Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
IB question

Question on taking an IB. If the current hourly GBP/JPY bar closes as an IB, according to DIBS, we should be going long on a break of the IB as the IB formed above the daily open.

But in this case, since we're at a high point on a daily/weekly upward trend, the IB is perhaps indicating a reversal.

Would you trade this bar if it closes as an IB, or would you look for further confirmation?

EDIT : There is also an ascending triangle on 1H and 4H. Could also enter on a break of that.

imo theres still trendline support for usdjpy/gbpusd/gbpjpy. its just me i wouldn't short as i tink they may stall, i still believe in the uptrend

I think it would be worth watching for price action at the 1.4890 level

090507 - H1.jpg

Gj

Question on taking an IB. If the current hourly GBP/JPY bar closes as an IB, according to DIBS, we should be going long on a break of the IB as the IB formed above the daily open.

But in this case, since we're at a high point on a daily/weekly upward trend, the IB is perhaps indicating a reversal.

Would you trade this bar if it closes as an IB, or would you look for further confirmation?

EDIT : There is also an ascending triangle on 1H and 4H. Could also enter on a break of that.

I agree with Teojh & Kitejedi, for a daily trade I would not short this as it has not broken the uptrend line, thats just me though.
I would also not trade GJ tomorrow as a daily trade because it is NFP day and I think the moves will all be driven by the US dollar. When USDJPY goes one direction and cable goes the other then GJ is just choppy and whipsaws.
Thats just my opinion and my rules ... maybe we will have a better setup next week.

Think of NFP this way, you can do exactly the same trades - just within seconds instead of minutes. Agree completely with post-NFP; i want cable down on monday.

Of course taht all depends on how you want to trade. There are some people who love trading crosses on big dollar move days for exactly that reason Nic. Usually that works best if you're in a position to be able to leg in and out of stuff efficiently (so you can trade the post NFP reaction in cable and usdjpy individually). Not always for the faint of heart though. I personally am a terrible legger more often than not, but when it works well it's fantastic.

GJ

Yeah you are right GJ. Im the worlds worst scalper tho ... so I will leave it to Killphil.
UKsnowman trades the dailies I think so might not be the best day for him either.

Dunno if this has been flagged already but caught this will browsing my dailies. Pin on 1hr at daily s/r.

Attachments

• nzdusd 7may 1hr.gif
    nzdusd 7may 1hr.gif
    34.5 KB · Views: 182
  • nzdusd 7may daily.gif
    nzdusd 7may daily.gif
    35.7 KB · Views: 168
No charts at work for me - can anyone report on the Dow? Is she tanking yet? Is it at a decent SR level?
Cheers!

Dax, nasdaq are beginning to shank....... yen pairs following....... spicy enough?

Gotta say everything is shaping up daily, new trends on monday i hope.

(GJ FTSE CRUDE etc).

Only spicy enough when I get to see a big fat shooting star on the daily for me Omni...thanks for the update though; I hate firewalls. Work always gets in the way of making money; wretched :cry:

Yeah you are right GJ. Im the worlds worst scalper tho ... so I will leave it to Killphil.
UKsnowman trades the dailies I think so might not be the best day for him either.

Yup Elite, I'm 'trying' to stick to dailies on real account, I tried scalping initially but it's too much stress and I can't leave the computer alone! I will leave that to the experts and focus on the bigger picture until I get a better feel for the markets + more consistency from dailies.

I opened an account with VC financials to get the 500 cashback deal. I said to myself I would only trade it on the dailies but I was so careful to enter an A+ position that I never even made a trade before the offer expired lol. Now on the 250 cashback so still patiently waiting for the right entry. Hopefully when the dust settles in a couple of days I'll get my chance..

FWIW I think we need to see 940 on the S&P before a consolidated move down.

Famous last words.....

could any of you guys give me some advice please
spread betting companies which one would you choose i already have an ig account was wondering what the thoughts on cmc or odl any any othere s that may be applicable

also charting soft ware i no that ig have their own but should you be using another charting company just incase what ig are doing is to delayed

and do you think there is a need for real time data such as this
MarketSource - live mobile financial market data quotes, charts, alerts & news

be gratefull for your coments please

Status
Not open for further replies.