Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gbpusd

Cable supported overnight and early London session at the 3 fib cluster mentioned y/day 4464-76, being 50% 3858-5066, 61.8% 4106-5066 and 38.25 3505-5066...this after finding resistance in the previous 1hr and 4hr swing lo zone 4579-4622 area=previous support=potential sbr zone in which 4 x fibs reside of the various swings down from 5066.

G/L

As it happened, they have rallied up and I am now on the sidelines looking for an entry. I didn't take the 7pm pin as volume is so low that I've found the setups become largely meaningless after about 6pm (unless something major happens in one of the correlated markets (e.g. 10 year note or S&P) and also I don't want to risk an overnight gap with the chances of it moving significantly into profit before the close somewhat slim. Finally, I feel equities have much more downside.

Cheers Tom, as it turns out you were absolutely right, again :)
Got taken out this morning, so I'm glad it was only 13 pips + spread, must remember to keep the volume in mind. Nevertheless, I'm starting to like the Bunds, and will certainly be watching them more.

Last edited:
morning guys and gals
not sure what is in store for today but one trade i do still like is short eurgbp. check it out, levels, fibs... all that kind of juicy stuff.

Dow CASH

All, yesterday was interesting and due to my overdoing it at the weekend manged to miss the action being tired, reluctance to catch a falling knife, twitchy trigger finger and inexperience I missed it.

My view (if its worth anything) is we should get another chance to get in this fall and it could continue through to the early 7300's before we take out the lows.

I've charted this in so many ways but decide to take all the lines off and keep it simple. The two charts below show 4h, recent rise, and 1h yesterdays fall. Taking simple fib 50% retracement of the rise on 4h we see 7329.5 as a target, lots of noise around that area.

To get in I am looking for a lower high on the 1h, lower low is already in. Looking at the 1h depending where you put the fib lines for the start of the fall I think the confluence around the 8000 level also being the round number and previous support and resistance of around 7995 it could be a good level to short if we get there, 7975 looks a little more convincing though.

But hey what do I know, good trading all.

Attachments

• Dow4h.gif
    Dow4h.gif
    27 KB · Views: 139
  • Dow1h.gif
    Dow1h.gif
    28.9 KB · Views: 145
morning guys and gals
not sure what is in store for today but one trade i do still like is short eurgbp. check it out, levels, fibs... all that kind of juicy stuff.

I'm long Eur/Gbp

Looking for a good move up today

2Tall, I'm back short Bunds at 123.12. Stop at 123.30 (for now).

Sorry, called that a bit after the event. Nice hourly IB at a s/r pivot though. (any excuse to get short this train)

Bund

Bunds have bounced off 123.3, but I'm not sure about an entry here or where to place stops. Think this is due to plummet though.

Attachments

• Bund.GIF
    Bund.GIF
    39.2 KB · Views: 129
Bunds have bounced off 123.3, but I'm not sure about an entry here or where to place stops. Think this is due to plummet though.

Whatever you do, don't just pile in.

The real move is going to start when we break 121.60 in my opinion so the aim is to try and get a good short entry BEFORE that. That's already a point from where we are and we have already come off some so it may not even get that far down today.

Just wait for the market to act right and then pick off your entry like a skilled marksman.

But remember that you have a dangerous enemy here. You have a market that is moving very fast AWAY from you. This makes you think that unles you fire NOW you are going to miss hitting him.

If you find yourself thinking like that and wanting to drop to a lower TF to catch it, or just getting in with a wider stop etc, LEAVE YOUR SCREEN and GO FOR A WALK.

Trust me. At some point, the Bunds are going to give you an entry that will be high probability and at a point where you can go into profit almost immmediately without needing to worry about sitting through a big retracement.

Just wait for him to line up. At some point, there will be a sign. The enemy will do something that gives himself away.

Then pull the trigger.

Until then, just sit on your hands.

2Tall, I'm back short Bunds at 123.12. Stop at 123.30 (for now).

Sorry, called that a bit after the event. Nice hourly IB at a s/r pivot though. (any excuse to get short this train)

Nice one Tom, looks like I must look into these IBs a bit. I'll keep an eye on it to see if I can get a later entry. this could be one hell of a ride :cheesy:

Status
Not open for further replies.