Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pa indicating to get long indices was beautifully clear...882.50 was the trigger price area in the S&P...first profit target here at 904. Sorry - well after the event but it's worth looking back at for those still learning. The IB was off a beautiful level.

The pa indicating to get long indices was beautifully clear...882.50 was the trigger price area in the S&P...first profit target here at 904. Sorry - well after the event but it's worth looking back at for those still learning. The IB was off a beautiful level.

I just can't see it... I looked at H1 and H4. When you get a moment, can you please post a chart.

i just can't see it... I looked at h1 and h4. When you get a moment, can you please post a chart.

S&P.JPG

Thanks Ljr... My chart is a little different. It is from fxpro's MT. Also, I am looking at S&P500 and you are looking at SPX. I did a quick google search but cannot tell the difference at this point.

EUR-GBP Short

Hi everyone, went short EUR-GBP yesterday after the bounce off the diagonal trendline. Now is where I have trouble (ie, the exit) I initially went short UKP 6 p/p. I closed out 2 p/p at 8770 when I saw the bounce forming, so still have 4 p/p running and the trade looks healthy so far. I have marked trouble zones at 8722, 8661, 8585, and 8435. My current stop is at 8790 (4 pips above the last big swing-high) for want of a better place to put it. If I was at the screen at the time I might have added to the position again at the swing high around 8777, but I was not at the screen then. Anyone else short? Any ideas about how to get the most out of this one? Still have my "L" plates only, so this is a demo trade, but wish I had put some real money on this one.

Regards, Chris Collins

Attachments

• EUR-GBP-1.GIF
    EUR-GBP-1.GIF
    127.8 KB · Views: 164
  • EUR-GBP-1.JPG
    EUR-GBP-1.JPG
    456.7 KB · Views: 141
EURUSD 1hr IB, bias is bullish but 14000 is a big resistance so if going long beware of the failure to break this.

FD, I wondered if the uptrend had exhausted itself, and it was going to seriously reverse.
I made a few pips out of the downward move, which has now slowed (at a minorish old support level, and 1.3922 is a recent support not far below).

Is this week a "holiday week" in Euroland, so what we are seeing is maybe a continuation of the Bank Holiday low volume?

However, I notice EUR/GBP is more active (and down).

Cheers,
Mike

Could well be, just as it was rallying intraday and is still at highs then i would still conside it bullish until it starts to make a decent move down.

IB on Geppy

IB on 1hr G/Y. This pair has been very bullish the last few days. There has been an attempted breakout of the 1hr upper trendline and there is still upside in the daily/weekly channel.

There is lots of talk on the forums that this pair will tank back towards 118 but I'm tempted to say that we could go up to 157 before that happens. I think there will be a big down move but not too keen on getting burned against the trend. May take a break to the upside of the 1hr IB but we are close to another round number at 153.00.

There is divergence on the chart but I'm not an expert on this. Could someone tell me what they think about it? I'm also paying attention to volume, no major sign of distribution yet. The pros are still buying on dips (I think).

EUR/GBP double pin on hourly

On my chart there was a double pin (11:00, 12:00 BST) on EUR/GBP at the end of a downmove. The first one was actually a long-legged doji; the second has a real body, but still a long tail, no lower than previous.

I'm not trading this as a reversal at this point, and actually have an order to sell below the low of those two pins, with a stop above the recent high, on the basis that this is really a trend continuation. Conservative 1/2 TP at .8645, as not convinced of the strength of the downmove.

looking more bullish just before I hit "submit reply", but there you go.

Best contrarian sell signal then - Cable is in the news - time to get get short :cheesy:

BBC NEWS | Business | Pound strengthens to beyond $1.60

I remember when it was majorly in the news in Dec, to be heading for parity. It wasn't the right time to go long, since EURGBP went from 92 to 98.
98, when they'd got bored of it was a good time to go long.

Sometimes the mainstream news is a self fulfilling thing...

The pound has been hammered against the dollar over a few months. It's the dollar's turn now. I see 1.65ish as fair value. But please don't trade on that. Unless it's to sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.