Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at a long in crude this week, rallied off the lows ran into daily 50ma has pulled back to 61.8% retracement at 40$. might have a little nibble on any strength monday/tuesday..target 127% extension of the recent highs, 52$.

have other reasons for this trade aswell but that would give away to much ;) just a little heads up

re post above #2569

re post above #2569...see screenshot re this morning's gbpusd price action.
11lq4j6.gif

ES March09

Friday was a double-distribution day in the e-mini S&P.

I'm looking to short a strong rally into the bottom of the first distribution / confluent with the round number 900.00.

Protection is afforded by the downward sloping resistance line on the daily.

Currently, the overnight session is averaging around Friday's lows.

Attachments

• Double.jpg
    Double.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 165
  • ES.Daily.jpg
    ES.Daily.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Gbpusd

Current 1hr chart, you can see where support is being found as I write this, the area a possible sbr area on any with trend break down to new lows and pullback...the areas above that also potential sbr areas in any pullback from current levels.

Look for the confluence of other potential supp/res/sbr/rbs factors with these previous obvious price swing hi/lo's for the highest probability areas. Ie: Fibs from 5371 Hi swing and subsequent swings in this downtrend, T/lines and Previous bids/offers.

9tnzo9.gif

G/L

Gold

Anyone noticed this...
Gold is getting closer to its 365 day EMA (daily charts). When it hits the EMA, it seems to bounce right off it. Keeping my eye on it.

Interesting point on the gold. I was looking at a potential break to the downside...

awdftv.png

but having changed my EMA to the 365 you mention and altered the trend lines slightly, maybe we're just at the swing low of an up trend?

25s22dg.png

Last edited:
Eur/gbp

What do people think of the EUR/GBP?

People were saying that they would reach parity and then after a long period of the euro rising agaist the pound, it fell again at the end of December.

After falling to 61.8 fib its now started rising again and has broken through the 50 fib.

Baring in mind that there were bad news reports today on the state of the UK economy, do people think that the EUR will continue to rise against the pound?

pound.gif

What do people think of the EUR/GBP?

People were saying that they would reach parity and then after a long period of the euro rising agaist the pound, it fell again at the end of December.

After falling to 61.8 fib its now started rising again and has broken through the 50 fib.

Baring in mind that there were bad news reports today on the state of the UK economy, do people think that the EUR will continue to rise against the pound?

pound.gif

The reason it came off is no doubt, at least in part, due to the fact that everyone thought it would reach parity :)

The IB at the 61 should have got you in so it's just a case of seeing where it goes.

If you are not already in, I wouldn't enter now until the next setup occurs.

i was in on friday with a 10 tik stop :smart: looking to add more to poisition after 38.2 :D okay now time to get back to that nap :) i need to stop watching it move all night rubbing my hands with joy :p

Attachments

• eurogb10.gif
    eurogb10.gif
    32.3 KB · Views: 186
Interesting point on the gold. I was looking at a potential break to the downside...

(see above for chart)

but having changed my EMA to the 365 you mention and altered the trend lines slightly, maybe we're just at the swing low of an up trend?

(ditto)

lol - the ambiguity of trading!

How's this for a level?

GJ key level

Attachments

• Spot FX GBP_JPY monthly.png
    Spot FX GBP_JPY monthly.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 177
  • Spot FX GBP_JPY hourly.png
    Spot FX GBP_JPY hourly.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 178
hmmm.. its bounced off the EMA (daily chart) and formed an inside bar. I will look to see tomorrow if it breaks to the upside or downside

i bet it will be to the downside. Although im looking at gold futures, don't have the spot gold chart. Assuming its similar. It's coming down based on the weekly chart.

Not sure if this is an appropriate post for this thread

But I am seeing an excellent long entry on the daily Aud/jpy as per the T_D rationale. if someone tells me how to post my Oanda chart i will gladly.

But I am seeing an excellent long entry on the daily Aud/jpy as per the T_D rationale. if someone tells me how to post my Oanda chart i will gladly.

Hey ramrob,

You can save your chart by pressing PRTSC (print screen) on your keyboard and then open a copy of Paint (if you use Windows) and cut and paste it in there. You can crop just the part that has the chart to save including your desktop etc if you know how to do that.

Then go to "Reply" - not "Quick Reply" and then write your message. To upload the file from your desktop click on "Go Advanced" and then it should be fairly intuitive.

ok hopes this works. i removed my clusterf*** of trendlines but there's significant confluence as they say where i circle the nice pin bar on the daily.

thoughts?

i need to get one of those auto-signatures huh?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 170
Gbp/usd

Nice price action set-up off daily level with some fib confluence and major trend could make this interesting. This combined with the story today that the government is guaranteeing billions in loans gives weight to the set-up in my opinion. We shall see...

Attachments

• Spot FX GBP_USD (13-JAN-09).png
    Spot FX GBP_USD (13-JAN-09).png
    51.2 KB · Views: 180
Status
Not open for further replies.