Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't this affect the dollar as well?
I presume they make a lot of Chryslers in the US too, so they could both drop together.

Yeah or they could just be really choppy!. I decided to widen my stop out again and stay in for the weekend.
The Govt here is saying they will bail out Chrysler LLC (Chrysler Canada)as plan A, even if Chrysler USA goes into Chapter 11.

Nicola

Guys, I was only kidding :)

I think that USD/CAD was exited a little early since the stop (if put above the pin) was 173 pips without spread so a yield of 200 makes it only just over a 1:1. I also think that this might go lower.

Still - good trades and I hope no one thinks I am being an ar*ehole (not too much anyway)

Just making sure no one gets complacent as we all know what happens to our accounts when that happens ;)

No problem. I didn't think you were being too serious/headmasterish (not sure you'll find that one in the Oxford English?), but I expect that for the more experienced traders, 400 may be quite low. And I think that the price has gone lower so it would have been more profitable to stay in.

It would appear that the exit is the true art of trading. The S, R, Pivots, TL and Price action can tell you when to get in, but I'm not sure they provide as clear an answer on getting out.

As I said, I'm still new to this, but I really believe the real money is to be made in time travel or real clarevoyancy!;)

Webinvester

Gbpusd

The 1hr gbpusd chart is shown below. The coloured zones mark the previous near term imbalances of supply/demand and demand/supply, with some fibs and trend lines on the chart too.

1hr is an uptrend although off the Friday high of 4771 area finding resistance there at the previous swing lo/hi area, it currently rests just off the 61.8% of Friday's up move 4573-4771. The acscending 1hr trend line has been tested (and held) once so far, and this may well be a rising channel although channel top not drawn here.

To the upside the 5014-66 area is a 4hr previous swing hi zone, the 1hr zone being probably only 5034-66, a previous swing hi-minor swing lo-swing hi zone at 4839-48, and below that a previous swing lo/hi zone at 4837-48. The 61.8% of the 5066-4396 drop is at 4808, with the 76.4% at 4907.

To the downside 2 x previous swing hi/lo zones and a previous swing lo zone that is co-existent on the 4hr chart too. The 4573-93 previous swing hi/lo zone also houses the 50% fib of the 4396-4771 rise.

G/L for forthcoming week.

n560iq.gif

Last edited:
Eurusd

Anyone short USD and long EUR deserves a rep from me.
I'm more convinced now than ever that we will not see parity! :p

Hey FW
Not challenging you but I'm wondering what your reasons are ... Is it fundamentals or what you see on the chart?
I often look and wonder if EURUSD is a big bull flag and USDCHF a big bear flag. I suppose it will only be confirmed if they break.

Nic
Maybe it is your crystal balls ...

Attachments

• eurusd d nic.gif
    eurusd d nic.gif
    28 KB · Views: 226
  • usdchf d nic.gif
    usdchf d nic.gif
    26.6 KB · Views: 228
Gbp/jpy

This is the plan to trade GBP/JPY Monday.. Just support and resistance, as always.. This week I`ll try to be strong and hold my winners long enough to make decent pips..!

No brainer, small stop loss and high R:R.

141.00 is the line in the sand, very strong support at this level, price has tried to break down three times so far, its getting weak.

Plan A is to anticipate a break down at this level, selling at the possible resistance at 143.50 and holding for the break out.

Plan B is just the opposite, but here I cannot anticipate the break out, the stop loss would have to be large which does not is my strategy, so if the price breaks up I will wait for a retracement to go long around 143.50 holding to 146.00 as you can see on the chart.

Attachments

• GBPJPY 25042009.jpg
    GBPJPY 25042009.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 186
Brent Crude 4hr

Can't find anything I really like on the daily charts ..
Here is Brent Crude 4hr, straight into quite a strong level at 51 tho

Attachments

• brent 4hr nic.gif
    brent 4hr nic.gif
    25.9 KB · Views: 187
Evening chaps and chapess's.

USD/CAD....on the weekly it looks as if there is double confluence.

1. Touching the 23.6% line (retracing from the recent peak to the lows of last year)
2. Touching the lower boundary of the upward sloping trendline.

Thoughts? It looks like an interesting setup.

This is the plan to trade GBP/JPY Monday.. Just support and resistance, as always.. This week I`ll try to be strong and hold my winners long enough to make decent pips..!

No brainer, small stop loss and high R:R.

141.00 is the line in the sand, very strong support at this level, price has tried to break down three times so far, its getting weak.

Plan A is to anticipate a break down at this level, selling at the possible resistance at 143.50 and holding for the break out.

Plan B is just the opposite, but here I cannot anticipate the break out, the stop loss would have to be large which does not is my strategy, so if the price breaks up I will wait for a retracement to go long around 143.50 holding to 146.00 as you can see on the chart.

COT reports seem to favour your plan A.
I hope so, target 1.36!!

im calling a bull market in stocks..you heard it here first! looking for 9,000 soon

You are a week late! This is my post on 17th.

Actually, lot more than a week late. Here's what I posted on March 6:

My long term long position started today at 6560 DOW.
We'll talk again around summertime :)

(http://www.trade2win.com/boards/685572-post3988.html)

And when the majority here were calling for DOW 5000, even 4000, I said DOW 9500 as a potential target before summer. Of course no one believed me then (except for Paul71 who bought too :))

Not trying to put myself in the spotlight, just being the contrary pain in the ass... as always.

I dont know why but I fell even more bearish when I see this kind of bull euphoria.. :rolleyes:

Maybe is just because i like to be contrary...

its not bull euphoria, ive been very bearish a long time and this is the first time ive even entertained the idea we are going higher

Status
Not open for further replies.