Omnitrader software

Pilotpat

Re Software

I AN LOOKING TO PURCHASE SOME SOFTWARE, MAINLY OMNITRADER, AS A PROSPECTING TOOL FOR SPREAD BETTING, CAN ANYONE ADVISE AS TO WHETHER IT IS GOOD,AND HOW THEY RATE IT, IS IT WORTH THE MONEY AS A PROSPECTING TOOL OR CAN ANYONE RECOMEND ANY OTHER SOFTWARE I MIGHT FIND USEFULL FOR SB.

THANKS,

PILOTPAT

Do you know what you are going to trade, how you are going to trade it and how the software will help?

From what I understand Omni trader is very much an indicator package.

Omnitrader

I have the 2004 version and have used it since the 2002 version (i think that was what it was named then). At first i did try to trade from the signals but now i just use it as a quick method of visually paging through the various charts /list of stocks i have setup.

I think i ended up using it like this as although i had data in various places you can create a list that groups them together and this allows you to run through them with the Page up Page down key (from memory as i am using another computer just now).

However i have just upgraded my Metastock software to version 9 and am re-organising my data into a sensible directory structure. After that i will probably move over to mainly using Metastock again.

Thanks for the reply TBS and awoodj, i am going to trade shares by spread betting and thasught this software would help with my decesions, on what stocks to trade long or short. alsoif anyone could tell me if they have purchased a book advertised by Winspread The Ultimate Way to Trade and an other book called Principles of Profit by Paul Williams AKA aussietraderor a book by an english company at www.financial-spread-trading.co.uk, also the Investro Mentor Centre has anyone heard of them and are they genuine ,
Thanks for any comments or help anyone can lend,
Yours Pilotpat.

spread betting on UK Shares

Hello Pilot Pat,

I'm just starting out on spread betting on Uk shares - and I'm in the same boat - looking for software to generate some decent signals,

i have been looking at charts on advfn and interpretting them myself relying on basic rules from (How to win at Financial spread betting, (Charles Vincent) basic explanation book.

Before - i was just working off live news announcements!!!! careful!!

Have a look on the net for www.best-charts.com == i am looking at this free software - just type in the epic of the stock your considering and it creates all sorts of charts, with buy/sell signals! it seems you can back test to select the most reliable info -- i've only just seen this myself and i don't know how well it stands up --- Let me know what you think.

Can anyone recommend the best signal software ???

Phil

Omnitrader 2004

For info i have a copy of Omnitrader 2004 which due to a change in trading (moving to currencies only) i may no longer need and would consider selling. Anyone interested please PM me.

PS the same goes a copy of Metastock V9 (latest version)

Both End of Day versions

how much are you selling them for ?

let me know how much - might well buy one of them off you -

I gather I need to subscribe to a data feed as well ?

I Have Omnitrader 2004 Realtime, cost over $500 will sell for
£250, anyone interested can send me E-MAIL