Please ban me for a bit

For the record - and for the benefit of other subscribers - the quote provided by the hare in his earlier post is taken out of context and, as such, is totally misleading.
Tim.

It certainly is not taken out of context, and anyone reading the thread can clearly see that the case.

Time will tell if Mr Aribians request is actioned, but my advice to hime would be "dont hold your breath"

Dunno - I just think if there's stuff on here that for instance, might hurt Arabians future Job prospects (say for example he wants to join the police). Then I think that'll probably be met with a positive response if the posts are related to 'recreational activities' as opposed to trading...

It certainly is not taken out of context, and anyone reading the thread can clearly see that the case."
I expect it's just me, but I confess I'm at a loss as to how one sentence quoted from one post from another thread can be anything other than 'out of context'. Be that as it may, if any member wishes to check the original thread - and please be my guest - and happens to agree with you, I'll happily answer any questions put to me.

Time will tell if Mr Aribians request is actioned, but my advice to hime would be "dont hold your breath"
Oh goody goody gumdrops - at least we agree on something!
:cheesy:

Last edited:
say for example he wants to join the police...

This remind me of Spanish-69's hillarious application to join her majestys constabulary and his wasted efforts to remove posts in which he admitted to a wide variety of misdemeanours which included benefit fraud, a various of ebay frauds, and sex with one or more minors, and if memory serves me correctly, possibly even male prostitution.

There's a couple of UK police forums with extremely lulzy threads in which Spanish attempts to pursuade various police officers that its a case of identity theft, and that T2W are actively trying to stitch him up.

If memory serves me correctly T2W certainly did not remove those posts, furthermore, T2W members where proactively emailing the force and providing them with links to these posts.

Dont get me wrong, Spanish 69 was probably not an appropriate candidate for the police force (or perhaps he was given the way the UK police authoraties conduct themselves these days), but thats a perfect example of how someones prospects where damaged, and where T2W took no action whatever to assist.

If T2W where not prepared to assist Spanish 69 in his efforts to hide youthful indiscretions, why would they assist anyone else ?.... Thats right, they wouldnt :LOL:

LOL! I remember that too TH... Brilliant stuff - still, I can't help thinking that Spanish & Arabian MAY be treated differently in this case.

For instance, Spanish was a total c0ck who stole people's money via fraud at an amateur level and couldn't trade.

On the other hand, Arabian is just a c0ck at times who steals people's money via trading at a professional level, so he can trade.

Different, see?

BTW - fkin slow today innit?

How can you possibly believe that ?. Tim gave me a cast iron assurance that my posts would be deleted, and now, he's done a complete U turn. That alone should tell you everything you need to know.

On that basis, I reckon they wouldnt. The evidence thats staring you in the face suggests that they wouldnt. FFS how many more times does he need to bring this issue to their attention ?

Even the moderators have publically stated "not a chance".

If it where my forum, I'd abuse the privelidge too, but I'd do with with transparency and integrity. Proming one thing, and doing the opposite is hypocritical.

Poor old Tim - he does his best to give reasonable answers to you and others and all he gets is lashed to the mast and flogged :)

It's all pretty straightforward really. Members can no longer delete their posts after a short time, mainly because - as Tim has said - to do so often renders the threads too disjointed. We often delete specific post on request where there is good reason (personal details, incorrect info etc etc) but not just because people want "to take their bat home" for some reason.

People can, and do, change their nic on request - when they are usually shown as xxx formerly known as yyy for a while - but most don't take such a formal route and merely start posting under a different nic (multi-nic). Where a multi-nic is for devious reasons - some naughty vendor types chime in under a different nic to praise their own posts/product for example - they get short shrift indeed. At the other end of the scale, there are members who have been "troublesome" and want to turn over a new leaf and start afresh. We're a bit more relaxed with those, so long as they behave. It's not an exact science.

jon

Dunno - I just think if there's stuff on here that for instance, might hurt Arabians future Job prospects (say for example he wants to join the police). Then I think that'll probably be met with a positive response if the posts are related to 'recreational activities' as opposed to trading...

That's a scary thought :LOL:

spanish69, if you can believe a word he says, actually got accepted to the police on another recruitment run and the rejection turned out to be for some other reason :LOL:

it is not practical for me to give a list of posts. It is much easier to either a) eradicate all my posts or b) give me the ability to delete anything.

it is not practical for me to give a list of posts. It is much easier to either a) eradicate all my posts or b) give me the ability to delete anything.
Hi arabian,
Oh dear, we appear to have a communication issue. Apologies if I and barjon haven't made the situation clear.

I'm not sure how else I can help you other than to suggest that perhaps the best avenue for you to pursue might be to apply to become a Mod. That way, you could delete anything and everything to your heart's content. Not just your posts - but mine as well!
Tim.

I am fine with being a mod although I will realistically only be using it to delete my own posts

Please consider this post an application :)

I am fine with being a mod although I will realistically only be using it to delete my own posts

Please consider this post an application :)

Good ol Arabian... has my vote of confidence as long as he stays away from the booze when he is deleting his life away... (y)

You've made an indelible mark, Dave :)
Nothing to be embarrassed about, there have been times you've kept t2w afloat single-handedly.
Dunno what you were doing with the other hand.
Richard

The spanish thing inspired me to talk to him. I won't say anything of what is going on as I didn't ask him if i could put any of it here, but let's say the lulz continues :LOL:

Can I be a mod as well please.

No.

Furthermore, your posts won't be getting deleted and neither will arabians. Like i've said previously, if the posts were good enough at the time of posting, then they are good enough now !

No.

Furthermore, your posts won't be getting deleted and neither will arabians. Like i've said previously, if the posts were good enough at the time of posting, then they are good enough now !

They may not be being deleted by you but you are in no position to make such blanket statements on behalf of trade2win.

I have not spoken to a solicitor about this and this is not a legal threat, but so far as I can see it's totally unclear as to whether trade2win has any legal right whatsoever to keep the posts if I really push the issue. It could make an interesting test case :)

Once again: absolutely no current plans here to take any legal action whatsoever. But basically this has nothing to do with you.