Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont have a solid trading plan tbh. Sometimes hourly, sometimes daily trading.
I just trade when I see the opportunity. Depends on the instrument but normally tech it on four TFs (hourly or longer) independently. If they all show high prob of some action enter trade using hourly.

Maybe I should be taking a more professional approach now...

maybe stick to Daily until you are profitable. thats what I am demoing, keeps you out of silly, risky trades

I dont have a solid trading plan tbh. Sometimes hourly, sometimes daily trading.
I just trade when I see the opportunity. Depends on the instrument but normally tech it on four TFs (hourly or longer) independently. If they all show high prob of some action enter trade using hourly.

Maybe I should be taking a more professional approach now...Um shouldn't you have done this from the start

Do one things and do it well.

At the moment you're playing roullette

chucking a chip on 27 here, red the next 18, 22,

Choose one strategy and one time frame and get the hang of it, then maybe another strat or time frame, but one thing at a time, market will still be here tomorrow, will your account balance be?

why not....... everyone is a contrarian....... right?? haha

I was just trying to be smart putting 2 bars together....Would I get a 55min bar if I put 11 5min bars together? or shall I just get a better charting platform?!

Maybe I should be taking a more professional approach now...

I think you have just found the problem mate..Image you open a retail car sales without a plan.. At which price a car is cheap that you can buy and make money?

Start to use any strategy, there a lot of then which works and try to set your mind up!

I`m using a simple strategy, as my main work plain and a long the way I`m still learning and getting some more tools for my arsenal..

I`m attaching a PDF doc for you, about R/S, Pin Bar and a Book.. Simple as that and if you control yourself and follow the plan you can turn the game..

I`m still doing silly mistakes, but I improved a lot, my strategy works and I just need more "mind work"...

Take easy...

Trade is simple but it aint easy...

Hope it helps!

Attachments

• BRV_S+R_Trading_210808(2).pdf
    878.9 KB · Views: 336
  • Trading_in_the_Zone_and_The_Disciplined_Trader.doc
    41 KB · Views: 2,522
  • Swing Highs and Lows - Understanding the Pin Bar.doc
    93.5 KB · Views: 235
maybe stick to Daily until you are profitable. thats what I am demoing, keeps you out of silly, risky trades

Aaron - been exactly where you are - seriously mate, stick to the daily and only take the very best set-ups. The only two trades I took last week earned me more than I earned in the whole of the last quarter last year, and last year I almost went grey trying to keep on top of lower TF stuff. By all means keep your eye on the 4 hour but unless the daily you've entered looks like going against you stick with it. You have to be very very patient though!

lol I got burned by crude... a desperate quick trugger its-defo-comin-down-so-short-with-a-wide-stop-recoup-initial-loss-trade

as a result i stay away no matter how sexy it looks

gbpusd

Different complexion on the intraday position re gbpusd after release of 0.5% rate (no change) and further details of BOe's quantitative easing policy, - price sold off the 5195 area hi (Dly R1) ahead of the release and then took out the then intraday low of 5071 making a new current intraday low at 5048, (around swing high of 16/4.)

The 1hr chart shows the previous near term imbalances of supply/demand and demand/supply refflected on this 1hr chart along with some fibs of the main swings up from 4514 and any trend lines.

G/L

21afe37.gif

Claudia123,
Dont bother with hedges. If it aint good enough to take "straight", it aint good enuogh to take. (but if you wanted to "hedge"..... you might as well just trade eurchf or gbpchf.....coz that's the effective trade you will have on).

Everyone,
This 2hr timeframe talk...... you talk about it as if it is Adam's Apple....... You dont have to trade the 1hr....... or the 4hr....... I usually trade the 55min timeframe if you must know. I dont "believe" that the timeframe matters - or that more people are watching the 1hr than the 2hr... that's all just self confidence promotion..... in my opinion... only..... try not to get too fixed up on these minor details.

Thanks you're right. i was just bored and wanted to trade. Not good!! Any kept discipline and kept the cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.