=1:2. Please comment.

been in since ~76, and expect to see it in the high nineties.. Good commodity/ carry trade proxy. If I was in short term mode I'd be out now and reestablish.. But I don't want to lose my position ;)

85.86 has established itself as resistance, pinbar forming on D1 right now. No fib confluence. Targets: 82.86/TL/80.49. Weekly trend is still up, so I would not count on it past PA1 or TL. However, even PA1 provides R:R=1:2. Please comment.

Nice spot..

The pin looks nice; it is coming from a strong resistance and a double top.

But 1hr shows me an opposite situation. Price is showing a nice bullish move, it is taking every resistance and using it as support... It looks the same kind of behaviour now. Price broke resistance, re-charged at support and is gonna take this one off too.

If it breaks and find support up there it probably go to 87.5. Where we can go short with 38 fib, weekly pivot and top of daily channel!

Note: If the price does not break the resistance at 85.70 it may be a good short.

Last edited:
Daily Pin on GBPUSD off of the 38.2 on the Weekly from 18 Jul 08?

The 38.2 and not much else...not good enough for me...

Ditto that Cad/Jpy mentioned above. Great looking pin at a double top but that's about all there is going for it.

I don't have any s/r pivot on my charts, no fibs or TLs and am therefore totally unsuprised to see it fail.

Roundup of current positions

- I am in USD/JPY from the Daily TF. (see chart)

- Just cancelling my Daily order on Corn but will still be watching particularly on the hourly.

- Nothing else on right now but still looking for bullish PA on the Bund.

- I like the feel of a Eur/Gbp rally but not long and not sure I intend to be.

Attachments

• usd.gif
    usd.gif
    29.4 KB · Views: 223
IB play

Yep. The majority of my trades are.

I have been looking for these a lot more recently. I saw one on EUR/JPY last Thurs [21st] but I did not like the location.

If I may ask....

Do you do any other TA with these or purely mechanical - as in:
Enter on the break either side with stop on the opposite side of the IB?

Finally what if it goes one way and then the other, do you reverse?

Goog

Don't know if any one ever trades goog, it can be a fast mover.
Its bang on a nice ppz at the mo, with a mini pin off the ppz on yesterday's daily too.

Attachments

• goog.jpg
    goog.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 172
As long as the 'favourable' market conditions exist then usdcad is a sell down to 1.00. Money being made in overnight (EONIA) markets currently hence lack of movemnt in indcies.

gbpusd

As pointed out on a previous post and commented on further by Tom,...a pinbar on gbpusd daily shown below. The level was the 38.2% 0157-3505, 505 8660-3505 and Dly R2 pivot (y/day,) so only fibs and a calculate pivot, no previous price pivot

The 1hr chart below shows the sell off to the 76.4% fib of the 5774-6083rise where price found support and has retested the previous swing Lo (=prev support=potential sbr) in the purple coloured zone now potential SBR. The area had seen some demand again albeit minor on the fall from 6083 but supply soon absorbed it for the fall to 5850 area.

G/L

2mcedtj.gif

EUR/JPY Possible short-term short near 134.80
USD/SEK Possible short now, near good levels of resistance and strong trend down side.
CAD/JPY Long-term short at 87.5. Fib, Weekly Piv, Trend Line.

Note: GBP/JPY 155.50 is the level to look at.

EUR/JPY - Target at 133.50 (got in at 134.75, 13 pips risk)
USD/SEK - I didnt take the 1hr reversal inside bar I may miss the move down but I thought it would go just a little further.. Anyway, Looks a good break down. 7.6370 will play a good support.

- I like the feel of a Eur/Gbp rally but not long and not sure I intend to be.

It shot through .8723-25 and is now approaching 8750-65.
However, my bias is still somewhat bearish.
I closed my short yesterday a little above the daily low for a small profit when the downmove was clearly exhausted and am not currently in.

A new market for me, but USD/CHF looks bearish on several TFs.
Bullish on GBP/JPY. Not trading either for now, just watching.

I'm finding IBs a bit tricky to trade, to be honest, and seem to fare better with OBs.
Some past quite good examples on USD/CHF in some TFs, I think.

USDZAR Anyone?

Good swing into a good weekly level. 61.8 fib confluence. Pinbar on H4. The left eye has been taken out, looks like an inside bar is forming (2 hours to go). Targets are: 8.2442-8.2605 / 8.4148 / 8.4875. If anyone is into ZAR, this might be the time to get in.

Attachments

• 2009-05-28 usdzar w1.gif
    2009-05-28 usdzar w1.gif
    14 KB · Views: 146
  • 2009-05-28 usdzar d1.gif
    2009-05-28 usdzar d1.gif
    13.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 2009-05-28 usdzar h4.gif
    2009-05-28 usdzar h4.gif
    15.7 KB · Views: 155
eurgbp weely

time to go long goog r/r

weekly pin coming up

daily triangle with doouble bottom(test)(y)

Attachments

• eurgbp.gif
    eurgbp.gif
    25.7 KB · Views: 185
Good swing into a good weekly level. 61.8 fib confluence. Pinbar on H4. The left eye has been taken out, looks like an inside bar is forming (2 hours to go). Targets are: 8.2442-8.2605 / 8.4148 / 8.4875. If anyone is into ZAR, this might be the time to get in.

good point but funamentals do not reflect in rand especially awaful gdp today but its highly speculative nature and high correlation with gold.

so watch gold and equities

Interesting - doesn't look that great a pin on my chart.

While not necessarily arguing against the long, I am not sure if it is a "perfect pin" in terms of having plenty of "space" to the left, in which to move - in other words, there are some problem areas not too far above, e.g. .8795.

Status
Not open for further replies.