my journal 3

Oh god... just came back from the restaurant. Awful experience. There was a lady sitting in front of me. She was staring at me for several minutes.

Oh ****.

It was driving me mad. I wanted to tell her "what the **** are you looking at?".

I have a long way to go.

If I still take these things so personally there is no hope of ever becoming a healthy and profitable discretionary trader.

I wanted to kill the ****ing bitch.

---

I am very far from the being the
1) not vengeful
2) not perfectionist
person I need to be.

---

I mean, ok, the lady was a rude bitch who deserves to die and be slaughtered on the spot. Mother ****ing whore.

But she should not have had that effect on me. What happened to all my good plans and intentions and resolutions of not taking things personally?

This was a golden opportunity and I blew it. I kept staring back at her, with great anger.

Oh, damn, it's so hard... so hard not to take things personally. So hard for me.

This is just one single problem, joint with trading and everything else. Only that if I get wronged by a lady who looks at me, I am pissed off for hours. If I am wronged by GBL I take it out on GBL, which means taking it out on my account.

If I had the possibility to get away with it, I would have just killed the lady.

And since I can't kill all these people who bother me, all these repressed emotions make me even more prone to act on my impulses when I can do it, such as in trading.

I need to solve the problem at the root, if that is possible.

I need to cure my perfectionism and touchiness.

It has to disappear in every area of my life. It's all part of one problem. It's not "revenge trading", but "revenge living" altogether.

I have to get rid of my "vengeful perfectionist living".

You know what's next? Me scratching my head and thinking back to this lady who was staring at me. I will be doing it for maybe half an hour. I don't think it's healthy but it's normal. Normal when I feel that I have been wronged and that the lady didn't have the right to stare at me, and deserves to die for having done it.

It's not gonna work. I am not going to get over these things, and I am not going to become profitable.

I will just keep writing to see as I progress, but I am very skeptical. There is just too much anger and touchiness in me.

---

Another aspect of this situation is fixating on things. Fixating is great in that it allows me to become really good at something, or let's say that it enables to learn things that other people cannot learn because they give up, whereas I keep fixating on something, until I have solved the problem.

However, I don't seem to find a solution to people staring at me at restaurants.

Nor to losses in the markets. Nor to the lady slamming the door. Nor to the neighbor child crying.

But, once I have figured out that there is no solution, and here is where I am sick, instead of leaving the problem alone and forgetting about it, I keep fixating on it, not really in search of a solution, but just thinking about it obsessively, although I know i never reached and never will reach any useful conclusions, so it is just useless fixations. And I mean hours of fixations on these unsolvable problems, related to people mostly. Maybe an average of 2 hours per day in my entire life. Yeah.

For the lady:
1) can't kill her
2) can't make a scene each time someone stares at me and can't say "what are you looking at"
3) staring back doesn't help much, because even if they stop, I am still bothered by the experience
4) the only really good solution there is, is to stop minding altogether. You want to stare at me, even laugh at me? No problem! Yeah, I wish...

For trading, for a loss incurred:
1) once you're in the red, you can't fix it by doubling up
2) once the money is lost, you don't recover by regretting your choices, but by focusing on the future trades
3) revenge trading is like staring back at the lady

In a way another side to my problem is that I fixate on the past rather than on the future. As if I could ever go back and change things. And instead, when similar situations happen, I just keep on repeating the same mistake over and over again. So maybe this fixating on the past... even distracts me from the future.

I am tired of being myself, but I don't know how to change, and it seems very very... against nature. It seems to me like the most natural and even pleasant thing to do is to think and ruminate and fixate on these things, as I've been doing all my life:

1) the lady who slammed the door, and how much I hate her
2) the lady who stared at me, and how much I'd like her to die
3) the trades I missed
4) all the mistakes I made
5) my parents and what i blame them for
6) the child screaming and how i'd like him to die
7) all the people I'd like to kill... 95% of the world

What is all this if not a waste of time? But it seems the most natural and instinctive path. Oh, god... it's hopeless.

But also I should ask myself: do I want to do what feels good or do I want to walk the hard unpleasant but rewarding path?

All these good habits that I have now, of perseverance and hard work were once not habits but new things that required effort. Now they're so ingrained that I find it hard to do otherwise and do a sloppy work or be disorderly.

So maybe I can turn new efficient behaviors into habits so that they won't require as much effort anymore.

Let's see...

So far the good habit that solves all these problems related to people is to simply avoid people, and... well, it works. It works, so it should always be the first option. Avoiding people.

For example, today I - unfortunately - met that old neighbor I had. The consequence was:
1) I spent 50 dollars in taxis
2) I spent 70 dollars in restaurant
3) I met the bitch at the restaurant who stared at me
4) the old friend now says she'll get in touch with me next week - more money down the toilet

How did this happen? I didn't call a cab but walked to the train station to go grab a taxi and the taxi station.

There I met that whore, former neighbor of mine.

120 dollars wasted

So, yeah, it is good to avoid people. But what do I do when I can't avoid people?

Let's see.

Well, first of all, one good thing to do in the future is to answer her text message and saying I don't feel like meeting her again, as politely as possible.

What about the other situations...?

Problems:
1) the lady who slammed the door, and how much I hate her
2) the lady who stared at me, and how much I'd like her to die
3) the trades I missed
4) the mistakes I made
5) my parents
6) the child screaming

Solutions:
1) pretend it's not a person, but an inanimate object making the noise, like an airplane or a truck, or an animal at the zoo - what difference does it make if I have an ape next door? I don't get mad at stupid animals or inanimate objects. I only get mad at humans that behave like animals. So find tricks to stop thinking about her and to stop hating her.
2) try to stop thinking about it
3) stop thinking about them
4) stop thinking about them
5) stop thinking about them
6) pretend it's some sort of animal or that you're in the jungle, or go sleep somewhere else

I don't know. I can see no other way than to say to myself: stop thinking about it. It almost seems too simple to work.

Recapitulating, the two things that I have to remind myself of is to:
1) the opposite of touchy:
http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/touchy
Antonyms for touchy
calm
certain
collected
easy
firm
insensitive
safe
stable
strong
sure
easygoing
laid-back
unflappable
wow, unflappable:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/unflappable
adjective
(informal) hard to upset; imperturbable; calm; composed
I have to learn to be imperturbable.

Wow, that's it.

Then...

2) what was the other one? Not perfectionist, but let's find the perfectionist sense of pedantic. Only the bad side of perfectionism.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/perfectionist?s=t
noun
a person who adheres to or believes in perfectionism.
a person who demands perfection of himself, herself, or others.
Already the second one would explain all the problems I have in my daily life. Slamming the door bothers me so much because I am touchy and also because I... "demand perfection of others". Slamming your door is not necessary, it bothers others, so it is not a perfect behavior.

But let's find an even better term for the useless part of my perfectionism, in other words, I want to remain a perfectionist but only in the things that I can change and in the things that matter.

No need to be a perfectionist by trying to make every trade profitable, because that will blow out my account. No need to turn every human from the apes they are into a polite person, because that'll ruin my life. They will remain apes.

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/perfectionist
Synonyms for perfectionist
noun stickler
fusspot
idealist
purist
quibbler
formalist
fussbudget

The two that represent best the part of my perfectionism that I want to eliminate are:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nitpick
verb (used without object)
to be excessively concerned with or critical of inconsequential details.
verb (used with object)
to criticize by focusing on inconsequential details.
noun
a carping, petty criticism.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fussbudget
noun
a fussy or needlessly fault-finding person.

I am ****ed. I can't even find a univocal way of defining my problem. There's so many terms and different ways of describing it.

But if I want to solve it, I have to stop doing something that I am doing. Let's try it again:

1) getting offended

that's it.

There was only one. Because after all, the markets, by denying my vision of things, and depriving me of profit, are offending me.

It's more about getting offended than about my perfectionism.

If I just focus on not getting offended in every field of my life, this will probably work.

STOP GETTING OFFENDED, AT ALL COSTS.

Ilse Werner used to sing: sing a song whenever you are sad and it would be a nice ending to this post, but it's not right. I have to be in a state of mind, whereby I don't even get sad or offended.

but let's post it anyway:

If I can achieve this, it will be my greatest feat.

Becoming insensitive to people. Going from oversensitive and touchy to completely insensitive. How about that? This would be great.

Yes, because the only way I see to not be offended is to become insensitive to people, and to things, because somehow I also take offense at the markets.

It's maybe about losing my ego, my reputation. I just should stop caring about inconsequential things. Forgetting even about the concept of respect. I am not living in a society where a lack of respect is dangerous. I am not getting property stolen because the neighbor is slamming her door.

Sure, she is impolite and this is a lack of respect, but since I will never go and tell her, then it doesn't make sense to waste my life hating her. It doesn't make sense to worry about problems I cannot solve.

Last edited:
I just had another intuition.

Somehow deep inside me there is a conviction and an expectation that the offender will be punished, and is to be punished and that I should do my best to punish it.

This is very clear to me when I see colleagues not doing their jobs: working poorly, not working at all, wasting time, pretending they're working.

I try everything to make them change and/or punish them for their behavior: I tell them, I tell the boss, I despise them.

Taxi drivers: I get into the cab and I see they're hiding the taximeter. I tell them to uncover it by lifting lowering the central seats (many of them have a model of FIAT called MULTIPLA). I keep telling them until they either do as I asked or ask me to get out of the car.

In the same way with people who stare at me or disrespect me in any other way or don't follow the rules.

I feel the need to fix everything around me.

In the same way, I find it unbearable that GBL or another future shouldn't behave according to my order of things, to the way I pictured the next leg of the chart.

In other words, I am also a control freak, which is a concept close to perfectionist, and also close to what we were saying of my future "Don't get offended" motto, because a perfectionist and a control freak basically gets offended and feels disrespected when he feels people are not behaving according to their rules. He takes it personally if someone is impolite and he takes it personally if the market wrongs him by going in another direction than the one he expected.

But control freaks are the way they are because they are effective at predicting things, because things can be studied and always behave the same way. But they get mad when they try to do the same thing with humans and financial markets, because these are neither as predictable nor as manageable as regular inanimate objects.

So I need at all costs to get rid of this urge, typical of control freaks, to fix things/people and to punish those who don't conform to my sense of optimal things, and rules. And of course I don't mean just the law, because there is no law forbidding people from looking at me. I mean politeness, too. I felt the urge to punish this lady who was looking at me. As I feel the urge people who go to watch bullfights, so even people who don't break the law and who don't do any damage to me. Basically I feel the need to shape everyone around me to behave as i believe they should behave.

This means being a control freak. And in this sense, once again, I am similar to Hitler, and it is not necessarily a bad thing, in that it stems from exercising your will power. It's a side effect of working hard and trying to use your will power to affect the world around you. People who slack off don't have this problem. It's those who work hard who have this problem.

But you see, if you try to build a house, and overdo it, it won't fall. It will probably be finished earlier than if you didn't try. But if you tried too hard with the markets... you will blow out your account. So control freak isn't necessarily a bad thing, and it doesn't have side effects in every field. A painter or a scientist will probably be a control freak and will do the right thing. But for a trader is different. And also for someone who works with other people at a bank for example. You have to accept that they won't behave as you expect them to behave or else your plans will fail, because you will be relying on things you cannot rely on.

So I am going to have problems with discretionary trading if I want to keep being a control freak. Because, once I will rely on events that will not happen, this failure to shape the markets will cause me to get angry, so angry that I am irrational, so irrational that I don't trade according to statistics, but as if I were physically fighting a person. In other words, the usual martingale philosophy of "I will keep betting in the same direction". But once you run out of money, especially if you don't much money to begin with, this method stops working. With infinite money it would definitely work.

I have to stop fighting the world, and expecting to shape everything according to my wishes. I do this at home, I do this at the bank, I do this with trading. I have to stop being a vengeful touchy control freak.

I have to accept the idea that people and things will not behave according to my desires and expectations.

So I either understand this, that I can't bend everything according to my desires, or it's never going to work.

Last edited:
I may sound like I am going crazy, and maybe I am a little bit. But I have to obsess and force myself to break the structure where my mind has been moving, back and forth, for decades.

This structure is a structure where people must fit my boxes of optimal behaviors or I will despise them and hate them and, as I said, I also apply this to the stock market.

I have to break this screwed up mindset and adopt one where people are how they are, I am how I am, and I have to work with the reality I have around me, rather than work on the reality I would like around me.

In other words, I can't keep saying that at work I only have a 5% of good people and that I refuse to interact with anyone else, except if that is in my interest. But I should not look down and despite that 95%. I should not fight the way they are. It's not within my means to change them. I should make the best of what I have and this first of all means to not let them know that I hate them, and even better not hate them.

In the same way, I can't force the markets to go where I expect them to go. I can try to understand and I can be right or wrong, but I cannot expect them to always go where I think they will go.

I have to stop fighting reality, confuse it with expectations, and I have to accept that things around me are not going to go according to my expectations, and that I can't improve things by getting angry.

I know I am repeating myself, but this is very important, because if I can figure this out, i can also fix my life to a certain extent.

ACCEPT REALITY AND THAT IT WILL CONTRADICT YOUR EXPECTATIONS - DO NOT GET ANGRY AT REALITY - ADAPT TO REALITY, ADAPT YOUR EXPECTATIONS.

Goddamn it, my parents as a child told me to be nice, honest, sincere, and work hard. I did all this, and I came outside into the world, expecting others to be doing the same thing.

In elementary school, it wasn't the case. Junior High school, it wasn't the case, highschool wasn't the case, college wasn't the case, workplace wasn't the case... OK, after all these years, it's time for me to realize that this is the wrong expectation, rather than keep on hating everyone who contradicts this expectation.

In much the same way, once I realize that the Bund can actually go above 145, then why I am still short on the Bund at 152?

What the hell is wrong in my mind? Why was I somewhere taught that if you try hard enough, you will eventually make it?

This is clearly another mistake and so this is one assumption that should be changed as well.

I am intelligent, but I am not special, and I am not blessed by the gods, so it's time to start observing reality rather than shaping it as if I were Adolf Hitler or Benito Mussolini, who by the way didn't have great success in the end, as Jesse Livermore didn't.

In fact, this is why all these years I've been curious and fascinated by Hitler, because, other than the killing of minorities which I disagree with, he has been the most successful dictator of the last few hundred years (just as Livermore, and for the same reason in the end they failed -- too much daring) and, deep inside, I have been dreaming of being a dictator for a long time. And we definitely share being control freaks.

Among the other things I've listed that I have in common with Hitler (a few posts ago), I had forgotten these two:
1) we both don't like being touched
2) we both like to eat the same things over and over again, day after day, week, month, year
Everyone always gets surprised that I can eat the same exact meal every day for months and years.

Anyway, despite all this history that I am learning, actually precisely because of this, it's time that I realize that I have to stop having Hitler and Livermore as role models. Trying to conquer the world will lead me to nothing. Screw megalomania and these delusions of grandeur.

Never let them tempt you again.

Last edited:
more on mannerheim, the guy who secretly taped hitler's conversation with him:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Gustaf_Emil_Mannerheim

On Mannerheim's role in defending Jews
http://www.jewishquarterly.org/issuearchive/article8d14.html?articleid=194
Despite sixty years’ intensive research and thousands of publications, certain aspects of the Second World War are still little known or remain to be discovered. It is only now, since the collapse of the Soviet Union, for example, that we can reconstruct the full story of Finland’s participation in the war.

Consider the paradoxes. Finland fought on the German side (although it always refused to call itself an ally and insisted that it was only a co-belligerent). Yet it refused to deport, persecute or even discriminate against its Jewish population. And the country even behaved humanely towards Jewish prisoners of war.

Even stranger, Jewish soldiers fought in the Finnish ranks as equals – thereby, inevitably, helping the Germans achieve some of their war aims. Yet in doing so, I will argue, they also served Jewish interests. This article explains the background to these startling anomalies.

There was no Jewish population in Finland before 1809, when it became part of the Russian Empire. In 1827 Tsar Nicholas I issued an edict requiring Jewish boys from the age of 12 – who became known as cantonists - to undertake 25 years of compulsory military service. The main aim of this edict, abolished only in 1856, was to assimilate and eventually convert Jews to Christianity. Yet the soldiers who completed their military service were allowed to live anywhere in the Russian Empire, and many remained in the last place where they had been stationed. Hence some Jewish soldiers settled in Finland and, since there were no Jewish brides there, asked matchmakers from the Pale of Settlement to help them find wives. In the absence of railways unmarried girls and widows were transported by horse-driven cart. (When former cantonists were asked ‘How did you meet your wife?’ they would reply ‘I got her from a cart.’) This was the beginning of the Finnish Jewish community...

Very interesting story. There's more at the link above.

Here's another nice quote:
During the war, the lives of the Finnish Jews continued as before: synagogues and communal institutions functioned and the Jewish newspaper was published. Three hundred Jewish officers and soldiers served in the Finnish army during the Continuation War (eight were killed in battle).

Yet they faced an agonizing dilemma. Those who took part in the Winter War knew that they were fighting against an aggressor. Now Jewish soldiers understood that, by serving in an army fighting the USSR, they were also helping Hitler. Throughout the Continuation War, they had to collaborate with the Germans. Some who were fluent in German served in the Intelligence Service and so, throughout constant liaison with German Intelligence, acquired information about the extermination of European Jewry. On the other hand, Jewish soldiers remembered the words of Marshal Mannerheim when Himmler tried to persuade Finnish leaders to deport the Jews to concentration camps: ‘While Jews serve in my army I will not allow their deportation.’ By serving in the Finnish army Jewish soldiers hoped to prevent the community from being persecuted.

The maintenance of Jewish religious tradition was of paramount importance to soldiers fighting on the Finnish—Soviet front. A field synagogue was established a mere 2 kilometres from the German troops. This was the only field synagogue on the German side of the 2,000-mile front line which in 1942 stretched all the way from the North Cape in Norway to El Alamein in Egypt. The Finnish High Command granted leave to Jewish soldiers on Saturdays and Jewish holidays. Worshippers came to pray from near and far, some on skis, some on horseback, most on foot. The Germans were astonished and frustrated to see Jewish soldiers holding religious services in an army tent. It is also interesting to note that the most popular Finnish singer, the ‘soldier’s sweetheart’ (or Finnish Vera Lynn), was Jewish. Yet she entertained only Finnish soldiers and refused to do the same for the Germans.

Three Jews serving in the Finnish army were awarded Iron Crosses by the German command for their bravery (Hannu Rautkallio, ‘Cast into the Lion’s Den’, Journal of Contemporary History 29, 1994). Major Leo Skurnik was a descendant of one of the oldest cantonist Jewish families. He served as a doctor, organized the evacuation of a German field hospital and thereby saved the lives of more than 600 German officers and soldiers. He refused to accept the decoration on the grounds of being a Jew. Captain Solomon Klass saved a German company that had been surrounded by Soviet forces. Two days later, German officers came to offer him the Iron Cross. He refused to stand up and told them contemptuously that he was Jewish and did not want their medal. The officers repeated their ‘Heil Hitler’ salute and left. A third Jew, a nurse, also refused the Iron Cross.

It is obvious that the policy of the Finnish authorities towards the Jews was in striking contrast with the situation not only in Germany but in its allies and in occupied countries such as France where the Vichy government actively helped to round up the Jews. One of the main reasons for this was the personality of the great Finnish leader Carl Gustav Mannerheim (1867—1951). He was a general of the Imperial Russian Army, served as a Garde du Chevalier officer to the Tsarina and accompanied Tsar Nicholas II and the Tsarina during their coronation in Moscow in 1896. He was also a scientist and explorer of Asia and the Far East.

After the Russian Revolution in 1917 he became a leader of the Finnish army which suppressed a rebellion by Bolshevik forces. It was as a result of this that Finland became an independent state. During the period from 1927 to 1939 he built the system of fortifications along the border with the USSR known as ‘the Mannerheim Line’ – which the Soviet Union in 1939 paid a heavy price in breaking through. Stalin long remembered the lesson he had been taught by Mannerheim: fierce Finnish resistance saved the country from becoming a Soviet Republic.

Mannerheim’s war aims were quite different from those of the Germans he fought alongside. He merely wanted to recover Finnish territory lost in the Winter War and to preserve the country’s independence. He had no desire to destroy the USSR because, as he once put it, ‘Russia will always be our neighbour.’ And he never pursued Hitler’s racial policies. Indeed he helped ensure that Finnish Jews had equal rights with the Christian majority.

One of the decisive battles of the Second World War was the siege of Leningrad. At the end of August 1941 the city was completely surrounded by German and Finnish troops, with the latter holding positions almost all round Lake Ladoga. The Russians controlled only part of its south-eastern shore. Because food stocks were destroyed by German bombers, a million inhabitants of Leningrad died of hunger and cold during the unusually harsh winter of 1941-2.

The only way in and out of the city was over Lake Ladoga. Hence, under the most difficult conditions, a road – known as ‘the road of life’ - was built from Leningrad to unoccupied Soviet territory via the frozen lake. It was along this road that hundreds of thousands of children, sick and wounded were evacuated from Leningrad during 1941-2, and food, armaments and ammunition brought into the city.

If it had not been for this road, Leningrad would never have been able to survive and fight on against the Germans. Yet the Finnish troops positioned around the lake could easily have destroyed ‘the road of life’. Hitler proclaimed at the beginning of the war that he would raze Leningrad to the ground. This did not happen purely because Mannerheim did not want it to happen and so refused to order his troops to attack ‘the road of life’.

If Finland had not occupied the Karelian Isthmus and the shores of Lake Ladoga, the Germans would have been there - and Leningrad would have been doomed. Mannerheim’s decision saved an important city and the 150,000 Jews (including my father) who lived and worked there during the siege.

Equally significant were the two naval ports which had not frozen over, Murmansk and Archangelsk, in the north of the USSR. Since Britain and the USA organized Arctic convoys to deliver armaments, ammunition, vehicles and food, the Germans often asked Mannerheim to bomb the railways to the ports and to cut off communications with the north. At the beginning of 1943, Hitler came to Finland for a day to congratulate Mannerheim on his 75th birthday. According to standard Soviet historians, Mannerheim assured Hitler that the Finnish army would undertake these operations after the fall of Leningrad (History of the Great Patriotic War 1941—1945, vol. 2, [Moscow, 1961]).Yet this was just a ruse to gain time - he did not want Hitler to defeat the Soviet Union.

It was because of Mannerheim that Finland remained an independent state, unlike the many East European countries which became satellites of the Soviet Union. Finnish Jews continued to have every opportunity to live as a vibrant community or to emigrate to Israel. Twenty-seven Jews with battle experience went there in 1948 to take part in the War of Independence.

In 2005 an exhibition dedicated to Marshal Mannerheim was held at the Hermitage museum in St Petersburg, and Finnish historians had an opportunity to show for the first time Mannerheim’s role in saving Leningrad. It is here, perhaps, that the Finnish Jewish soldiers who took part in the Second World War on the German side can take consolation. By fighting alongside the Germans, paradoxically, they helped to save not only the Finnish Jewish community but the Jewish community of Leningrad as well.

Last edited:
I have to learn to discern between good fights and bad fights. Winning fights and losing fights. Persistence, which characterizes me, is not always good.

I tend to persist in a losing argument (or rather an argument with a person who won't be convinced) in the same way I persist in a losing trade.

Persistence should be applied where it is profitable.

Hitler was persistent, too, but he went the wrong way, so his persistence rewarded him up until he invaded france, and punished him from then on.

Daring and persisting like Hitler is the only way to achieve something great, but there are also drawbacks, such as big losses, and to achieve something great without incurring the great losses, you have to learn to say stop to your own persistence, and realize that it is not always a quality -- that it is not always a quality to try to have your way.

You have to accept that sometimes you won't have your way and that you have to stop fighting reality in those cases.

The great advantages that I have, compared to hitler, are these:
1) I can make many mistakes and without risking my life each time: he only made the one mistake of attacking russia and he had to carry that trade open for the next 4 years, until his account was wiped out. And, supposedly, he killed himself, just like Jesse Livermore.
2) I don't need to respond to anyone, just to myself, least of all to the world, for my actions. So, complete freedom. Throughout his life, for his decisions, they tried to kill him 41 times.
3) I have set out to achieve something much smaller. To make a living from trading is not like conquering the world.
4) I can practice. He could not practice. Every choice he made had immediate large-scale consequences. I can place fictitious trades and their result will be the same as real trades: no effect on the market.

We could say that Hitler and Livermore were geniuses but that they dared too much and that they didn't know when to stop. And we have to stress out that they failed, and I think they failed because of it. And I think the same applies to my trading so far, although of course I am not a genius.

But a hard-working and persistent person who sets out to achieve a smaller task and learns when to stop (as in "stoploss") is probably more likely to succeed, in achieving his task, than two geniuses who set out to conquer the world and dared increasingly, as in a delirium of omnipotence.

Last edited:
Training oneself in emotional control is for many people, myself included, extremely difficult. For some it's impossible. For a very few, it is perhaps easy.

Battle of Crete

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luftlandeschlacht_um_Kreta

watch at minute 3, the Ride of the Valkyries, which reminded me of this (maybe that's where Coppola got the idea):

starting at minute 11, Allied version of the invasion of crete

it briefly mentions max schmeling at min 11 and lord haw-haw at minute 13
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Schmeling
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Haw-Haw

All this started one month before Hitler did what screwed everything up: attacking russia. Until here everything was going perfectly. In just one month, Hitler will do what I did in early May 2014, the decision that blew out my account. Daring too much. Letting your success get to your head.

last 2 minutes on crete, but the whole documentary on Fallschirmjäger (paratroopers) is excellent (this video clip is only part 3)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falls...I)#The_Parachutist.27s_.22Ten_Commandments.22
A revealing document captured from a German paratrooper who was taken prisoner in Greece reveals much of the Fallschirmjägers elite attitude. Titled the Ten Commandments[17][18] it listed the following instructions:

1) You are the chosen ones of the German Army. You shall seek combat and train yourselves to endure any manner of test. To you, battle shall be the fulfillment.
2) Cultivate true comradeship, for by the aid of your comrades you will conquer or die.
3) Beware of talking. Be not corruptible. Men act while women chatter. Chatter may bring you to the grave.
4) Be calm and prudent, strong and resolute. Valour and enthusiasm of an offensive spirit will cause you to prevail in the attack.
5) The most precious thing in the presence of the foe is ammunition. He who shoots uselessly, merely to comfort himself, is a man of straw who merits not the title of Fallschirmjäger.
6) Never surrender; to you death or victory must be a point of honour.
7) You can triumph only if your weapons are good. See to it that you submit yourself to this law - first thy weapon, then thyself.
8) You must grasp the full purpose of every enterprise, so that if your leader is killed you can fulfill it.
9) Against an open foe, fight with chivalry, but to a guerrilla, extend no quarter.
10) Keep your eyes wide open. Tune yourself to the utmost pitch. Be nimble as a greyhound, tough as leather, hard as Krupp steel. You shall be the German warrior incarnate.

I'm going to try and translate the fallschirmjaeger Ten Commandments into ones for traders:
1) You are the chosen ones of humans. You shall seek combat and train yourselves to endure any manner of test. To you, battle shall be the fulfillment.

THIS WOULD MAKE SENSE. As I said, the problems I have in trading mirror the problems I have in my daily life: not accepting contradictions and things not going my way. Being a sore loser. Great insight from them. And a confirmation that I am right about changing my character in every area of my life -- if it's possible (otherwise I will not be profitable).

2) Cultivate true comradeship, for by the aid of your comrades you will conquer or die.
NOT APPLICABLE: a trader is entirely alone.

3) Beware of talking. Be not corruptible. Men act while women chatter. Chatter may bring you to the grave.
EXCEPT for being racist against women, this is good. Talking, like I do here, can only go so far. And it may be counter-productive. I might have done things better and faster, had I not written so much here.

4) Be calm and prudent, strong and resolute. Valour and enthusiasm of an offensive spirit will cause you to prevail in the attack.
THIS is good for anyone and at any time. NOT APPLICABLE: too much into one sentence.

5) The most precious thing in the presence of the foe is ammunition. He who shoots uselessly, merely to comfort himself, is a man of straw who merits not the title of Fallschirmjäger.
RIGHT, good. No overtrading. Every extra trade is a bullet wasted.

6) Never surrender; to you death or victory must be a point of honour.
THIS is very interesting because the trader must do the exact opposite. But I guess the wehrmacht didn't care if a soldier died, so it tried to instill in them the indifference to death. If I die or if I kill my account or if I stay in a losing trade, then I am a bad trader. Because I won't be able to keep fighting. If instead I surrender and close the trade, the difference is that I am not captured by the markets like a soldier would. I am free to fight again. If instead I stay in a losing trade, that is equivalent to being captured by the markets. So interesting difference: in war if you surrender, the battle is over. In trading, if you surrender, you're immediately freed, and you get to fight again.

7) You can triumph only if your weapons are good. See to it that you submit yourself to this law - first thy weapon, then thyself.
WELL, this also applies to trading: it is equivalent to your platform and to your tools for analysis of the markets, and I guess also your own brain and state of mind.

8) You must grasp the full purpose of every enterprise, so that if your leader is killed you can fulfill it.
NOT APPLICABLE: in trading you're your own leader and you have no teammates.

9) Against an open foe, fight with chivalry, but to a guerrilla, extend no quarter.
NOT APPLICABLE: you are automatically forced to respect the rules by the exchange.

10) Keep your eyes wide open. Tune yourself to the utmost pitch. Be nimble as a greyhound, tough as leather, hard as Krupp steel. You shall be the German warrior incarnate.
GOOD: optimize yourself. Always applicable of course.

Look at these paratroopers, at second 50 to 60:

They're captured, in front of allied cameras and they still do the nazi salute. This tells us how deeply ingrained it was in them.

All their campaigns:

This second part of the documentary was quite striking to me, I mean Monte Cassino in particular, because I remembered that while these guys were fighting to keep Italy from being conquered by the Allies, the Italians themselves were quitting and surrendering and even switching sides.

Seeing what the Germans achieved then and today, and the Japanese, you'd think: these people have both brains and the will to die for their country, so either of these two people will end up conquering the world, in the long term. Whereas instead, what ends up happening, at least so far, is that the more moderate ones are the ones who win in the long run.

The Germans and the Japanese had everything it took to win, and yet they lost. This could also be a lesson for trading, where sheer will power won't achieve everything.

Last edited:
Haunebu I

Definitely true, UFOs are nothing but German technology brought to the US through operation Paperclip and they're experimenting with it but don't tell us about it.

http://www.raumfahrtmuseum.com/1_Vo...ugscheiben/Flugkreisel_Haunebu_I_bis_III.html

Ausschnitt_aus_der_Akte_GK_HB-I_0012-02_der_SS-Entwicklungsstelle_IV_1939.jpg

Articles from New York Times:
http://foofighters.greyfalcon.us/search2.html

nazinew.jpg

ny.gif

The fact that all these clues are being ignored nowadays should make you think.

http://www.saturdaynightuforia.com/html/articles/articlehtml/foofightersofworldwariipartone.html
December 28: We have only seven operational aircraft now as replacements are snow-bound at Setif, North Africa. The Ops. Report says: "1st patrol saw 2 sets of 3 red and white lights. One appeared on port side, the other on starboard at 1,000 to 2,000 feet to rear and closing in. Beau went out, nothing on GCI [Illegible] at the time." And then again: Observed lights suspended in air, moving slowly in no general direction and then disappeared. Lights were orange, and appeared singly and in pairs. These lights were observed 4 or 5 times throughout the period.

By now someone could have addressed this evidence and explained it, but instead it has been ignored.

http://thecid.com/ufo/articles/articles/lusar.htm
The most likely scenario is that there was indeed a German turbojet-powered saucer project; that the persons named did indeed work on it; that it was indeed investigated by both the Americans and the Soviets in great secrecy after the war.
However, it is also apparent that it was a technological dead end (given the fact we are not flying in saucer airliners). The same was true of a lot of Nazi technology about which there is no question - the ramjet, the flying wing, the delta wing, the rocket fighter, the Saenger Antipodal boost-glide bomber. All of these were investigated at enormous expense after the war, often with the assistance of captured German engineers. Prototypes were tested, and the technology was often found to offer advantages. But in no case did the technology divert the course of current aerospace technology.

This may be because the technology didn't work as advertised. The Avrocar had stability problems and was not officially known to have been pursued further. The Silverbug design has a lot of complex draggy rotating machinery and inlets. It may be that wind tunnel tests revealed it could never reach the advertised supersonic speeds (the Air Force report has a whiff of skepticism in this regard). Heavily classified 'black' programs have always been a good place to bury Congressional examination of expensive technical failures.

It may also be, as Lusar hinted and Cook asserts, that the technology worked but would be disruptive to the entrenched aerospace-industrial complex.

Last edited:
A loss, in trading like in life, paralyzes me. If I get offended by someone I am very very hurt. And I am unable to drop it, to let it go, quit. I tend to engage in a fight to the death. With people and with the markets. I am a really sore loser basically. Also when I play the strategy game risk. I take all losses very personally, in every field. Maybe because my father taught me that I always have to be the best and win. Big problem to fix in my head.

It's time to go to bed. I want you to know that I've been doing a lot of those kreuzwort puzzles. And I am getting quite good at it, to the point that I don't need sometimes to even search on the web to investigate on the answer. I am to the point that I am doing about one of them per day on weekdays and two of them per day on weekends. This is my last one (I attached the solutions on the bottom, just in case, from the following issue of the weekly newspaper):

19400724.jpg

I have done in total about 5 of them. This absolutely excellent an idea:
1) I learn German
2) I learn the Fraktur alphabet, which is very confusing, for example capital N is almost identical to capital R -- check it out, I put an arrow in the picture above. But N and R are really the hardest ones. For the rest of the characters it is a matter of learning them, and then you won't confuse them. What do I need to understand Fraktur for? I am studying German first of all to understand nazism, which started in 1920. And Fraktur was used up to 1941. So, in case I ever understand written and spoken German (still far from it), I need to be able to read this script fluently, too, or else I will be reluctant to read anything written from 1920 to 1941.
3) I learn history
4) the quiz keeps me going, because it's an addicting riddle

What I've learned is that despite appearances their culture is still very close to ours: Austria of 1940 is very close to the Italy I know today. As I'll get better, I will try to go back in time, although I don't think they had similar quizzes in the previous century. Another interesting thing would be to find kreuzwort with a specific focus on political events of the period, but obviously they're staying away from it. I still found nothing on the politics of the time, after 5 crossword puzzles.

Now I'll turn off my computer. After spending all weekend at home studying, I feel much more balanced and focused on what my objectives need to be. Yeah, I don't think that it is necessary to be around people to be balanced. Actually the opposite.

Last edited:
10 May 1940

10 May 1940:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_World_War_II_(1940)#May_1940
Germany invades Belgium, France, Luxembourg and the Netherlands; Winston Churchill becomes Prime Minister of the United Kingdom upon the resignation of Neville Chamberlain. The United Kingdom invades Iceland.

I was thinking of these two things:
1) Like in real life, in a peaceful situation, it is very easy to win a fight, with a blitz krieg, because, as the attacker, you choose if, when, who, where to attack. That is how Hitler won so quickly against so many countries. The technology was great and the distances were small. If France for example had attacked Germany in the same way Germany attacked France, obviously the French would have conquered Germany just same, although probably not entirely and/or not as quickly. But instead they waited, because they were peaceful, just like we are all peaceful in real life, when someone really angry comes and attacks us -- he has a clear advantage. So, yeah, Germany was strong and smart, but let us never forget that the French and all the others were waiting, because they didn't want to start a war.

2) Connected to the first point, it must be noted that Churchill took over just on May 10th, because most likely, especially if Hitler hadn't sunk any ships nor bombed anything, Chamberlain just as the French prime minister Reynaud, did not want war, and would have let Hitler get away with Poland's invasion. They were just hoping he wouldn't go any further. So, yes, they declared war on September 3rd, but they still would have left Germany alone.

So the most important date of ww2 is not really September 3rd, 1939, but more May 10th, 1940, in the sense that, after that date, Hitler could not change his mind anymore and had to win it.

I would say these are the crucial date in order of decreasing importance:
May 10th, 1940: after this date, Hitler has to defeat both France and England
June 22nd, 1941: after this date, Hitler has to defeat both England and Russia - the war is lost on this date.
September 3rd, 1939: after this date, Hitler has to defeat Poland, but he could still avoid a war with the Allies, despite their war declaration.

If Hitler wasn't sure of attacking England, he never should have bombed anything nor sunk any of its ships. Despite this, however, he still could have avoided a real war, as long as Chamberlain was in place and before he attacked the Low Countries and France.

So, in summary, Hitler made a choice on May 10th, 1940, which implicated a war against England as well, but he didn't carry through with it, when he instead attacked Russia, a year later. So, the mistake was the typical mistake of starting a second task once you haven't completed the previous one.

Another thing, I think that at this point, after invading France, it didn't make any sense not to invade Switzerland as well.

Another point I want to make: the fact that Hitler, as he claimed, was forced into a war that he didn't want... hmm, i think that is one of the lies he repeated. Because, as I explained, it seems to me that he had many many possibilities to not go on with a war, and to not start it even.

In September 1939, he said Poland attacked Germany, while it was clearly the opposite. So, anyway, first opportunity missed.

As I said, in May 1940, he showed once again he wanted the war, because the French and the others were leaving him alone.

He further showed it in June 22nd, 1941, when he attacked the Soviets, who had been leaving him alone.

Let alone all the countries he attacked between May 1940 and June 1941 (Yugoslavia, Greece... etc.).

---

More on Germany's mistakes:

1) mistake of not producing more U-boats
2) mistake of bombing cities instead of ships (or air fields and fight planes, as in previous video, #2 of 13)
3) mistake of not taking Moscow first
4) more... (see video)

Last edited:
I mean, in my index.html, where I keep all my monitored markets, I had some tips from BC Lund, which I quoted, that said:
http://bclund.com/2012/04/08/the-10-commandments-of-trading/
"Remove your emotions
Understand that you will lose on more trades than you will win on; that is just part of the game. If you are the type that always has to be “right” you are going to have a hard time becoming a successful trader. The market is perpetual, it continues on no matter what you think about it with no knowledge that you exist.

Cut your losses
It’s pretty simple. You will not make it in the markets if you can’t cut your losses. You have to be confident in yourself as a trader to know there are an infinite amount of opportunities in the markets and that you can capitalize on them. That gives you the ability to let the losers go."

It seems written expressly for me:
"If you are the type that always has to be “right” you are going to have a hard time..."
"You will not make it in the markets if you can’t cut your losses..."

As suggested to everyone by BC Lund, cfr. previous post, I, too, have to stop being a person who feels the need to always be right and always impress and always be the best.

Even at work, where I am now, I am always trying to be the fastest, the most efficient... what for? When I had the opportunity to leave this place, I blew it, and precisely by rushing things -- investing everything on GBL, and wanting to be right on it. I lost 44k out of the 47k I had.

But I had to be right. I could not tolerate being contradicted by the markets. I had to make money faster and faster. I could not take a loss, go down a couple of thousands and even going down 500 dollars hurt me. Let alone 10 thousands... and each time, by not accepting losses, at first small and later bigger and bigger... each time I postponed the day of reckoning.

Until now, when my fight to the death with GBL has completely destroyed my account. But it would have been the same on most other markets (I was long on everything except GBL, where I was short, and everything went in the opposite direction).

Jesse Livermore, Adolf Hitler and many others before me have achieved the same failures, through the same methods of all or nothing. For a few moments of glory. Just to be able to say "I don't give up" and "I am not a quitter".

What a disaster, this militaristic attitude. My father was from the military, although he later went on to become a professor and a politician. Hitler, too, definitely had that attitude. He certainly would have said that quitting was for jews. He called "jewish" anything he disliked. Well, the jews are the ones who make money anyway. Some terms Hitler used in Mein Kampf, on page 736, referring to jews and finance: "Finanzjudentum", "Börsenjudentum", "...den maßgebenden jüdischen Börsenkräften...".

Anyway, i was saying: the people who don't quit instead, all end up committing suicide. Hitler, Livermore... but not me. I don't accept the nazi propaganda that you have to fight till the death, and commit suicide if you fail, before being captured, or die in battle. If the alternative is between being a nazi who dies in battle or commits suicide and a jew who acts intelligently, I would rather become a jew. A smart person. Not an idiot who follows what was inculcated in him as a child, despite evidence to the contrary.

But what's interesting is that in all the races and competitions I was a big quitter. They even wrote in the school paper about a cycling race: this guy did this, this other guy did that, and travis quit the race.

So if even for a bicycle race I don't behave like nazi paratroopers, who have their ten commandments (cfr. previous post) that say that rather than surrerendering you should prefer death, if I am immune to this stupidity of sacrificing myself for my country or for the sake of not quitting a race, then why do I sacrifice myself to the altar of the Bund mother****er?

Maybe I thought I was actually going to make money. Or maybe I was in denial about reality.

That is what I think. I was at once in denial about reality, and precisely because, having been taught... rather than "never quit", I was taught "you must always be the best" and "you are the best, do not disappoint me" (by my father)... so it is not about quitting, although it sounded right.

It is about being in denial about being wrong. And I am in denial because I was brought up with the illusion that I was perfect, or rather that I had to be perfect, and I achieved this:
1) by being a perfectionist
2) by being in denial when I wasn't perfect ==> and this leads to losing all this money on the BUND

In other words I should still be a perfectionist, where it is useful, but I should get rid of this habit of being in denial when I cannot be perfect, like in trading. And I should also abolish being perfect out of pride.

The objective should be to improve your life, so you're orderly because it pays off, not because you're supposed to be flawless and have symmetrical days... or similar... which in the end would lead to being obsessive-compulsive, which I am not.

Very complex thing. Removing all these things from my life, things that I even have a hard time describing, or rather: things that can be described in so many ways.

But luckily they can still be summarized as "stop fearing to be wrong" and "stop desiring to be right and perfect".

In a way I should become "easy-going" but only as far as these things, and still remain a perfectionist where it pays off.

Last edited: