Our Nan

If nothing else, the above post is an interesting case study in the psychogenesis of the superiority/inferiority complex...

. . .Flies private everywhere, says she can be checked into the hotel, changed, and sipping her fav cocktail before cattle class have left the departure lounge. . .
'Ere Sig' - is your nan Joan Collins by any chance?
:LOL:

did you or didn't you?

Just looking at the SP500 Index.

Wondering how many traders have out performed it since the bottom in 2009.

Not only how many have out performed it, but by, HOW MUCH!

I mean come on, if your going to Trade you maze well trade bigger and better than some dumb ass low cost Sleepy Hollow Index Fund.

So what does that look like, it looks like you should have done better than at least 400% profit after all the bits and bobs deducted.

Why do I say that....easy, there's a low cost SP fund that returned 336% with Divs over that period.

Any moron who's done worse than 300% should take a one way to Switzerland or pack it in. Just kidding.

As our Nan has just pointed out, we rich people need you poor people for liquidity and taxes... so keep on having a go, PLEASE!

Hang on Nan, I'm not sure that last comment is PC any more.

Vlo

Take a mooch at VLO.

Our Nan told someone she met at a dinner party to BUY this one at end of Sept last year.

The dinner guest showed an interest in trading.

They bought and bought more as instructed but then decided because of some numb nut newspaper article it was time to sell short.

HO,HO,HO what a blunder!

I mean lets face it, how dumb can anyone be!

Following our Nans advice they would have bought and bought more ALL the way UP.

First position 10% of capital, second 5% and so on down to 1% then a steady stream of 1% positions for the rest of the journey.

Work it out, they could be sitting on more profit right now than someone on basic sees in a million life times.

Who needs a Robot when you got Our Nan.

So this friend of your nan, doesnt happen to look like this does he?
6099-darktone-albums-general-9-picture5738-nip-cover.png

You just got to love some people.

I mean their grasp of the English language.

their use of profanity...

their use of incorrect pronuciation...

their constant use of tedious repetition...

Oh and not to forget some people get so confused, they think someone's Nan is a "he"

Last edited:
You just got to love some people.

I mean their grasp of the English language.

their use of profanity...

their use of incorrect pronuciation...

their constant use of tedious repertition...

Oh and not to forget some people get so confused, they think someone's Nan is a "he"

Ganz interessant....

Aber Ich glaube, dass diese Erörterung die grundlegende Frage aufwirft, ob man Unsinn schrift, weil man Unsinn denkt, oder ob man Unsinn denkt, weil man Unsinn schrift.:)

Take a mooch at VLO.

Our Nan told someone she met at a dinner party to BUY this one at end of Sept last year.

The dinner guest showed an interest in trading.

They bought and bought more as instructed but then decided because of some numb nut newspaper article it was time to sell short.

HO,HO,HO what a blunder!

I mean lets face it, how dumb can anyone be!

Following our Nans advice they would have bought and bought more ALL the way UP.

First position 10% of capital, second 5% and so on down to 1% then a steady stream of 1% positions for the rest of the journey.

Work it out, they could be sitting on more profit right now than someone on basic sees in a million life times.

Who needs a Robot when you got Our Nan.

My nan is brilliant at hindsight trading too :sleep:

hindsight

We all live in the hindsight world...

That's because the future hasn't happened yet.

Your Nan seems to attend a lot of dinner parties.
I think I may have met her.

Was she the one with the apron serving vol-au-vents.

my yougest sister

She's a bit headstrong to say the least but gives me a laugh.

Educated at a fee paying school and eye watering term fees by any standards.

When it came to exam time she point blankly refused to take them.

Her argument was that for her they were a total waste of time as she already has a Master's Degree in Shopping in Milan, Rodeo Drive and Mall of the Emirates so what use is history and some such stuff...so totally last millennium.