Path For The US Today

Tom

don't be discouraged - keep on posting please. I don't care if you get it right or wrong its more important that I get another view of the market. It is far better from my selfish standpoint that this is from an active and respected trader such as yourself.

Ooops - seem to have got some chocolate on my nose.

Sidinuk,

Little tip for you.....if it riles you that much... next time you scroll down a thread and you see a SUNSEEKER post .... Ignore it!

well, I take all the critisism in stride. I don't want to prove anything. I will state this. I am here to post as an individual. Trade with whoever you want.

If someone will post or send me an email how to post charts i will be happy to supplement Chartmans brilliant work.

If you guys think I am here to win business you are wrong, but I will just stop posting....I am sure the other companies would have tried that ages ago. The development as a trader never stops. It is humbling to read Niederhoffers bio'. He was a top trader who lost it all. He pulled himself back. This is a very business and all I want to do is to share. If some of you dont like my daily prediction, then just try to check them out after hours and see if there is any merit in them. If there isn't, then tell me to F@%$ off with them. Pretty simple in my view

So how do I post charts?

The Dow seems to have found support on the up trend line going back to 20/05/03. Does anyone think if we get a bad Phili number that the market will tank??

Tom -

you will need to save your chart as a .gif or .jpeg then just attach it when you post your message.

Make sure its not any bigger than 1000 pixels wide, or someone else will probably start moaning then that they cant see the whole thread...

;)

Sunseeker

Thanks for your reply. Its reassuring to know that even the pro's have the occassional bad day!

Perhaps I did just pick the wrong day to check your predictions. I would not want to dismiss your ideas based on one bad day, that's not a very long backtest period after all!

You are obviously a professional with a lot of experience and I certainly wouldn't want the board to lose that. Perhaps if you could explain a little more as to why you think the market will do certain things at certain times it would add a little more credibility to your predictions. This is not like me or any other amateur trader posting a prediction for fun, you are a professional who is paid for your experienced analysis. Of course it is greatly appreciated that you are prepared to share this with the rest of us on this board.

I must say that generally your comments and obvious knowledge of how the markets actually work is very interesting. What I have a problem with is just listing times and what might happen between those times, let's face it, it's only going to go up or down so it's not that hard to get it right occassionaly. I'm interested in why you think it might go one way rather than another at that particular time.

Of course the fact that you work for the enemy doesn't help! ;)

Tom,

Please don't stop posting just because a few people criticise. I'm sure most people on this board will read your posts with interest. I've followed your posts on other boards for a while and I'm glad you've finally found T2W - it's a great board. As you say, no one is forcing us to trade with your company or to read your posts.

I find that when you and a couple of others professionals I follow are all in agreement that the market is definately going up tomorrow I can take a big short and usually make money :LOL:

There a few posts around about putting up charts...

http://www.trade2win.co.uk/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5663

http://www.trade2win.co.uk/boards/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=77

Good luck. I hope we continue to hear from you on a regular basis.

Cheers

mmillar

Sid,

you are making some valid points

By the way, when you say I am working for the enemy, does that imply that you work for another spreadbetter, or does it piss you off that you have to pay such a big spread for trading the Dow..??..

I have my own views, and anyone who knows me know what my view is on this matter.

Dont you think that I get killed on the spread??????

So I want to post because it will give me great pleasure to see more winners.....

I admit that I could post some more charts and stuff like that. Sid, if you are trying to make a living from trading, you will know that a trader live and die by his opinion. You trade what you see ( and unfortunately, what you think, from time to time), and you take the glory and the punishment accordingly..

I love this profession, but I also know that it is not easy. I want to help and get inspired by others, and get ideas...

Sid, you can email me on [email protected] if you want to ask me anything

A note on the Path. I am still working on making it better....but for me it provides a very valuable tool to my trading.......

I have done a lot of reseach, like Chartman, and I dont mind sharing my stuff ( well most of it )

Sun

Guys,
different traders have different approaches to the market.Individuals are free to take whatever signals they feel suit them as traders and are hopefully profitable.To ignore out of hand a certain style is naive.If anyone feels Sunseekers posts are fantasy just ignore them and concentrate on what suits you best.
Personally I've been impressed by Toms calls,especially the March low and the run up till today.These are more long term and predicting daily moves is obviously more hazardous,but I hope Tom continues to post.

mmillar,

so, in reality, I am making you money, although you are doing the opposite that I say....thats GREAT....can I be in on the trade when you do????????? please?

Excellent posts Tom,

Its always a pleasure reading them, In time people will see how Tom illuminates the more esoteric side of TA and trading & will use this knowledge to the own advantage :D

Cheers a320

The best advice is the one that comes for free. The only cost is if Sunseeker gets egg on his face or we follow it with out doing our own analysis and get burnt. Anyway, checking what time it is before putting on a trade is the first thing I do.

Sunseeker

Thanks for sticking your neck out.

stoploss, that is what I am doing, sticking my neck out. That is what you do when you trade.

I have my share of days where things don't go to plan. But that will not stop me from trying....

Tom

You have inspired me to submit my first post!

I have been day trading full time for a year and made no money whatsoever (though, that was always part of my three-year "plan"). I have had to dig deep into savings to keep my family in the style to which they have become accustomed.

Every now and then I evaluate whether to continue or go back to my day job.

Your posts have been uplifting, and have given me even more determination to make trading work.

Alastair

Sun

I don't work for any other spreadbet company and the comment was only meant in jest.

I started trading with IG a few years ago who insisted I had a controlled risk account so had to pay the 11 point spread on the dow. At the time I didn't know any better and accepted it. I then changed to City Index, then discovered Deal4Free's tighter spreads. With all of them, the problem is that you feel like you are battling against the SB company as well as the market. I now use IB to trade the ES directly and have seen a marked increase in trading profits as a result. No waiting for the dealer to finish his coffee before offering a re-quote (D4F), or a mysterious technical problem which puts trading off line just when the market starts to move (City Index).

To me it seems a little strange that someone from a bookmaker would want to see more punters winning, hence my cynicism. I know the SB firms say that it doesn't matter whether we win or lose because all bets are hedged and they are only interested in creaming off the spreads. But IG certainly don't hedge all bets and have said as much in their annual report. Perhaps City Index are different. Certainly IG don't get quoted very often as serious market commentators like you yourself do!

Given the fact that you obviously have a huge amount of fans on this board (certainly more than me now, that's for sure!), I'll have to put my cynicism to one side. I, like you, love trading and do believe that you can never stop learning.

I hope we're all agreed that Tom should continue his postings. The more info and opinion the better. I'm a recent arrival at T2W and am hugely impressed by the breadth of knowledge on here. Keep it up everyone and thanks (a small tear forms in my glass eye)

Very good. Ba*** on the line it is and off we go. We're entitled to get it wrong because everyone wants an opinion given on this or that. If you say nothing , you can't be wrong. How boring is that?

Out of interest, the Dow has retraced 62% since its up move on the 13/6 at 19.00 to its high of 9356. It hit 9181 and did not like it.

Sticking my neck out but upside break above 9235 looks a possibility.

hi alclark, and welcome to T2W. Are you the aaclark who used to come into the chat room a year or so ago? If you are, it's nice to see you around again :D