Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
GBP/USB 50% retrace of the fall and looks like its gonna tank again now...break of the inside bar on the hourly

If uk is going to lose AAA then the bigger news coming is the usa losing it or having it threatened, their debt level is way worse

Vedanta due a pullback - Price retraced from 50% fib from last major swing high in 08.

Attachments

• img_12429104223841.gif
    img_12429104223841.gif
    16.7 KB · Views: 171
GBP/USD fakey

well just been battered on what looked like a good trade. 50% retrace of fall, followed by Inside bar, break of inside bar....though it was gonna tank, it retraced and then formed pin-bar, though that was gonna tank, then WHAM.

Attachments

• GBPUSD.GIF
    GBPUSD.GIF
    21.8 KB · Views: 199
This has been said a million times, but the whole point of this method of trading is taking setups at levels, if you can show me a level where the pinbar is I'll give you the loss you made on that trade.

well just been battered on what looked like a good trade. 50% retrace of fall, followed by Inside bar, break of inside bar....though it was gonna tank, it retraced and then formed pin-bar, though that was gonna tank, then WHAM.

IF the pin had been above the IB and he close a the higher then maybe or a much longer tail, bu on the whole that was near enough another IB that ooked like a mini pin.

Also if it only broke 2 pips lower than the IB and rallied why not wait for it to clear the bottom of the in and the IB/low of the second candle then sell?

Just a though for next time

Thanks Tradedays. Perhaps underlines the value of not moving stops to BE ...?

If analysis run over the course of say 50+ trades indicates that moving quickly to BE then of course one should do that but...

Don't decide to move to BE from now on because one trade went from a massive profit to a loss.

You need to have made at least 50+ trades executed in exactly the same way in order to tell that something does or doesn't work.

Otherwise next time you will move to BE and then be back on here saying you made zero when if only you had kept your stop in the original place you would have made 800 pips.

(Relates to advfntrader's post on GBP/USD)

FWIW, I thought that EUR/USD was doing something similar earlier (different direction), when looking at the 4HR (1HR is a choppy sea). Still not sure about it now, although it's looking a bit more bullish.

(I was not trading it, by the way).
(or cable)

Attachments

• EUR-USD-4HR-20090521-1646.jpg
    EUR-USD-4HR-20090521-1646.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Partial profits... lol.

Everyone else ignore everything I say.

Good Luck w/ the GF!

F*ck it.

I've got less chance with her than the Bund has of managing to get back above 121.50.

Think you took partial profits at a good place. (obviously not the best with hindsight but that's not a luxury any of us have ;))

120.40 - 120.50 is the next support as you will no doubt realise.

Then its 118.55, baby.

Good luck Gecko.

You're a ledge!!!

AUDCAD Short

AUDCAD has bounced off 0.8996 (call it .9000 if you want) and is trying to open up to the downside. The price stormed the daily SR pivot @ 0.8777 five times since the beginning of the month. A pinbar is forming on the Weekly chart. There is some room to go to the grey area between .8547 and .8497. The next problem area is around Sept lows.

Sometimes I can't help looking at the fundamentals when they support my technicals... In this case, the rising oil should help the looney.

Anyone views it differently?

Attachments

• 2009-05-21 audcad w1.gif
    2009-05-21 audcad w1.gif
    19.5 KB · Views: 163
  • 2009-05-21 audcad d1.gif
    2009-05-21 audcad d1.gif
    14.3 KB · Views: 156
Just something that came up on another thread... posted more for a laugh really. Those options expire today btw, hence the relevence.

Attachments

• haha1.PNG
    haha1.PNG
    35.6 KB · Views: 180
  • haha2.PNG
    haha2.PNG
    34.7 KB · Views: 189
  • haha3.PNG
    haha3.PNG
    36.1 KB · Views: 203
  • haha4.png
    haha4.png