Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cable looks good - 1hr pin off huge level but I probably won't take it. Looks too clean.

Instead I'm going to add some more to the Eur/GBP if this hourly IB breaks to the upside.

GBP/JPY hourly could be a good short entry into a play for a break of the significant daily TL and S/R pivot.

so dante you short gbp and long euro andi am short chf and long gbp so why not short chf and long euro lol:idea:

two brains better than one lol

Cable looks good - 1hr pin off huge level but I probably won't take it. Looks too clean.

Instead I'm going to add some more to the Eur/GBP if this hourly IB breaks to the upside.

GBP/JPY hourly could be a good short entry into a play for a break of the significant daily TL and S/R pivot.

Can I ask you how you determine which direction you take an IB and where you would place your stop? Want to start to demo IBs, and am just a bit confused about how to determine direction.

Cheers,

Chris

Can I ask you how you determine which direction you take an IB and where you would place your stop? Want to start to demo IBs, and am just a bit confused about how to determine direction.

Cheers,

Chris

I take an IB away from support or resistance. So if an IB forms at a resistance level, I play it short. If it forms at a support, I go long.

Lets say the IB forms at support. If the lows of the IB are near support then put your stop below the IB. That will suffice. If the IB forms near the top of the previous candle so that its lows are a good distance above the support, put your stop below the previous candle. This is safer and means that you are less likely to get stopped out if the IB fails but the support holds.

Do the opposite for shorts.

I don't have time for a chart example.

Got lots of orders working.

I havent read the whole of this thread, so it has probably been mentioned before, but I'm eyeing eurgbp right now to see if it can break out of this range. South through 0.8870 looks interesting (note I don't try and take a break as a given the second it gets it's nose through - give it a little room).

Yesterday was a bit of a nothing day (somewhat surprisingly imho) and the Glaxo M+A news was more important than tech levels really. That's still something to bear in mind.

Right so we have Omni short, Trader_Dante long and GammerJammer on the fence ...
I hate EURGBP! Good luck to all of you.

earlier in the day i placed a limit short on eurgbp too. then i took it off. then i put the short on again. Then i took it off. Put it back again and finally took it off.
i couldnt decide so i might as well forget about it.

Right so we have Omni short, Trader_Dante long and GammerJammer on the fence ...
I hate EURGBP! Good luck to all of you.

After much consideration -and for what it's worth - I reckon it'll go up.....but then again.. possibly down....maybe..

I think I'll get back on my tractor, it'll be cheaper....

hey fellow traders,

have been trading the UK session (did you know it has more volume than the Asian & US sessions making up around 34% of the total market share of the forex markets?).
Free Trading Report

anyway, I follow this guy called Dominic17 on twitter who actually told me about forums and where best to source quality info etc as that's what he spends his time doing - sourcing quality data & trading forex, then he shares his findings with anyone who's interested in improving their trading.

have a good trade everyone, currently +66pips going into the US session, that will no doubt chop me up (-;

Alex

I havent read the whole of this thread, so it has probably been mentioned before, but I'm eyeing eurgbp right now to see if it can break out of this range. South through 0.8870 looks interesting (note I don't try and take a break as a given the second it gets it's nose through - give it a little room).

Yesterday was a bit of a nothing day (somewhat surprisingly imho) and the Glaxo M+A news was more important than tech levels really. That's still something to bear in mind.

Don't you think the Budget tomorrow will set the tone for where to go from here, with the potential for a large bond issuance putting the pressure on Sterling, and giving EURGBP some downside protection - at least until the ECB in May?

Added to that the GBP has been closely correlated with risk appetite recently, and that seems to have turned on a sixpence....???

Status
Not open for further replies.