Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
And when the majority here were calling for DOW 5000, even 4000, I said DOW 9500 as a potential target before summer. Of course no one believed me then (except for Paul71 who bought too :))

Yeah, that was a good call. I actually thought it was going a lot lower.

My closing prices were:

50% of total position at 6840 (+1,161 ticks from entry)
25% of total position at 6858 (1,460 and 1,268 ticks from entry)
25% of total position at 6907 (+820 ticks from entry)

Attachments

• av.27 apr.gif
    av.27 apr.gif
    17.8 KB · Views: 160
Yeah, that was a good call. I actually thought it was going a lot lower.

My closing prices were:

50% of total position at 6840 (+1,161 ticks from entry)
25% of total position at 6858 (1,460 and 1,268 ticks from entry)
25% of total position at 6907 (+820 ticks from entry)

Excellent TD. Can't rep you anymore. :-0

Gbpusd 1hr

Per post #6057, cable has sold past friday's low of 4573 finding support in the previous 1hr swing hi/lo zone 4504-21, see-ing a 60pip bounce up to the previous swing lo=previous suupport=potential sbr with the 23.6% fib of the 4772-today's current lows @ 4510 move, where it is currentlty finding resistance.

21cdqx3.gif

Interesting market action in dow and s&p
Both being sold when they near 8000 and 860 respectively.......
I have no view, just check it out for yourselves

GBPCAD 55 points from 17600 and ultimately 17558. GBPJPY hitting off the underside of previous uptrend. Euro hit off that 50%. Argh.

Gbpjpy

Not closing time yet but theres a pin forming on the daily GBP/JPY.
At a swing low.
Poss retrace to 23 fib.
Beware the break of trend line may give resistance.

Attachments

• gbpjpy.gif
    gbpjpy.gif
    19.1 KB · Views: 144
eur/gbp

1 hr pin on eur gbp (although its not the best looking pin-the body isnt quite contained within the body of the previous pin)

it is hitting a fib level from around April 15 though.

1 hr pin on eur gbp (although its not the best looking pin-the body isnt quite contained within the body of the previous pin)

it is hitting a fib level from around April 15 though.
Shifted the stop on my short from the IB at midday to just above this. Another IB forming after the pin. Given the trend for the day is down this may take the pin out.

I'm looking at this one at the moment but am slightly lacking in conviction to trade it as the pin hasn't made it to the pivot. Not sure if I'm just being too cautious but it just doesn't look perfect enough....

Anyone have a view on it?

View attachment 54532

View attachment 54534

Ah, the wonders of s/r pivots. That call is so far up 240+ pips...the money that is there for the taking is ridiculous...

I KNOW THIS IS NOT THE CORRECT ATTITUDE but I hope you guys realise that you could crack even the only half decent looking setups and still come out way ahead of others in the game. As long as you are taking at least 2:1 on your R:R you will make money - even if you are right as little as 40% of the time.

So, if you are taking 2:1 or higher and being picky with your trades which will push your hit rate up to the 80-90% level then there is no excuse not to be absolutely cleaning up.

I didn't make any money today because I was out the office all day but when I look at the Dax and Crude (3 setups today offering 425 ticks (at the extremes) for 143 ticks risk) I am gobsmacked that people are even writing about sh*t systems that are for sale.

Yes, the above paragraph is all hindsight - could have, would have, should have - but is is true nonetheless?

I didn't cherry pick a thing.

You guys know the setups. Get on it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.