Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, the wonders of s/r pivots. That call is so far up 240+ pips...the money that is there for the taking is ridiculous...

I KNOW THIS IS NOT THE CORRECT ATTITUDE but I hope you guys realise that you could crack even the only half decent looking setups and still come out way ahead of others in the game. As long as you are taking at least 2:1 on your R:R you will make money - even if you are right as little as 40% of the time.

So, if you are taking 2:1 or higher and being picky with your trades which will push your hit rate up to the 80-90% level then there is no excuse not to be absolutely cleaning up.

I didn't make any money today because I was out the office all day but when I look at the Dax and Crude (3 setups today offering 425 ticks (at the extremes) for 143 ticks risk) I am gobsmacked that people are even writing about sh*t systems that are for sale.

Yes, the above paragraph is all hindsight - could have, would have, should have - but is is true nonetheless?

I didn't cherry pick a thing.

You guys know the setups. Get on it. :)

Cable hourly looks like a nice 'setup'

GBPJPY too if it breaks this hourly ascending trendline.
And if cable and USDJPY finally decide to move the same direction

Hi Nic,
I'm not mad for gbpyen. Dly hammer poss trapped under main MAs, 2 Fib levels and acsending TL from daily trend. Wkly and monthly are still in a downtrend imo.
Still, for the more risk adverse it could be one to take - I'm sitting it out as I'm not that convinced that usdyen looks that bullish yet. I will wait for the 1-2-3 and get in on any re-test should it pan out as such!
Good trading

Hi Nic,
I'm not mad for gbpyen. Dly hammer poss trapped under main MAs, 2 Fib levels and acsending TL from daily trend. Wkly and monthly are still in a downtrend imo.
Still, for the more risk adverse it could be one to take - I'm sitting it out as I'm not that convinced that usdyen looks that bullish yet. I will wait for the 1-2-3 and get in on any re-test should it pan out as such!
Good trading

Sorry Matey, I should have said I like it short ...

Forgot to say tonight is JPY holiday so not going to tempt me.

Last edited:
gbpusd

May be a channel developing in 1hr gbpusd. Play the b/o on a thrust candle, - or - the re-test in direction of channel break in a pullback from the underside- lower channel as potential resistance or pullback from the topside -upper channel as potential support - Pinbar, engulfing or inside bar might be a good trigger in these circumstances. See how it develops

2aadif8.gif

Gbpusd

Maybe the doji candle was the break-pullback-re-test of the lower daily channel? Also a steeper one on 4hr it could be argued.

waoheo.gif

Ah, the wonders of s/r pivots. That call is so far up 240+ pips...the money that is there for the taking is ridiculous...

I KNOW THIS IS NOT THE CORRECT ATTITUDE but I hope you guys realise that you could crack even the only half decent looking setups and still come out way ahead of others in the game. As long as you are taking at least 2:1 on your R:R you will make money - even if you are right as little as 40% of the time.

So, if you are taking 2:1 or higher and being picky with your trades which will push your hit rate up to the 80-90% level then there is no excuse not to be absolutely cleaning up.

I didn't make any money today because I was out the office all day but when I look at the Dax and Crude (3 setups today offering 425 ticks (at the extremes) for 143 ticks risk) I am gobsmacked that people are even writing about sh*t systems that are for sale.

Yes, the above paragraph is all hindsight - could have, would have, should have - but is is true nonetheless?

wtf... can,t rep you dude so this ones for ya :clap:

Stopped out over night at 2:15 on EURGBP for 86 pips. It blasted through S/R at 0.8914, may come back to test and head north again but then again it could be pulling back to th other 38% fib which was has confluence with a previous fib. Difficult one to call at present, if going south could only be 40 pips or so so may just watch it and see what tranpires but may be atwo bar high with higher close forming which would be a valid setup to go north.

Attachments

• EURGBP.gif
    EURGBP.gif
    28 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Gold has a huge spike down. I've been looking to go long since last week. But this kind of spike is usually followed by more selling.. better wait and see if it breaks the high of the bar. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 090428 gold pin.jpg
    090428 gold pin.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 151
Gold has a huge spike down. I've been looking to go long since last week. But this kind of spike is usually followed by more selling.. better wait and see if it breaks the high of the bar. Any thoughts?

I think your spike is specific to the mini gold future, not necessarily representative of the $ value of Gold - I can see it on YGM9, but its not on ZGM9.

I only trade dailies live at the moment but am demo'ing intraday.

Yesterday in my demo account I took 100 points out of the Dax, with another trade up 80points at the moment and still open. Both trades were 1hr pinbars off weekly levels that I had previously marked on my charts. I also took the 1hr GBPAUD BEOB off the weekly level which is currently up +390 pips in a day.

i know demo isnt real, but I am treating the account with the same respect i give my live account so these trades are not hindsight for me, they were all there in real time.

cheers for the thread Dante, it has made a huge impact on my trading

I think your spike is specific to the mini gold future, not necessarily representative of the $ value of Gold - I can see it on YGM9, but its not on ZGM9.

thanks.. :) ZG low of the day is only 894.90. When I checked with SB quote and they have the same spike. It must be stop hunting before a big push?

thanks.. :) ZG low of the day is only 894.90. When I checked with SB quote and they have the same spike. It must be stop hunting before a big push?

I was short gold yesterday and had an initial target of 890.50 last night (ODL) and the spike closed my trade. So far no one wants their money back ...

No flames abt the target plse Dante

is this a valid pin-bar?
There appears to be a double-top(ish), but the pin is above it.
so, dont know if its a rejection of the high, or just preparing for a move higher, on the support caused by being above the double-top!
(I am not trading this, as I cant make head-nor-tail or pins.)
EDIT: current bar may be forming an IB as well.

Attachments

• daxpin-apr28a.jpg
    daxpin-apr28a.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 195
is this a valid pin-bar?
There appears to be a double-top(ish), but the pin is above it.
so, dont know if its a rejection of the high, or just preparing for a move higher, on the support caused by being above the double-top!
(I am not trading this, as I cant make head-nor-tail or pins.)
EDIT: current bar may be forming an IB as well.
Check out the rolling daily about 5 hours ago, looks valid enough to me.

Attachments

• img_12409049331273.gif
    img_12409049331273.gif
    23.3 KB · Views: 171
Gbpusd

The 1hr gbpusd chart is below. Price has found support at the previous 1hr swing hi/lo x 2 zone 4521-05 (that co-exists with a minor 4hr previous swing lo zone,) after the early fall, the recovery so far halted at the 23.6% fib of the 4691-4513 fall.

G/L

2z3rr7n.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.