Please ban me for a bit

Whoops, that's still reading like a veiled legal threat. So for the third time, to be totally clear I am not making any legal threats here.

I have not spoken to a solicitor about this and this is not a legal threat, but so far as I can see it's totally unclear as to whether trade2win has any legal right whatsoever to keep the posts if I really push the issue.

Well I've asked them on several occassions to explain T2W's interpretation of this situation, and as yet I still await a response. I believe others may have also sought clarification in the past.

Any way you look at this its a gross abuse of members trust (and yes Tim, I am being 100% serious)

The basic legal argument for keeping the posts, I should iamgine, would be that in the terms and conditions we assign copyright to trade2win and give them the right to use them in the forum (although I haven't checked it actually says that)

So the interesting legal question is whether that would stand up in court given human rights act right to privacy.

Aside from that, there's the data protection angle which *definitely* means for a statutory fee of £10 I can ask trade2win to go through all of my posts, both visible and deleted (which will be over 7000 I should think) and give me a human readable list of all personal data about me in them. I can then request those parts should be removed and they most provide a reason if they refuse not to.

That's just the obvious stuff, I'm sure a creative lawyer could think of other things.

It is irrelevant though as I'm sure trade2win will do the right thing out of decency once they get around to it, and even if they are indecent I haven't said I will do anything with lawyers - the indecency can speak for itself.

i read teh small rpint and yeah it does say that all posts belong to trade 2 win or sumthin similar. its hidden away tho.

Any way you look at this its a gross abuse of members trust (and yes Tim, I am being 100% serious)
Hi the hare,
Well, the flip side to that particular coin is . . .
that I've done my damndest to look at this situation every which way and I don't begin to understand how, when, where or why the trust of any T2W member is being - or has been - abused! (And yes, I too am being 100% serious.)
Tim.

i read teh small rpint and yeah it does say that all posts belong to trade 2 win or sumthin similar. its hidden away tho.

3.2 You agree that by posting any material or content on any Forum you grant T2W permission in perpetuity to use that material or any part of that material on and in relation to this Site and for any other use in connection with T2W's ordinary business activities. You also agree to waive unconditionally all and any moral rights in that material or content to the fullest extent permitted by law.

Which is why no one in their right mind would ever post anything of value. The problem comes when staff make assurances that posts will be removed on request, then do a complete u-turn.

The problem comes when staff make assurances that posts will be removed on request, then do a complete u-turn.
Well, I suppose it might be a problem if there was anyone besides your good self amongst the 200k+ membership who really believed that. As things stand, to the best of my knowledge, you are in a minority of 1. That's assuming of course, that you really believe it yourself!
;)

3.2 You agree that by posting any material or content on any Forum you grant T2W permission in perpetuity to use that material or any part of that material on and in relation to this Site and for any other use in connection with T2W's ordinary business activities. You also agree to waive unconditionally all and any moral rights in that material or content to the fullest extent permitted by law.

Which is why no one in their right mind would ever post anything of value. The problem comes when staff make assurances that posts will be removed on request, then do a complete u-turn.

But what is the law? No one knows!

hope4pips cant have it both ways i think. if i posted like wikileaks or insighted racial hatred or something, trade2win win would say "oi your being naughty and you'll get in trouble with the rozzers" but with like all MY posts if i said " ok I want them back now thanks" (I did ask already) they said "no u cant have them, there ours!|"

so arabian I say either ask for deletions or post like bad stuff like recipe for "cupcakes".

I offered to pay time for the w@nkers to delete my posts and they still knocked me back.
It's okay when I'm getting mega clicks for my lulzy posts and threads and topping up the the old add rev pile.

Bloody one way relationship this,I tell you.

Last edited:
I'm going to make an intelligent and useful post in a bit. One that explains how I trade sensibly and profitably with constant and sustainable double-digit percentage gains most weeks with practically so little drawdown it’s embarrassing.

I’ll also show how I ripped off a financial institution for over £350,000 for a few hours work expended over a couple of weeks and why there’s nothing they can do about it. And why I’m going to keep on doing it as long as I can get away with it. And why the actual doing of it is more important (and fun) than the money itself.

I’m also going to show you all what I get up to when I take my little breaks from the site and why you shouldn’t try this at home boys and girls.

I’m also going to let you in on a few secrets I have picked up in my quest to no longer lead the NWO and why the current apparent transitional activity in the Middle East is smoke and mirrors to camouflage the real deal that is actually being transacted, right now, as I write this. And what that’s going to mean.

I’ll also explain the significance of (and real cause of) what the USGS consistently refers to as seismic activity “Off the East Coast of Honshu”.

you absolute nutter. i thought i was a bit mental.

Bloody one way relationship this,I tell you.

To be fair to T2W they do make it clear in their terms and conditions that this is going to happen.

However in my case I was assured by a member of staff who I had no cause to disbelieve at the time, that posts would be deleted on request. This promise has been broken.

Like you, I would be happy to pay reasonable costs to compensate T2W for the time required to undertake the task.

The worst abuse of members trust surely has to be those cases where members are banned, and then where T2W then goes on to promote those posts and threads as quality content.