Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you talking about USDCHF or USDCAD?
I mixed up the two and since corrected the USDCHF post, but decided to keep the "you beat me to it" post anyway :).

Anyway, my take on USDCAD: 1.0865-1.0863 (Jul '07 and Aug '08) is approaching, it may become a pivot. But I don't see how it can be more than a retracement.

Eur/gbp

FWIW, I closed my long on EUR/GBP for a few pips.
Perhaps I should have had the courage of my convictions, but my convictions weren't that strong in the first place, and I didn't have a good feeling about this trade.

I didn't like the way the 10:00 1H bar seemed to be acting as a resistance, and it didn't seem to be going far after that.

No doubt I'll be proved wrong, but that's the way I read it.

Attachments

• EUR-GBP-20090529-1228.jpg
    EUR-GBP-20090529-1228.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 142
Winding up for another leg up?

Worth watching

Attachments

• US SPX500 Daily (26-MAY-09).png
    US SPX500 Daily (26-MAY-09).png
    40.1 KB · Views: 191
Gbpusd info

Cable trades above the 200ema and sma on all time frames 5min-daily, and is currently inbetween the 50ema and sma on the Weekly. (ema is solid in pic below)

1zp35tt.gif

EUR/USD 1H pin

Pin on 1H 12:00 bar.
[Edit: not on a pivot as such, that I can see, but not far below a previous resistance around 1.415 ]

Not sure if shadow peeking above it from current bar invalidates it though.
Also, although it has a long tail which sticks out from the real body of the previous bar, it's not so far out from the shadow of the previous bar.

On the other hand, that uptrend looks a little extended.
(Congratulations to anyone who got in on the beginning of that - not me :( )

Last edited:
Pin on 1H 12:00 bar.

Not sure if shadow peeking above it from current bar invalidates it though.
Also, although it has a long tail which stick out from the real body of the previous bar, it's not so far out from the shadow of the previous bar.

On the other hand, that uptrend looks a little extended.
(Congratulations to anyone who got in on the beginning of that - not me :( )

I don't see any levels near this pinbar.

Eurusd

Agree nothing obvious. There is a minor swing hi on daily (B) 4140-4363 that houses the 76.4% of 4715-2450 at same level as 50% of the major 6028-2326 swing (4175-80 area.) in there too is the 161.8 of exceeded 3736-2882 swing, (4262.) Above this an arguably more major previous swing hi (A) 4409-4728 that houses the 61.8% of the 6028-2326 swing down @ 4616.

xdtvn.gif

Last edited:
EURUSD - some wishful thinking

Here is a self-explanatory EURUSD outlook. I will be waiting in the yellow box.

Attachments

• 2009-05-29 eurusd w1-2.gif
    2009-05-29 eurusd w1-2.gif
    17.8 KB · Views: 160
  • 2009-05-29 eurusd d1-2.gif
    2009-05-29 eurusd d1-2.gif
    19.3 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Here is a self-explanatory EURUSD outlook. I will be waiting in the yellow box.

Fair plan I guess. Does the spike up to 4718 area on that weekly candle of 14/12/08 bother you? What will be your trigger t/f?

Good luck to anyone expecting a Eur/Gbp weekly hammer. (A good looking one anyway)

I've been watching that all morning. It really is under pressure.

I doubt it can stay above 0.8740.

Last edited:
Fair plan I guess. Does the spike up to 4718 area on that weekly candle of 14/12/08 bother you? What will be your trigger t/f?

I think 1.4363 is a stronger level because it's a confirmed SR ivot. Also, the price did not close much higher than 1.44 on the Daily on that spike anyway, so it does not bother me. I will be looking for a clean touch and rejection of 1.4363 (some more wishful thinking) on the Hourly, and if not, then I will watch the PA on the Daily and possibly Weekly, since there is a long way to go down from there.

Ilya

Eurgbp

Good luck to anyone expecting a Eur/Gbp weekly hammer. (A good looking one anyway)

Could be an interesting area with the 38.2% of 6533-9799 rise confluence. G/L

zvddep.gif

Thanks for the reply Ilplusq.

Just taken another looks at that eurgbp daily and wonder whether the zone below the current one may be interesting with previous swing highs (arguably minor but double test) 50% fib and t/line?

edit: actually the trend line is unlikely to figure unless there is a quick drop to the zone next week

245k7dl.gif

Last edited:

I have one at 1.4148 from Sept 2008, support later tested as resistance, and near-tested in a couple of other places I think. That's what I was referring to as 1.4150 in my later edit.

Perhaps not that convincing though. As we speak there seems to be another pin forming - probably less than ideal though. I'm not sure how that stacks up with the previous pin and the intervening bar.

Nevertheless, there seems to me to be resistance not far above this general area, so....

I have one at 1.4148 from Sept 2008, support later tested as resistance, and near-tested in a couple of other places I think. That's what I was referring to as 1.4150 in my later edit.

Perhaps not that convincing though. As we speak there seems to be another pin forming - probably less than ideal though. I'm not sure how that stacks up with the previous pin and the intervening bar.

Nevertheless, there seems to me to be resistance not far above this general area, so....
I had to search for those levels to see them, so I ask myself how many other people see those levels and act on them... But, you know, a lot of pins work without any levels, too. I just don't like the odds of those setups that do not happen at major levels.

Look for it to be offered as we go later into the afternoon today. Don't know how much needs to be done actually AT the fix for the MSCI rebalancing, but the stuff that will get done will be net eur selling if it goes on pure weightings change terms. But of course monthe end fixings aren't always as cut and dried as all that. It's all set up for this to be a whippy month end though. If you like noise trading, great, if not, re-asses after 4pm I guess.

GJ

Status
Not open for further replies.