Obama and the Future

Not 100% sure but as he is the Prez-Elect I wager it'd be Biden ?

As sad as it is to even think about sthg like this, but I really think there might be a civil war if he should get assassinated, for all blacks in the US, after this enormous breakthrough, that would be the final straw.

Just think about the enormous eruption of mass violence after what happened in LA a few years back as a result of police brutality against one black guy that was caught on a video camera and spread throughout not onyl the nation but the world...

Not 100% sure but as he is the Prez-Elect I wager it'd be Biden ?

As sad as it is to even think about sthg like this, but I really think there might be a civil war if he should get assassinated, for all blacks in the US, after this enormous breakthrough, that would be the final straw.

Just think about the enormous eruption of mass violence after what happened in LA a few years back as a result of police brutality against one black guy that was caught on a video camera and spread throughout not onyl the nation but the world...

Agree... completely unimaginable and horrendous consequences.

Lets hope the best for the future of the USA - especially after it has given the rest of the world such a wonderful lesson in racial equality.

Reactions: BSD
I believe that Barack Obama does have the potential to do things differently, to do things largely successfully and possibly ( and hopefully ) become a great President.

He has a towering intellect, great charisma, determination and drive, and is a superb orator.

He also appears to care, which is a good start.

He must surround himself with experienced advisers ( Rahm Emanuel being an excellent start ) - people who know how things work in Washington.

His closest adviser will be his wife who is also a clever cookie, graduating from Princeton and Harvard Law School.

Obama also went to Harvard Law School.

This guy is going to need guts and balls of steel but if he has the nerve to take on the establishment and change things around a little, then he could carry off this job in a sensational way.

It is going to be difficult but I do believe that he can be a success.

One thing in his favour....he cannot fail to improve on the past 8 years.

Bush and his gang of crooked dealers have been an unmitigated disaster, showing levels of incompetence, greed, corruption and self gratification that are unprecedented in a modern democratic society.

I hear that Bush and Obama are meeting next week.

What the hell for ?

I can't imagine there is anything useful that Bush can tell him, except maybe a couple of jokes.

Reactions: BSD
wake up!

As the saying goes It doesnt matter which party you vote for you still vote for government.
unless the us stops backing israel
pulls out of iraq/afgahnistan
stops being reliant upon oil
stops forcing democracy (or their version of it) on anyone and everybody, then nothing is gonna change!!!!!

ok you got rid of George, so instead of going to the final destination down the right hand side of the road we now go in the same direction on the left hand side of the road. Nothing Changes !!!!!

and who the fcuk Matthew Parris thinks he is?.. actually who the fcuk is Matthew Parris?

He's an American. He is going to look after America's interests. Nothing is wrong with that, France does the same and we should, too.

The BBC, this morning, asked why America would not send troops into African war zones. The way the question was asked was, IMO, a bit plaintive, as if it was their duty to do so. After the stick that has been given them and allies over Iraq, I'm damned if I would send troops to anywhere else. Let the rest of the UN do it, there are plenty of other countries who could, but don't, do a thing.

Big difference in sending troops to Africa and sending to Iraq - can't even begin to compare!

Big difference in sending troops to Africa and sending to Iraq - can't even begin to compare!

I don't see any. The differences are always expressed after, the event. We should, all stay out of it. We can't afford it, anyway.

Listen to this week's File on Four programme. How we treat our walking wounded after they get back. It's a national disgrace. If we can't take care of them, then they should only be used in our defence.

The f***** difference is OIL!

Well, a fat lot of good it's done to you or me! Or Joe the plumber in the US, for that matter.

Let's face it. We, or my kids, get sent to wars. We don't start them. Tony Blair walked away from his job with 23 million quid and he's raking it in, doing something in the Middle East amd I don't think that George Bush is going to pay for the broken crockery, either. If you listen to File on Four you will see that the average wounded soldier, coming home, can't even get decent treatment on the NHS.

That is one of the reasons that I say let someone else do it. It may be hard luck for the Africans, but we either learn sometime, or never.

Last edited:
Well, a fat lot of good it's done to you or me! Or Joe the plumber in the US, for that matter.

Let's face it. We, or my kids, get sent to wars. We don't start them. Tony Blair walked away from his job with 23 million quid and he's raking it in, doing something in the Middle East amd I don't think that George Bush is going to pay for the broken crockery, either. If you listen to File on Four you will see that the average wounded soldier, coming home, can't even get decent treatment on the NHS.

That is one of the reasons that I say let someone else do it. It may be hard luck for the Africans, but we either learn sometime, or never.

It's not meant to benefit you or me :(

cryten wrote

The f***** difference is OIL!

Oh, really? Well, there’s loadsa of oil in Darfur so tell me why aren’t ”we” there?

But maybe, it’s because we’re afraid of the Chinese? :)

That Blair ba*tard should be forced to pay over the " blood " money he gets from the Americans and that Swiss bank to the injured servicemen. As far as I know not a word has been said in Parliament about the blood sucker which begs the question are they on the take too ????????????????????????????????????

Gates to be defense secretary:

BBC NEWS | Americas | Gates 'to stay as Pentagon chief'

I find this to be quite depressing news, especially as there have been reports that Gates wants his old team (neocons and all) as part of the deal. So we have the three most important positions:

Secretary of State: Clinton (Hawk)
Secretary of Defense: Gates
Secretary of Treasury: Geithner (Head of NY Fed - like putting Dracula in charge of the Blood Bank).

Meet the new boss - same as the old boss.

Surely the point of elections is that the new government should be duty bound to carry out the programme it was elected on (that is if there is any discernable programme amongst the hype of presidential elections). And not form some sort of pact with the devil in some bi-partisan nonsense.

It's as if there was nothing fundamentally wrong with what has been going on and it just needs to be managed better.

What a sham.

Meet the new boss - same as the old boss.

Surely the point of elections is that the new government should be duty bound to carry out the programme it was elected on

hmmm, that sounds like an interesting idea you've got there dcraig1 :idea: I wonder if it would work ?

Anyway, could be worse, at least it's better than living in some poxy, medievil, faith state.

dd

Last edited:
If Obama turns out to be just another talking ars*hole then watch out for the mindless mob. They are already tooling up in Texas. Guns is THE growth selling commodity.
Yes madam .... a machine gun ?
well right over here little lady......... we got a special offer etc etc.

makes me worried.
:cry:

If Obama turns out to be just another talking ars*hole then watch out for the mindless mob.

If Obama is a talking ars*ehole what does that make George Bush ?

A jabbering cu*nt I suppose.

If Obama is a talking ars*ehole what does that make George Bush ?

A jabbering cu*nt I suppose.

you are too generous to the idiot imho

while the world suffers - he is back on his Texas ranch pretending to be a great war president - yee gods !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!