Post editing lag and timestamps

• Thread starter Liquid validity
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3
L

Liquid validity

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/psy...2-ft71-video-pretty-brutal-8.html#post1945188

Is this ever going to be fixed?
As it stands, its is facilitating bogus 'calls' by those who choose to abuse
this weakness.
I'm not suggesting everyone does, far from it, certainly not any long term poster.

I'm talking about this kind of situation:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/dis...xpert-retail-forex-trader-14.html#post2215364

A function that timestamps a post as edited that only kicks in
5 mins after initial post seems bizarre.
I've long been aware of it, for a trading site where live calls are common,
its even more bizarre that T2W is the only site I've come across that does this.

This is not a snipe or needless criticism.
Its constructive criticism, something really needs to be done.

Or has editing for certain sub forums already been disabled, cause I can't edit here?

Yeah, but how do we know you really edited it then? You could be in cahoots with forexmoresimian and pboyles and ready to market the BeatTheTimestamp forex system.

Hmm, it seems that some posts on some threads can be edited and others cannot. Either way on those that can be edited it will be obvious when the last edit took place.

Hmm, it seems that some posts on some threads can be edited and others cannot. Either way on those that can be edited it will be obvious when the last edit took place.

Confirmed, that is the case with my posts.

I'll be talking to Paul Gould tomorrow - i'll either get an explanation or a fix. More tomorrow.

I'll be talking to Paul Gould tomorrow - i'll either get an explanation or a fix. More tomorrow.
It looks like Trader333 has fixed it.
All edits showing instantaneously with timestamp now :)
5 min lag has gone.

Well, seems like this issue has been resolved, so I'll just mention that the 5m lag is standard across vBulletin. It's a default setting for the software.

But yes, I agree no lag is the way to go for this forum. Thanks for bringing this up, LV.