Please ban me for a bit

No it doesn't.

Course it does.

Basically you are saying that you can't be arsed to list the posts, send a nice email to a friendly mod explaining why this stuff could be detrimental and state a case for their removal.

What you do instead is publicly ask for all posts to be removed and then start talking about 'legal action' when you don't get a reply you want.

In short, you are being a whiny little sh1t.

Most people react reasonably to a reasonable request. You haven't made a reasonable request yet.

As for legal action - make sure you also go after Google because what you posted will be on Google cache and a long list of niche sites that store historical web pages too.

My suggestion - put your toys back in your pram, do the legwork & state your case privately.

Hare

Well, I agree with a lot of what you say too :). So does T2W which is why requests to delete posts for the sort of reasons you suggest are dealt with. That's not the same as just deleting a load of posts without good reason, particularly when they disrupt the flow of threads. Archive threads may, or may not, be poured over by members, but there's not much point in keeping books on the library shelves if they've got pages missing.

So far as The fact that T2W staff and moderators have spent infinately more time justifying their actions than it would take to hit the delete button speaks volumes. is concerned I'm not sure what it speaks volumes about. Faced with criticism we can either just ignore it and go our merry way without comment or we can be open and explain what we are doing and why. Which would you prefer?

With some trepidation because I can almost hear the beginnings of a sneer, I would say that you should reflect that, although it is a commercial enterprise, T2W does try hard to operate for the benefit of members as much as possible, in their interests and in a way that majority of members want. If that wasn't so I wouldn't spend so much of my time moderating, after all I get nothing out of it (bar grief :LOL:)

jon

And none of this changes the central fact - there is NO reason not to delete all my posts (or maybe change them into an advert for propboards, a sister business to t2w!) other than sheer bloody mindedness.

Nope - the reason is bloody obvious.

I can't believe the total tripe I am hearing from someone that is supposedly so intelligent. Are you some sort of savant?

Let me break it down:
- Lots of people have come along and posted good content (yourself included)
- Subsequently to get pissed off
- Then ask for it to be removed

If T2W did this on each occasion, then they'd lose a lot of good content.

It's not bloody mindedness, this content is part of the value of the forum. You are asking them to devalue the forum.

Also - by putting this request in publicly you make it impossible for them to make an exception. If they do it for you, then that sets a precedent. If you do it off line, it doesn't encourage others to do the same.

Isn't it amazing how traders can be clueless about business & people?

However in my case I was assured by a member of staff who I had no cause to disbelieve at the time, that posts would be deleted on request. This promise has been broken.
You've still no cause to disbelieve as no such promise was ever made or, therefore, ever broken. Can we move on now please!
;)

Dear timsk,

please delete my schlong thread, all apart from the april fool joke I done on trader333 which was high quality lulz.

bisous,

Dash

please delete my schlong thread, all apart from the april fool joke I done on trader333 which was high quality lulz.
Hi Dash,
Funnily enough, with the exception of off-topic posts to the FAQs, Sharky doesn't employ me to delete the content of his site. So, if I did as you ask, it's reasonable to assume that my employment at T2W would come to an abrupt end. Ergo, for me to entertain your idea for longer than a nano second, you're going to have to come up with some very powerful reasons to persuade me to execute your wishes. Quite a few thousand of them in fact!

I'm now going to open a book as to how long it will be before 'the hare' pops up on some thread quoting the above para, questioning my effix and claiming that I've openly tried to bribe another member. As in trading, context is king.
:LOL:

Needless to say Dash, I can't oblige, sorry. (Same applies to Arabian.)
Tim.

Hi Dash,
Funnily enough, with the exception of off-topic posts to the FAQs, Sharky doesn't employ me to delete the content of his site.

To whom it may concern,

How are you? I am fine. Today was mostly overcast and a bit humid. I also saw a squirrell fall out of a tree which made me sad. But I am OK now thanks.

Please delete my Schlong thread except the april Fools joke I played on everyone. You know, the one that trader333 fell for and then deleted his post when he found it was a joke.

Regards,

Dash

Please delete my Schlong thread except the april Fools joke I played on everyone. You know, the one that trader333 fell for and then deleted his post when he found it was a joke.

I tell you what I will delete the joke and leave the rest intact, how about that :)

Paul

You've still no cause to disbelieve as no such promise was ever made or, therefore, ever broken. Can we move on now please!
;)

I have every cause. The post you made still remains (unlike may other other embarassing posts that seam to disapear after a while :LOL: )

A bunch of people take exception to the way that T2W are handling this matter, and that problem is unlikely to go away. I predict it will get worse, and you only have yourself to blame.

The hare, are you not a native English speaker? The reason I ask is that from the following

You actually stated in public that the posts made under my previous user
name would be deleted. They where not deleted, and they remain.

"you can rest assured that if you want your 'contributions' to T2W erased, I shall add my name to what will doubtless be a long list of applicants who will be delighted to fulfil your departing wishes"

You seem to interpret this as though Timsk has promised to delete your posts. That is not what it says. I would add my name to the number of people that would like to see David Cameron removed, but that does not mean I have removed, or will remove, even if it was in my power to do so. It just means I support the removal.

As for the rest of the thread. I believe that any bulletin board or company for that matter, holding personal info about a member, has a duty to remove that if:
1) it causes the member distress. So any decent reason from Arabian as to why it is affecting or will affect his life badly, constitutes a good reason to remove those particular posts, and to keep these posts is morally, and possibly legally wrong.
2) it is of no more use to the board. If Arabian leaves, is banned or account deleted, I don't think that his posts containing anything personal should remain forever. There should be a time limit on personal info.

Also, if it prevents someone with good trading knowledge from posting anything of value in future, then there is an argument to be made that overall content would be better if you gave him his wishes and allow him to return under a different username.

I understand that removal of posts can disrupt threads, but I don't believe Trade2Win holding posts against the posters wishes encourages people to post useful material.

The worst abuse of members trust surely has to be those cases where members are banned, and then where T2W then goes on to promote those posts and threads as quality content.

I don't see anything wrong with this? Just because someone's a pr!ck and gets themselves banned in no way affects the quality of their posts. I bet his publishers loved Lord Archer getting locked up...

I reckon this is just AN's greatest attempt at lulz ever :p

It just means I support the removal.

He no longer supports the removal of my posts. He's supporting his employer which is in direct contradiction to his earlier position.

Of course anyone is entitled to change their minds.

Dear Trade 2 Win,

How are you? I am fine. It is still overcast here today but on the plus side, I saw that squirrel again and he's hopping about alright. I know it was the same one because it winked at me.

If you won;t delete my Schlong thread, I think the least you could do is pay me royalties on all my posts that you have taken from me. I think that $1.17 per post is not an unreanalbe sum so please send me one of those amazon vouchers for all my posts.

I will give you this one for free so its 1,704 * $1.17 = $1,993.68 that you owe me.

Thanks in advance,

Dash

You are asking them to devalue the forum.

Value, in an educational sense? It's a site for people who wish to place bets on market direction. The site obviously holds a value for Sharky, but that's about it.

Spread betting companies will advertise on this site to attract punters, not because of it's educational standard.

It's a chat forum, and there is a post removal procedure. It can be a drawn out procedure depending on T2W.