Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cable is going to nail it higher in the next few days.

I was long since the open yesterday but got taken out for b/e, unfortunately it had to go down to go up, as is often the way, great move up though. This is an overdue relief rally in my opinion, however let's not get too bullish, fundamentally the picture is still much the same.

I was long since the open yesterday but got taken out for b/e, unfortunately it had to go down to go up, as is often the way, great move up though. This is an overdue relief rally in my opinion, however let's not get too bullish, fundamentally the picture is still much the same.

The price will change its trend long before the fundamentals do.

The price will change its trend long before the fundamentals do.

I agree completely, however i still believe it's a bit early to be talking about the sterling bear market to have run it's course. I do think that we might see a significant bounce though.

Well let's just say that all these sins i keep apparently committing have done me pretty well for the last 4 years ;-). Maybe i have more in common with the devil than i think...

GBP/USD Long Trade

Cable is going to nail it higher in the next few days.

Yesterday (Jan 6 2009) at 16:45 Trader Dante Calls a LONG on CABLE,

his comment is short but its in BOLD as if screming at you..... get LONG this thing now.

At the time of the call the GBP/USD is 1.4900 (red dot and A in attached chart)

The time in London is now 16:50 and the price is 1.5210

• For those who missed it, next time a call is posted ask the poster to clarify i.e (where do i place my STOP or where is the entry etc)...

Attachments

• GBPUSD Jan 7 2009.JPG
    GBPUSD Jan 7 2009.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 164
To be honest i don't think just because someone says their market view, regardless of who they are, newbies should follow that call. There are hundreds of calls made on this forum and forums alike by experienced traders everyday, however if the newbie doesn't know why he is buying or selling he should not be in the market.

If you can afford to lose the amount, you use a stop(!) and you're just in it for a quick buck then fair enough, but it's not the way if you want to make a long term career out of this business. That's just my thoughts on it.

no but its a good way to start :D seeing how the professionals do it (y) and learning from them:smart:

Hey Rolls and Dilesh, thanks guys! :)

The Cable formed a 1hr pin right off the 61 fib from the swing low to high and also had a good rally off an ascending TL, albeit after puncturing it briefly (see chart 1). The daily setup was already screaming to get long, to me at least, but this setup really showed the perfect TIME to enter it.

For those that missed it there was the flag break on the hourly today which made another great entry or addition to existing longs on the break.

The daily chart is coming into a supply line (chart 2). It will be interesting to see what happens here. This looks like it could continue to move violently to the upside but if you're not already in, I would wait to see what happens here.

There was a nice setup on USD/JPY earlier too. (chart 3) Multiple IB' are always good for a sharp move. This had the added benefit of having a support level beneath it which, if broken, should see further downwards momentum.

Hope you all had a good day. I was very ill last night so was in bed for most of this morning and then lost my net connection right up until now so I've been out of the fray...

Attachments

• gbp.gif
    gbp.gif
    19.7 KB · Views: 254
  • gbp2.gif
    gbp2.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 213
  • jpy.gif
    jpy.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
lying in bed ill .... and still raking it in :D JRP thats why some peoples views are more prized then others :p

(td wouldnt let me give you any more reps thats why you get this post :D get well soon (y))

was a good call on cable dante!
Had some fun on the myself recently. 150 pips the other day and managed to short nearly the high tick today for 70 odd points profit. I dont think its got much more to go in this move though....

Attachments

• cable.JPG
    cable.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 179
was a good call on cable dante!
Had some fun on the myself recently. 150 pips the other day and managed to short nearly the high tick today for 70 odd points profit. I dont think its got much more to go in this move though....

Well done candles, hope you're thinking about upping your size this year.

GBP/AUD is on my radar at the moment. Very clearly defined descending TL on the daily. It's rare that you see them this good :)

Double bottom on the weekly, too.

I am looking for longs only.

Attachments

• gbp_aud.gif
    gbp_aud.gif
    19.5 KB · Views: 212
  • gbp_aud1.gif
    gbp_aud1.gif
    21.1 KB · Views: 209
I havent posted in ages........ hello all the old boys, if you're still following.

Check the chart.

Attachments

• shire.gif
    shire.gif
    30.3 KB · Views: 213
Shire Pharma Group Pinn off Double Top image

I havent posted in ages........ hello all the old boys, if you're still following.

Check the chart.

nice, here is a closer view

Attachments

• Shire Pharma Group.JPG
    Shire Pharma Group.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 172
Status
Not open for further replies.