Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
could any of you guys give me some advice please
spread betting companies which one would you choose i already have an ig account was wondering what the thoughts on cmc or odl any any othere s that may be applicable

also charting soft ware i no that ig have their own but should you be using another charting company just incase what ig are doing is to delayed

and do you think there is a need for real time data such as this
MarketSource - live mobile financial market data quotes, charts, alerts & news

be gratefull for your coments please
I wasn't able to get on with CMC, ridiculous slippage = immiediate account closure.
USed Fins a long time ago - was OK but charting wasn't too hot. Now have accts with Etrade, who I've found to be very good, IG which I haven't used too much and just opened an acct with Tradefair to get the free £100 for a 'play' acct. Charting on that platform is same as Etrade by the looks of it. Do'nt know about fills as have only put the two quickies in so far but they were filled immediately, no probs.

Pesos anyone?

USDMXN is at a HUGE level. Hasta la vista @ 13.72.

Attachments

• 2009-05-07 usdmxn d1.gif
    2009-05-07 usdmxn d1.gif
    13.9 KB · Views: 160
I dont see why it would get worse for everyone else... What is the matter? No one is asking you or somebody else to trade what they think is a good pin bar or not..

While some here is making money is what matters, dicuss some good set-ups and give a "heads up"..

What`s wrong Tom?

I wanted to start this thread as a place to examine the high probability reversal or continuation points in different markets so that traders can look for confirmation in the price action.

I firmly believe that by being patient and waiting for the market to come to you and then only entering the market at these pivots a trader will put the odds significantly in their favour.

Here is one that I have been watching closely for several days now.

When I first saw this thread I saw it as an attempt to undo some of the pin mania (and to hell with the reversal level!!) attitude brought about by Tom's original thread, by some lazy people wanting easy answers. I read the above post as a big arrow pointing towards the importance of finding significant market levels. As the posts went on there were less and less references to key levels and ironically more and more reference to pins. It began to resemble a tipsters site rather than an educational and heads up to levels thread.

Last edited:
I do have to say that after page 500 it starts to get a bit hazy and i started reading from there and didnt reli "get it" till i read from the beginning. Dont really understand why everyone should abandon this tho...

could someone help me please i am using the ig charts and i am trying to set up m average
nbr = days which i set at 20
horizontal shift (what do i set this at as i m not sure)
vertical shift (same applies i m nt sure)

could someone advise me please

also do i need to to set fast slow and expotential on the ig charts there is dema and tema could you explain exactly what they mean
thank you in advance

Last edited:
well to get the £500 margin with VDM I need to place 3 trades at £2pp each. I want these to be as low risk as possible to protect my own capital so thinking of getting in on the break of hourly PB's and closing after say 5-10 points.

I could also hedge 2 trades, ie. long FTSE future, short cash. then I only really have 1 trade to take

vdm is vdm global markets?

In my humble opinion, it's a very valuable thread to serious people wanting to become consistantly profitable, there are some good set-ups posted AND it gives people who are serious about learning and progressing a chance to have their posts ripped apart by the more experienced guys - which is a big part of the learning process.
TD started this thread as a place to share potential set-ups and OK I can see how it perhaps hasn't ended up where it was possibly meant to, but the 900 pages prove how popular it is and that there is a need. New people are always going to come and go, (I guess I'm one of them) word is going to get out that this whole site is full of good solid learning material - especially perhaps with the economy as it is and people want to find other incomes etc. It'll be a shame not to have your input Tom - but like it or not your time and effort has created a massive following for Trader-Dante (much like James16) I understand what you're saying about it getting out of control here but YOU have been a major player in turning my trading account around and I'm sure there are many others like me, who have read the stuff you've written and that has made all the difference for them too...so it's going to be difficult not to attract a following in this thread too (I am probably one of them also!)
Anyway, thats my opinion FWIW - maybe you don't realise what you've created here, I know I've only been around a few months, but you always make everyone welcome and show a never ending patience to all the stupid questions. I was also rather hoping you might one day call me a c**t in that endearing manner you have perfected! Hopefully you're just hormonal and need to go out on a bender with Phil! If not, cheers mate you'll be missed, but I do think your thread is too good for everyone to abandon.

Potential Setups for tomorrow

As you will all know, I try to work out a game plan ahead of each day so I am fully prepared and have setups to focus on.

Here are the markets that I think are offering the best opportunities for tomorrow:

The charts are included below in the order they are discussed. All are on the daily TF with the exception of P&G that has a daily and weekly chart.

P.S. I'm trading only hourly setups nowadays so with all of these I will look for setups on that TF. The setups are referenced merely to guide any of you that are interested :)

Good trading.

-Tom

Bund

Massive breakout to the downside today. All the more noticeable since stocks also tanked. 121.55 was absolutely KEY. It's gone and I now think that 118 - 188.55 is the target for this move. I will be looking to sell any pullbacks into that previous support.

Natural Gas

Natural Gas is now up 769 ticks from where I called it on this thread last week. We've broken out of the significant descending TL on increasing volume and there is every chance that this could be a key trend reversal. Look for pullbacks into the blue zone (previous support) which combines with a potential retest of the broken TL.

Proctor and Gamble (charts pg1 and pg2)

I don't normally trade US shares but noticed this whilst browsing through this evening. Chart pg1 shows you the HUGE weekly support that we are not testing from below. Chart pg2 shows you a pin bar at a double top on the daily. Looks almost too good to be true.

GBP/JPY

Most of you guys and girls probably already found this pin bar at a double top. If it's going to turn, this is where it should happen.

AUD/NZD

My favourite setup and on a pair I have never even traded before! Price makes one of the clearest bull flags I have ever seen with the price also touching an ascending TL for the third time (thus confirming it). That also coincides with a decent S/R pivot. As if that's not enough there is also fib confluence (50 percent of the last daily swing) All of this occuring beneath a MASSIVE triple top. This could well be the pivot point that gives us the boost through that top. It's rare that you get so much confluence on a trade. This has 4 key factors and is therefore VERY high probability. Note that there is no candlestick setup on the daily but I will be watching this very carefully on the hourly tomorrow.

AUD/CHF

Straight forward setup: daily pin bar at a decent s/r pivot. Should be good until first major problem area at 0.8150 odd.

Attachments

• bund.jpg
    bund.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 208
  • ng.gif
    ng.gif
    15.7 KB · Views: 202
  • pg1.gif
    pg1.gif
    14.5 KB · Views: 207
  • pg2.gif
    pg2.gif
    17.9 KB · Views: 231
  • gbp.gif
    gbp.gif
    18.2 KB · Views: 222
  • aud.gif
    aud.gif
    19.1 KB · Views: 218
  • aud-chf.gif
    aud-chf.gif
    18.5 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Well let's cut out the chat then and stick to posting setups!

I agree, but within reason I think the chat is essential - especially to people trading alone. I am sure there are other places to chat/banter but this somehow feels like home, even though I've only been here a few months..

Last edited:
In my humble opinion, it's a very valuable thread to serious people wanting to become consistantly profitable, there are some good set-ups posted AND it gives people who are serious about learning and progressing a chance to have their posts ripped apart by the more experienced guys - which is a big part of the learning process.
TD started this thread as a place to share potential set-ups and OK I can see how it perhaps hasn't ended up where it was possibly meant to, but the 900 pages prove how popular it is and that there is a need. New people are always going to come and go, (I guess I'm one of them) word is going to get out that this whole site is full of good solid learning material - especially perhaps with the economy as it is and people want to find other incomes etc. It'll be a shame not to have your input Tom - but like it or not your time and effort has created a massive following for Trader-Dante (much like James16) I understand what you're saying about it getting out of control here but YOU have been a major player in turning my trading account around and I'm sure there are many others like me, who have read the stuff you've written and that has made all the difference for them too...so it's going to be difficult not to attract a following in this thread too (I am probably one of them also!)
Anyway, thats my opinion FWIW - maybe you don't realise what you've created here, I know I've only been around a few months, but you always make everyone welcome and show a never ending patience to all the stupid questions. I was also rather hoping you might one day call me a c**t in that endearing manner you have perfected! Hopefully you're just hormonal and need to go out on a bender with Phil! If not, cheers mate you'll be missed, but I do think your thread is too good for everyone to abandon.

Sorry. You're right. Hormonal moment. Tradedays: thank you for your kind words. Call me a drama queen.

P.S. I notice Phil got banned. It was about time. lol

Sorry. You're right. Hormonal moment. Tradedays: thank you for your kind words. Call me a drama queen.

P.S. I notice Phil got banned. It was about time. lol

Thank F*** for that...thought we'd lost you for a minute there - No worries!

Did he?! ooops!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.