Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gbpusd

Looking quite interesting. IB forming in a triangle with the outside bar having found support at a previous resistance level. Fib confluence from the 2 previous swing lows to the recent high.

090424 - H1.jpg

Update at 11am - no longer an inside bar - have to wait and see what this candle produces....

Last edited:
ucasspa,im still in xstrata just sticking to my plan.if i was in shire i would have took half off at that resistance,hope that helps

Hi Stu,
I was in Xstrata for ages then that rights issue things sold me out? My ISA was just credited with the sale proceeds, so I have missed these good moves up? Oh well, should check the messages more often!
Still in Goldshield Corp from the 20/50 MA cross - been a nice earner that one. It traded around the bunched MAs for weeks then broke out.

Been in USDCAD short for ages and GBPYEN too - so far so good this week - dailys are the way fwd imho!!
Grim

YG looks like a double bottom and trying to break above resistance line. Break out, pull back, SR switch and then a potential long towards the descending trend line above? Haven't done much on daily so correct me if I am wrong.

Yg up by $20.

FTSE bang on my Downtrend line drawn on the Daily from the highs at 6000. surely it can't be breaking the downtrend already

Hi Stu,
I was in Xstrata for ages then that rights issue things sold me out? My ISA was just credited with the sale proceeds, so I have missed these good moves up? Oh well, should check the messages more often!
Still in Goldshield Corp from the 20/50 MA cross - been a nice earner that one. It traded around the bunched MAs for weeks then broke out.

Been in USDCAD short for ages and GBPYEN too - so far so good this week - dailys are the way fwd imho!!
Grim

hi dan,took a long this am in AV. rising channel,false break and back in channel,broke down trend on 1hr and res becomes support.spk later

Attachments

• av. 24 apr(1).gif
    av. 24 apr(1).gif
    20.8 KB · Views: 208
  • av. 24 apr(2).gif
    av. 24 apr(2).gif
    20.1 KB · Views: 184
Gbpusd

Some nice plays in cable this morning on the lower time frames. The current near term previous recent imbalances of supply over demand/demand over supply on the 1hr are shown in the 1hr screenshot below. Currently the pairing is finding some support from/at the extremes of the previous highs=previous resistance=potential sbr, around 4575/80. The 50% of the move up 4396-4741 is just below that zone.

35bfodf.gif

Usdnok

Dollar might be strengthening.
Nice 4hr pin on USDNOK off a double bottom.

Update ... Obviously dollar is not doing any such thing now. Shame, such a pretty candle.

Last edited:
gbpusd

Strong move off that potential RBS area shown on post #6022 above, nice price action signals on 1 5 and 15min. Price currently testing the previous 1hr swing highs (yesterday's high zone) on the hourly. I would be looking to get long again at zone A (if a set-up develops) or short again at zone B (if a set-up develops)..If not so be it.

16i9w6w.gif

gbpusd

Strong move up on gbpusd taking out yesterdays Hi (update to post 6024: price found resistance in that zone B selling down4762-22 before finding support at the zone around y/day's previous swing highs.) Currently price is finding some resistance again at the top of the previous swing lows=previous support=potential sbr zone (zone B on post 6024.) The 61.8% of 5066-4396 fall is at 4808

Last edited:
gbpusd

You can see from the 1hr screenshot how gbpusd found resistance at the top of that zone A (the previous swing lo=prev supp=potential sbr) after intial resistance mid zone 4762 selling down to 4722 before the recovery to the current high within zone B from y/day's highs at what I have labelled zone C. Price is in that zone C again now as I write this, but with Reversal set-ups to 15min and some bearish divergence on 1hr (not 30min) I think a deeper pullback is in order (in fact yes , as I type this it has sold past zone C so now removing the zone as it clearly holds no new buy orders.)

2qd3cow.gif

Last edited:
So who is still in USDCAD (double daily pin short) ?

My 1st profit take was at 12200ish
My 2nd profit target is 12000ish

How's everyone else playing this?

1 short on break of daily pin, scaled out 1/2 for risk free trade. Remaining 1/2 aiming to let it ride to try and catch a BIG swing down (I am crap at catching swings)

1 aggressive short on Wed 1hr BEOB. Scaled out 1/2, remaining 1/2 trailing the hourly lower highs.

See what happens. Have a great weekend all.

Still in, but will prolly close this afternoon because Im wondering about the effect of a possible Chrysler bankruptcy announcement on the CAD. They make a lot of Chryslers here.
I would not take my advice tho

Anyone else out there lurking around that wants to tell us what trades they are proud of?
Any lessons learnt? Any trading methods proving successful?
It's friday afternoon........ zzzzzzzzzzz
Anything to keep me roused.

Status
Not open for further replies.