Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
time to go long goog r/r

weekly pin coming up

Supremegiz,
Sorry, I can't see the weekly pin, my weekly chart looks along the same line as the dailiy, ...... do I have a different feed?

Attachments

• googwkly.jpg
    googwkly.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 144
EURGBP - retrace bus

Adding to the Weekly and Daily charts above: for those who missed the bottom IB like I did, the bus is heading back to 0.8721 (confluence with 38 fib). I will watch PA on H1, this is the place to get in - the r/r is much goog'er than on weekly pinbar.

H4 chart included to support all the H4 levels which would act as Problem Areas.

Ilya

Attachments

• 2009-05-28 eurgbp h1.gif
    2009-05-28 eurgbp h1.gif
    15.8 KB · Views: 164
  • 2009-05-28 eurgbp h4.gif
    2009-05-28 eurgbp h4.gif
    19.8 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Usd/cad

Is anyone trading this pair at Daily or weekly TF?

I have been watching this pair and looks its setting for a long entry.

It is a massive weekly level of support at 1.100 from the lows of 2006 and trend line tested several times.

Daily chart shows a weakness of bears near this level.

4Hrs Shows HL – LL all way down. The 1.100 level looks clear the end of the next LL.

If prices find support at 1.100 and gets some momentum we should see it going all the way back to 1.147.

I don’t see a Cleary trend in the weekly chart. Could someone give me an opinion?

Attachments

• USD CAD 2905.jpg
    USD CAD 2905.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 165
EUR GBP Short

Hi all, have been short on this pair since 0.8800 with 6 lots initially and scaled out 3 of those lots on the way down. Am now holding my breath with the remaining 3 lots and hoping that the retracement bus is exactly that, and not a @#$% reversal. However, looking at the bigger picture it may well go up to the upper major diagonal trendline (top right of pic) before heading back down again.... I had scaled in another 3 lots short at 0.8742, but these were stopped out... Have scaled in again another 2 lots short at 0.8764 and now my stops for all the short positions sit at 0.8791. Agree the big money will be short below 0.8660, and hope to be in short there regardless.

Regards, Chris Collins

Attachments

• EUR-GBP2.GIF
    EUR-GBP2.GIF
    120.6 KB · Views: 180
natural gas

A speculative long is beginning to look good to me now. I intend to cut half if it reaches the monthly pivot.

Attached is some (dis)information for those that like funnymentals.

Attachments

• monthly miNY natural gas.png
    monthly miNY natural gas.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 176
  • Daily miNY natural gas.png
    Daily miNY natural gas.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 169
  • SalidaCapital_U.S.NaturalGas-ACoiledSpring_May_28_2009.pdf
    507.3 KB · Views: 404
Sooner or later Corn is going to break out like a b*rstard to the upside.

It's the only time in God knows how many moons that I am tempted to just trade the break and not wait for a retest. I've got a good strong feeling about this :) (and yes I will be trading it, it's not just an opinion)

time to go long goog r/r

weekly pin coming up

Supremegiz,
Sorry, I can't see the weekly pin, my weekly chart looks along the same line as the dailiy, ...... do I have a different feed?

mate thats a typo as i was typing fast is good and not goog... and that was for eurgbp
as there is double bottoming out within a triangle kinda bullish with good r/r.. weekly pin if coming up will be realised end of day today ..

Yea, also S/R level around the same area (8720).

I have 8721-25 marked as a zone. I took a small long off the pin, but as of now, it's not panning out too well. Oh well, we'll see.

Attachments

• EUR-GBP-20090529-1114.jpg
    EUR-GBP-20090529-1114.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 180
Gbpusd

Presently cable is finding some resistance at the Dly R3 pivot 6173 -76 area after the run up this morning. Price is already above Mthly R3 and Weekly R1 is at 6212 area.

The chart below shows the fibs from the swings lows @ 5511, 5774 and 5850 to current Hi as well as the previous near term imbalances of supply/demand or demand/supply reflected on this 1hr chart as the most obvious previous swing hi/Lo areas, that may provide rbs or support if tested again in the near future. There are some trend lines too.

To the upside further near term resistance could be found at the 6366-6690 previous Daily swing Hi that also houses the 38.2% of the major 2.1162-1.3505 swing down @ 6413, and right at the top extreme of that zone is the 61.8% of the more recent 8660-3505 swing down.

G/L

e1cfuo.gif

Last edited:
USDCHF: I have a feeling 1.0690 from August may act as support again, followed by a retracement to either Daily TL (confirming it) or 1.1167 making it an SR pivot.

Attachments

• 2009-05-29 usdcad d1.gif
    2009-05-29 usdcad d1.gif
    20.4 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Could be right but looks as offered as you like on the charts to me right now. Plus MSCI effect this afternoon might mean timing is an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.