Rollover day today (Thursday 11 September)

Skimbleshanks

2,325 16
Just a reminder to change from the U contract to the Z contract on software and trading platform as today is rollover day on US futures.

The last trading day is the 3rd Friday of the expiration month; rollover day is the Thursday one week and one day before the last trading day.

JeanM

116 3
Sorry if this is a stupid question or if it has been answered before, but what is a "rollover day" and what are the repercussions if any?

al-motor

249 0
DaxT, yeah you are right- for SP and other US financials- Dax trades right to the end, doesnt it-

JeanM- basically if u are trading futures, the SEP contract on the US indicies is coming to an end and the Dec contract ( code Z instead of the U ) is about to start-

If u watch the SP volume today u will notice the drop .....

Skimble- thanks for the reminder !! I must say I knew the date but had forgotten

sidinuk

Established member
624 5
Thanks for the reminder Skim.

Tim

Skimbleshanks

2,325 16
This is a message I've just received (all times are US ET):

Today all US Financial markets will be observing four separate moments of silence in remembrance of the 9/11 attacks. The following minutes will be observed, 8:46, 9:03, 9:59, and 10:29 EST. In addition to these minutes, the NYBOT and NYMEX will close for an additional 21 minutes on the last moment of silence for the 21 members of the NYBOT & NYMEX that perished on 9/11. While it is encouraged that all trading cease during these times, GLOBEX trading may continue outside of the exchange.

DaxTrader

229 2
yeah wierd isn't it, US stop a week prior to expiry, everyone else in Europe trades front month indexes into expiry day - Dax, CAC, ESTOXX, FTSE etc.

Bunds stop trading front month around the turn of the expiry month.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock