my journal 3

Last Vegas (2013)

This could be worth watching. Depressing theme, but I've already watched 13 minutes of it and still haven't turned it off.

18 minutes into it, and still watching it.

Yeah, this is good. Still watching it after 28 minutes.

Nope, it is failing, but only after one hour. At 1:03 I can tell that it's not going anywhere. It's not good enough to be finished, but i'll finish it as a sign of respect to robert de niro, my favorite actor.

At 1:16 I have to turn it off by how bad it is getting.

Actually, I kept watching it and it redeems itself. The only problem with this movie is all the parts with that disrespectful kid who then becomes scared of them (at 1:16 and later... these stupid scenes make the movie go from a 4 star to a 3 star) and that Mary Steenburgen is not good-looking enough to be credible in that part. For the rest it is not a masterpiece, but pretty good.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/last_vegas_2013/
An almost ridiculously strong cast and a witty script by the writer of Crazy Stupid Love make this silly film a lot more entertaining than it should be.
January 2, 2014

Rich Cline
Contactmusic.com
I agree.

Last edited:
Health update.

I am still hearing the tinnitus as loud as ever.

I even heard it at work. First time in my life.

Yeah.

Scary.

But this is what it is. I can't deny, and I can't make it go away.

I am not protected by the gods, and the gods do not exist as far as I can tell.

The more time will pass, the more I'll get used to this. If I am talking or working, I can't hear this tinnitus, because it is not loud enough to remember it is there.

If it is quiet, I hear it. Definitely.

If I am not focused on something else, I hear it, even during the day.

It is all due to the injections. No doubt about it. The doctors said it would not happen, and they said it is "temporary".

Yeah, "temporary" until my death. I guess that's their way to bull**** patients long enough so they're out of their reach by the time patients realize they've been fooled.

"Temporary" and in order not to feel bad about lying they mentally add "temporary... till your death".

So... I am temporarily screwed.

I was temporarily perfectly healthy, but my parents wouldn't let me enjoy my health when I was young. I had to stay busy studying, learning, helping others.

Now that I am temporarily screwed, their attitude is still the same, and so I had to rely on myself as a sick man, and, without support from anyone else, I made the wrong choice of getting injected.

Yeah, it bothers me.

I've written several posts about this.

I don't know how much it bothers me, but I'm finding ways to get back at those who didn't help me.

And I am finding ways to get I can get from life. For example, when my father will want to tell me about his politics... sorry, dude. I am not going to play interested. No way I'll listen to you when you didn't pay attention when I was concerned about my health, and instead told me to go back to work.

The hell I'll make efforts to listen to someone who doesn't listen to me.

The more something in me dies, the weaker I get as I age and get sick, the more determined I get to not get screwed by others. From an altar boy to satan.

If necessary, I will become satan, to preserve whatever I have left. Or rather, I will become a regular insensitive person, like most other people around me.

Last edited:
Back, still alive.

Back from second day at work.

No liquidations in my positions yet. Margin is looking good.

AUD rose as predicted by me yesterday. Didn't have margin to go long on it unfortunately.

I'm good though. I am getting pretty good at predicting. Although sometimes it takes them six months to go where I expect them to go.

I will watch movies today as well, like yesterday. Tomorrow one last trip to the hospital and then this ordeal will be all over.

I am still feeling some pain in my chest. If I stop posting in the next few days, it most likely means that i died from some side effects of hyperventilating in the hyperbaric chamber.

Last edited:
The Way Way Back (2013)

16 minutes into it, it seems good.

41 minutes, excellent

48 minutes, well, not excellent, but watchable. However: very realistic.

Yep, 94 minutes into it, this is excellent, it's like being told the story of my family. A nice tale of friendship, too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Way_Way_Back#Reception
The Way Way Back received positive reviews. Review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes gives the film a score of 86% based on 166 reviews from mainstream critics, with a weighted average of 7.3/10. The site's consensus stated "despite its familiar themes, The Way Way Back makes use of its talented cast, finely tuned script, and an abundance of charm to deliver a funny and satisfying coming-of-age story".
Yeah, I agree.

This movie is modest in its tone, so it stands out as excellent, because it delivers more than you'd expect.

Last edited:
Yeah, still alive. I was away from a pc for a few days, due to a family grief.

In the meanwhile, my positions have improved a bit. As I said, everything can't all go wrong at once.

Jon Rappoport: where conspiracy theorists meet gold bugs

http://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2014/01/30/flashback-911-and-the-gold-in-the-ny-federal-reserve/
With reports that Germany can’t get back much of its gold stored in the NY Federal Reserve, I remembered what I was writing just after 9/11.

Here are a few quotes. Most are from my posts on 9/11 and 9/12, 2001:

http://www.buildfreedom.com/news/archive.php?id=231

http://www.buildfreedom.com/news/archive.php?id=230

http://www.buildfreedom.com/news/archive.php?id=221

“Still no word on the condition of the NY Federal Reserve Bank, which is 2.5 blocks away from the destroyed WTC. This bank, underground, holds $75 billion in gold from [about five] dozen countries.”

“CNN has a large map posted today, which shows the condition of a number of buildings by name in the area, but, curiously, the NY Fed Reserve is not one of them.”

“And now that workers are going down underneath the remains of the WTC, where $100 million in gold is admittedly stored (Reuters), we have no word on the condition of that gold, either.”

“Yesterday, I brought up the issue of the gigantic fed gold reserve stashed underground 2.5 blocks from the WTC. And mentioned that no press accounts were covering damage to nearby buildings. Which I find odd.”
[...]
Was the Fed Reserve gold taken away after 9/11?

Or had it been taken before 9/11? Perhaps long before.

Clearly, in the immediate wake of 9/11, there was a concerted press effort to omit or limit mention of the Federal Reserve building.

Last edited:
Ok, back.

Today I skipped work. I took a day off.

It's been really hard. First the health problems, and then the family grief, which I don't want to discuss.

Only good thing from this period is that the things I bought are going up finally.

I wanted to write more, but if I don't want to discuss the saddest things, then I can't write much.

Besides, I am feeling some pressure from these people who come on the journal and tell me what I have to write about, which really bothers me.

I know they're not trying to bother me, but they bothered me.

So, basically I wanted to write, to write more, but now I don't feel like writing anymore.

Once again (and now I hope no one comes and quotes me out of context or I'll unfriend them), it all boils down to this: do I accept these things that are happening in my life, do I want to commit suicide, and, if not, then I have no choice but to go on living, whether I accept them or not.

Definitely, after these experiences, my health problems and people dying, I have yet another confirmation that this god they're all talking about doesn't exist, and that the closest thing to god is our knowledge, and science. And I've learned that, once more, you better not trust doctors. Listen to them, but never trust them. The first reason not to trust them is that they state different things and contradict one another, so by definition you can't trust them, but need to decide for yourself which one is saying the right thing.

I am slowly realizing that this beautiful life I've been living so far has been filled with illusions, has been nothing but a big illusion and that life doesn't have any meaning. Our life has the same meaning as that of pigeons, except we talk and write much more than pigeons and we have this infinite potential to deceive ourselves.

Deep inside, I, too, need to deceive myself, and soon, after forgetting a little bit these recent misfortunes, I will start to give my life an imaginary and artificial meaning again, and I will go to the extent of believing that the gods are with me, maybe because, after kicking my ass for over a month, they've allowed gold, silver, corn, oil to rise a little bit.

I've always thought that my life at the office doesn't have any meaning and it's totally useless (unlike the protagonist of "Still Life"). But I cannot accept for longer than a few days, I cannot bear for very long the thought that my entire life has no meaning, no matter what I do.

Last edited:
Hereafter (2010)

not too good actually... actually it is almost total crap

Let's see on rotten tomatoes:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/hereafter/

Yeah, a rating of 46%, just as expected.

Actually it has good intentions. But it would have been better to make a documentary out of this subject.

I am going to finish watching the whole thing. As a movie, it is quite bad, but it delivers great information.

Last edited:
Bankers Were Taken Out to Prevent FOREX Fraud Whistle-blowing

http://www.silverdoctors.com/jim-wi...n-out-to-prevent-forex-fraud-whistle-blowing/
...The Golden Jackass states that the suicided bankers had flipped during prosecution investigations, and were assassinated to prevent insider testimony of bank fraud from reaching the prosecution...
All have been working with police teams and continental cops like Interpol.
The STL Fed guy discovered some Bush giant multi-$B fraud and was ready to report it.
The STL Fed economist was hit by the Bush gang, before he sang against them.
The London bankers had begun to sing to Interpol on Mafia Vatican connections on massive FOREX fraud thefts.

more here:
http://www.silverdoctors.com/5th-fi...th-self-inflicted-nail-gun-wounds/#more-38458
http://www.secretsofthefed.com/another-banker-commits-suicide-shooting-eight-times-nail-gun/

Last edited:
After.Life (2009)

Another movie that might be good, about death, like the one I watched yesterday ("Hereafter"):

Christina Ricci is in it, and she's almost always in good movies. Most likely it will be worse than Still Life, Camille and Stay, and better than Hereafter. All movies on this theme.

44 minutes into it, I can say this: totally scary and unpleasant, but we can't deny that it's well-made.

Let me check rotten tomatoes:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/after.life/

Wow, 26%. Totally wrong this time. Usually we agree.

Just because a movie is sad and depressing, it doesn't mean that it's bad. This is a good movie about a depressing subject.

Excellent thriller, but almost a grotesque comedy in terms of how it treated the theme of death. Like one of Buñuel's movies. Close to Camille as well, but that one was much better overall.

Last edited:
Damn, I just banged against the wall like crazy. This idiot child keeps running up and down. He just doesn't stop -- he's been doing it for an hour now.

After I've been banging on the wall, with my fist, for 10 minutes, they finally made him stop running and jumping.

Last edited:
Yes, hopefully this time it won't stop here, as it's been doing for the past few months.

Last edited:
My uncle told me about this, that the sun in Medjugorje is bigger, brighter and it has an oval shape:

I was investigating whether miracles were true, and whether it made sense to believe in god in general. A couple of miracles would be good. First I want a million dollars from my trades, and secondly I want this tinnitus to stop.

Last edited:
The next time you think of sailing solo around the world, watch this:
All Is Lost (2013)

Unless of course you want to anticipate your death.

Very boring movie. My korean friend from college has told me to watch his list of 5 movies from 2013 and they all turned out to be bad. It's not the first time. I must not watch the movies he recommends from now on.

The protagonist manages to fall off the boat twice within ten minutes and makes all the worst possible mistakes. The movie is not realistic at all. If Redford wanted to make himself look good on that boat, he failed. I hope it's at least a real story, or else it doesn't make any sense at all.

I am still waiting for him to be hit in the head by the boom (I hope it's the right term), and the movie will be complete.

Mistake after mistake, the movie has one quality: it is boring like sailing is, the sounds (quiet and noise) are the same as real sailing, and it is realistic in that you feel that you are there. The biggest problem is that its plot is really bad.

Let's check rotten tomatoes... I forecast a score of 75% just because it's robert redford, and it's recent, but such a score would be quite bad given these premises:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/all_is_lost_2013/

93%

Yeah.. I was wrong. I now have the opportunity of seizing the good critics who gave it bad ratings. And saving them for the future as the "good critics who criticize bad overrated movies":
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/all_is_lost_2013/reviews/?sort=rotten

Good courageous guys, telling it like it is, that this movie is not that good - it is empty, and if Robert Redford weren't in it, everyone would agree that it's not good:
Will Leitch
Deadspin
I respect what it's trying to do, and its attempts to overcome the constraints it gave itself. But it evaporates the minute it's over. It's a noble, and failed, experiment.
Full Review Source: Deadspin | Original Score: C+
October 16, 2013

Jeff Beck
Examiner.com
Chandor clearly wanted to make something powerful and engrossing, but due to the simplistic nature of the film, what he ended up with was something dull and forgettable.
Full Review Source: Examiner.com | Original Score: 2.5/5
February 10, 2014

Kirk Honeycutt
honeycuttshollywood.com
Despite all those critical hosannas coming out of Cannes, the movie stalls in the doldrums.
Full Review Source: honeycuttshollywood.com | Original Score: 5
October 14, 2013

Tony Macklin
tonymacklin.net
When did Robert Redford turn into the male Sandra Bullock?
Full Review Source: tonymacklin.net | Original Score: 2.0/5
October 22, 2013

Mick LaSalle
San Francisco Chronicle
Top Critic IconTop Critic
Even Redford bailing water for 106 minutes can be a bit much.
Full Review Source: San Francisco Chronicle | Original Score: 2/4
December 16, 2013

Bill Clark
FromTheBalcony
All Is Lost should have been a movie that has you thinking for days; instead it ends with a brief sigh of relief and a shrug.
Full Review Source: FromTheBalcony | Original Score: C
December 1, 2013

Jay Antani
Cinema Writer
the Cliffs Notes version of the deeper, more profound character study that never transpires on-screen
Full Review Source: Cinema Writer | Original Score: 2/4
December 17, 2013

Jackie K. Cooper
jackiekcooper.com
If you are a big Robert Redford fan you should eat this movie up since he is the only person in the movie. The downside, he is the only person in the movie.
Full Review Source: jackiekcooper.com | Original Score: 5/10
December 23, 2013

Dustin Putman
DustinPutman.com
Jostling around on the same flat level, spurts of interest coming but few and far between, "All Is Lost" should send one away with a dropped, unsettled stomach. Instead, it doesn't elicit much more than a shrug.
Full Review Source: DustinPutman.com | Original Score: 2/4
October 24, 2013

Leonard Maltin
Leonard Maltin's Picks
Redford is the film's most credible ingredient of all; in many key scenes it is evident that he is performing his own stunts.
Full Review Source: Leonard Maltin's Picks
October 18, 2013

Diana Saenger
ReviewExpress.com
Too Adrift
Full Review Source: ReviewExpress.com | Original Score: 1/5
October 25, 2013

Daniel Eagan
Film Journal International
All Is Lost has moments of beauty, but the movie as a whole feels detached, almost clinical.
Full Review Source: Film Journal International
October 15, 2013

Rene Rodriguez
Miami Herald
Top Critic IconTop Critic
All is Lost is a testament to a great actor, an experimental piece of cinema and a bit of a bore.
Full Review Source: Miami Herald | Original Score: 2/4
November 7, 2013

Michael Dequina
TheMovieReport.com
So threadbare that there's nothing to grasp onto to care about.
Full Review Source: TheMovieReport.com | Original Score: 2/4
January 11, 2014

1 hour into it, I find it slightly engrossing, and despite having been told at the start that he most likely dies, I am still watching it.

One hour and fifteen minutes into it, I feel like fast-forwarding a bit.

One hour and 29 minutes into it, I didn't fast-forward it, but I checked other things while watching it. This ordeal is almost over: just 15 minutes to go.

Overall, the details are the worst thing. It's sloppy. Whatever the plot, whether a real story or not, the details are not meticulously studied. The details are very very sloppy, from the first till the last minute, when he goes underwater with all that air in his lungs. Totally ridiculous movie.

And it's not even a real story, obviously:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Is_Lost

So, even rotten tomatoes can be wrong.

Last edited:
GBL of March is about to expire, in 20 days or so.

I must remember that the new contract has a tendency to catch up, in the next few days after expiration.

So I must close the old contract (short position) and wait for the new contract to catch up a couple of points before opening another short position on it.

things2remember

Ideally, it will go from 143, where it is now, to 140. Then I'll close it, and then I'll wait for the new contract to go from 138 to 140, and then I'd open another short.

Speaking of shipwrecking, maybe mine was aborted. Capital is back at about 30k.

I am back into all my original positions: gold, silver, corn, bund (short), yen, oil and natural gas.

I will keep them all open for months from now. They could easily take me to 80k.

The only tricky roll over to do is the one on GBL, mentioned earlier in this post.

Last edited:
Just woke up. Still alive.

Back problems are back. I guess HBOT sessions only removed them temporarily, because they're being caused maybe by the way I sleep and/or sit, and now that I don't do HBOT anymore, they're not being healed. This would make sense.

Trading positions are doing fine. JPY is rising again.

Going to work in a bit. They've all been nice to me and praised my work, so shame on my parents for telling me to rush back to the office, when at the office no one was pressuring me to do anything, except curing my health. It's always been like this. As I said, they both collapsed on their way to work rather than worry about their own health.

Needless to say, I am still hearing the tinnitus, which wasn't supposed to happen after the eardrum steroid injections, and which was supposed to be "temporary" then... these Italian doctors always same the same things, so predictable. They first deny the side effects, and then they tell you they're temporary. You're better off not talking to them at all.

Today I am concerned about a conversation I've had with a cab driver this morning. I am obsessing about it, as usual. I feel he disrespected me.

This means that, whether I healed or not, whether I recovered from my health problems or not (I did not), I have adapted to the new me, with less hearing and a tinnitus.

I have adapted to the point that I now worry about the usual trivial issues of everyday life.

An hour later, still thinking about the taxi driver...

Banging on the wall against the child neighbor... being upset about taxi drivers... I am really back to my normal state of frustration, predictable, habitual, and under control. Great achievement.

Another remark about how I'm feeling today. I have slept 9 hours last night, and yet I feel tired and sleepy. Very odd.

Another few hours went by, and I am still thinking, intermittently about that taxi driver. About the real or perceived offense from him to me. But partly it's Romans. They are all rude, without meaning it.

In the meanwhile, while thinking about the taxi driver, I am watching Inside Llewyn Davis (2013). Not good so far. 22 minutes into it. Or rather, a good movie about a very boring subject, which makes the plot boring but the acting and filming fine.

It is hard to discern the difference. You always have to watch out for this mistake. The subject is extremely boring but the movie... you can tell that it's well-made.

The position trades are doing well. NG is doing OK, too.

Big political events today in Italy. Renzi is about to become, most likely, the prime minister, in a few days. Letta sucks. I am glad Renzi will take over.

Second 28: that's my tinnitus more or less. Except it goes on for 24 hours a day. Thanks, Italian health care.

Yeah, I had always wondered what that thing in taxi driver meant. Now I know. It's a tinnitus.

By the way, yesterday I learned that my method to cure cough works immediately and this is how it goes. I woke up with a slight cough, so I came downstairs to cure it and it worked immediately. This is the recipe:

1) put hot water on the stove (it doesn't have to boil, 80 degrees Celsius is enough), then add 1 spoon of honey to it, let it melt and mix then take it out and prepare a whole squeezed lemon's juice

2) put your head over the pot, and, with the help of a towel, or an inverted t-shirt (except for the neck, you're not wearing it), breathe all its vapor (the fact that you added honey doesn't matter, you could just use water alone) for 5 to 10 minutes.

3) after it's cold enough (but still hot) to be drank without harming yourself, you stop breathing the vapor, add the squeezed lemon juice, and you drink it.

And then, magically, instead of dragging your cough for weeks, you get rid of it, in just a few minutes. It works.

You know, after this experience, my life has changed a bit. I don't feel I have much to offer to the readers now. Yes, I am deeply intelligent.

But I don't have the secret to immortality. I am not immortal either.

I feel that from now on, after my recent health problem and family grief, my advice will be on how to stay healthy until you die, and how to be nice to those who are nice, while they're alive. Other than that, I am still banging on the wall, and getting upset about those same little things as I did before. But the new thing is that now I feel that we have to be nice to those who are nice to us. Because they could die. Now this dick next door is making noise again, so it's time to start banging on the wall with my fist.

I am going to vent out all of my frustration against this wall. Oh, yeah. Because you deserve it, you little idiot. You and your whole family. All of my frustration: including the frustration from the cab driver, from the family grief, and from the hearing loss, and from the tinnitus. And from watching this boring movie. And from having to hold my position trades for so long.

This little idiot is running up and down with his idiot friend. Two four year olds, one of which has never rested a minute in his life. He spent his whole life bothering the neighbors. The other dick may have big problems, too, for wanting to spend time with such an idiot. Not all children are like this, being noisy all the time. Most children are quiet, play quietly, and are even polite by the age of 4.

This disgusting family next door... what a disgusting group of human beings.

The movie is too bad to be finished. I am going to stop it at minute 39.

Let's check rotten tomatoes, let's see if they're wrong again. I don't think so. I am predicting a rating of about 65%, although it deserves a 40%.

Let's see...:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/inside_llewyn_davis_2013/

Ok, 94%.

Wow, they're wrong again.

Oh, directed by the Cohen brothers. They always suck. Very overrated directors.

Last edited: