New T2W Website - What's New & Feedback Thread

OMG! Have the albums gone!? Say it aint so!! :eek:

We haven't imported them yet, we could still do that; but to be honest when I looked over the albums, there wasn't really much worth keeping - but correct if I'm wrong!

We haven't imported them yet, we could still do that; but to be honest when I looked over the albums, there wasn't really much worth keeping - but correct if I'm wrong!
Erhmm! I cant tell you how many hours ive put in my albums :rolleyes:. Seriously tho, totally understand, despite being in mild shock :ROFLMAO:.

Can still post gifs tho?

Phew! :cool:

ok will do

also are the link backs working .....i cant seem to get back to my links in signature area ?

Attachments

• links.JPG
    links.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 243
I've just noticed the new box design for the 'What's New' menu. I preferred the other arrangement with the tabs - just my 2 cents, that's all:)

I've just noticed the new box design for the 'What's New' menu. I preferred the other arrangement with the tabs - just my 2 cents, that's all:)
I thought that it was a rather useful addition and much easier to use! – Perhaps should have both?

Thanks for the feedback. You'll probably notice a few tweaks here and there over the next few weeks, much is just me figuring out what's customisable. It's easy to switch back, but just first want to get a proper feel for the new site and how it all gels together. Often it's the little details that make all the difference!

Thanks for the feedback. You'll probably notice a few tweaks here and there over the next few weeks, much is just me figuring out what's customisable. It's easy to switch back, but just first want to get a proper feel for the new site and how it all gels together. Often it's the little details that make all the difference!

I thought the bar was a more efficient use of space compared to the box, the box just has fresh air beneath it and it cramps the thread list slightly. Just 'little details' as you say and on the whole, I think the new site is fantastic(y)

I'm glad you like it! It's not often a redesign gets warmly received but I'm pretty pleased myself with how smoothly it all went, and the good news is that I'll be keeping up to date with all the new forum innovations coming out.

About "New Posts" and "What's New?". You currently have two "new post" links, one at the upper left-hand corner and the other on the right side next to "post thread", but they both lead to the same "what's new" box, as does "latest posts", but there are no links that say "what's new". Since you are using this as the homepage (and so much less cluttered and straight-forward than the old one), I suggest you consider a "WHAT'S NEW?" link, big and bold and colorful, which can then lead to the current "what's new" box that all the "new post" links lead to. If you have some reason for having so many "new post" links, great, but I should think that the "latest posts" link should be enough. Anything that avoids clutter is a plus.

Incidentally, having "Reception" as the very first cluster works out very well, and placing "new to Trade2Win" as the first thread in that cluster accomplishes several objectives. Cleaner, simpler, easier, faster.

Db

Constructive feedback, thanks Db. So, I agree it's a bit confusing right now. It doesn't help that the red link in the sub-men to "New posts", in the top right shows all new posts (even the ones you've read), whilst the one on the top right next to new thread filters out the read posts (leaving just the posts you haven't read). I prefer the former than the latter as I like to see everything (whilst read versus unread is differentiated in the list). The "What's New" if you can see read posts, doesn't add anything then, it just lists new reviews items lower down on the same page, which doesn't feel like it warrants it's own page. Having What's New as a main menu item is also an option, and the default out of the box, although not what we're used to from the old site. A glaring omission right now are the new articles from all this, and so I hope to get these added as a separate page to that section at some point.

The New to Trade2Win thread needs a refresh, as do the rest of the stickies. They potentially serve a really important purpose, and as you've mentioned before the 'user journey' of a new user navigating the site for the first time could be much improved.

Just a heads-up, I've needed to add what's called an MPU advert (squarish - 300x250) to the forum threads for logged in members (we normally only show this for guests) it shows on the 8th post of the page (15 posts per page). With all the changes to the site, including loss of the homepage, and the impact on SEO caused by the move to https and the switch from vBulletin to Xenforo; we're way down on our ad commitment this month. Apologies if it bothers you, but the ads do pay the bills and keep the site free for all, and I've always tried to keep them as unintrusive as possible

I've disabled recency-weighted searches on the forum and welcome feedback from the membership. There are pros and cons to having a recency-weighting. The obvious advantage is that if you value newer content then it's weighted to raise to the top of the searches, the disadvantage is that it's harder to find older content, even if it's more relevant to what you're searching for. Since we have a lot of great content going back several years, and I often hear requests to make it easier to surface that content; I think overall more members would prefer to not have a recency weighting.

Of course, it would be nice to give you the option to decide but let's face it most of us will just use the basic search. Let me know your thoughts, and remember the search is smarter than before, it's not based on just keywords, but relevancy.

If you want to know what that actually means, you can check out the intro to relevancy article here: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/guide/current/relevance-intro.html

Since we moved to the new website and left the old Traderpedia behind, there are URL links to the Traderpedia from external sites that are now broken. Since nobody likes landing on a "404 page not found" I've enlisted the help of @T2W Bot to re-create some of the most popular Traderpedia pages as new threads and we'll then redirect the old url to these new threads. FYI in case you're worried our bot has a short-circuit - he doesn't! ;)

hey S

i saw this today ...to be honest i dont appreciate being associated with a broker I dont use or have affiliation to ?

looks like i am supporting that broker ......

we have talked long and hard before about covert advertising here at T2win with some of the more experienced traders who also mentor

hence this situation is a little ironic !

N

Attachments

• advertising.JPG
    advertising.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 304