my journal 3

Yeah, good logical reasoning. But according to your logical reasoning, blind people should also be left to die, right? Without help from someone, and in case they're alone, without help from the government, they would most likely die. So what politicians like Mandela really mean is that, whatever the case, everyone who needs it should be.. not simply "allowed" but also "helped" to live. By the community.

People incorrectly use the term "right" because they think with their hearts and not their minds. Simply put, nobody has a right to another persons labour or property regardless of how sick or poor or needy they are.

In your example, a blind person does not have a "right" to sight. What if the only way they can be given sight involves taking a pair of good eyes from another person?

In other words, yes, the logical conclusion is that if you blind person have the right to live, then other members of the community have the duty to help you.

I am saying that nobody has a moral obligation or duty to help another person, nor should they be forced to. The only "rights" we have as humans are those we are born with, and everyone should have those rights protected.

1) The right to life
2) The right to Liberty
3) The right to pursue happiness. (Not the right to happiness, but the pursuit of)

None of these rights do or should infringe on the rights of others. In other words, if making you happy involves killing another person then you haven't got the right to that pursuit.

If someone wants to live in poverty then they have a right to that choice if it makes them happy. Who is anyone to say that it is wrong?

As far as having a duty to help the blind person, who would enforce that duty? If it involves force then you are taking away the rights of another person.

I was watching another newsreel, a very interesting one, and look at what I found, while looking for the events depicted in the video:
http://m.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/1060022549
I. Hitler and Mussolini confer at Brenner Pass. Hitler's train pulls into station for fifth meeting with Duce. Hitler and von Ribbentrop are greeted by Mussolini, Ciano and German Ambassador von Mackensen before passing along platform past guard of honour and entering train for talks lasting two and a half hours. Leaders say farewell before train pulls out.

II. Bridge at Linz nears completion. New construction work in Austria has not been interrupted by war as Nibelungen Bridge over Danube nears completion. Steel plated are riveted and a model of the large bridge shown.

III. Women take over men's jobs in factories. To allow production to continue uninterrupted, women operate overhead cranes and work at drills and lathes, replacing called-up men.

IV. U-boat construction and launchings. As ring reportedly closes ever tighter around Britain, prefabricated sections of U-boats constructed in different factories are welded together in shipyard. Completed Type VII craft are launched, one sideways down the slipway and another stern first. (End of Reel 1)

V. Homecoming of U-29. Kapitänleutnant Schuhart stands on conning tower of U-29 returning to Wilhelmshaven flying pennon after successful voyage. Commander who earlier sank HMS Courageous is credited with 660,566 tons sunk on two voyages. Sailors wear Salzwedel Flotilla capbands. Barrage balloons fly over the port and other naval units are just visible as U-29 comes alongside quay. Flotilla commander (?) is first to welcome Schuhart, before latter is greeted on shore by Grossadmiral Raeder and Commander of U-Boats Konteradmiral Doenitz beside him. Raeder conveys Führer's thanks to Schuhart and his crew.

VI. Construction of Messerschmitt Bf 109E fighters. Plane described as the fastest fighter in the world is assembled in factory. Metal fuselage is pressed, seats fixed, wings shaped and engines assembled and fitted. Completed Bf 109Es are rolled out of hangar.

VII. Return of Adlergeschwader bombers from raid on Scapa Flow. Heinkel He 111Hs of Adlergeschwader (Kampfgeschwader 30) return in dark after surprise attack on British Home Fleet at Scapa Flow. Crews cross airfield illuminated at night and then give (live) report on raid to their Kommodore, standing in front of wall map marked with Adlergeschwader eagle emblem and umbrella in shield emblem. After several pilots have described their direct hits and near misses, Kommodore summarises successes as four definite hits on four separate ships and several near misses, and praises his crews' courage and determination against the enemy. He concludes: "You know the Führer's saying that the end of this war will bring the most glorious victory in German history. I want our Geschwader, the Adlergeschwader, to have a substantial part in that." Over map of Scapa Flow pilot says the naval anchorage will be thinking of the Luftwaffe and item concludes with montage of Ju 87s and He 111s to words of the Stuka Song.

That's what I found, exactly the events in the video (never mind the first 2 minutes, not related to the newsreel). Probably i'll look it up from now on.

What were the germans doing in March 1940?

http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/timeline/ww2time.htm#1940
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_World_War_II_(1940)#March_1940

They had already invaded Poland and "annexed" austria and all those other eastern european countries, but they still hadn't gone after anyone in western europe, although they were at war.

Yeah, as you can see, on the Western European side, everything really started in April 1940, with Norway. So, first he went down, in 1938, and got Austria. Then, in 1939, he went east. Then in 1940, he first went north and then west.

The more I see of these meetings (cfr. video above) between hitler and mussolini, the more I realize that hitler created nazism after seeing Italian fascism and that nazism is the Italian version of Fascism. Other than everything about nazism, you can see this in the respect hitler shows in his relationship with mussolini, and in the way the (German) newsreels of the time talk about these meetings. Obviously they reflect Hitler's desires, and if they show respect, obviously he feels respect.

As I was doing a search, trying to understand what they spoke to each other (for example, in the video below), and the answer is German, I came across the best document about nazism and hitler from his time:
Facts and Lies about Hitler

It's an electoral pamphlet, very very interesting. Most precious document I've seen so far. One quick quote from it:
It might also be noted the Italian bourgeoisie once had equally “serious reservations” about the “dilettante” Mussolini. Mussolini had this to say during the 1930 Reichstag election: “Hitler is a great leader, a great organizer.”’

Here is the video I mentioned, of one of Hitler-Mussolini meetings:

At 1:40 you can clearly see that they're speaking to each other and without an interpreter. So, the answer is that they're speaking German, because Mussolini at the beginning of the century spent over 2 years in Switzerland.

Last edited:
I am going to watch a movie in English, but it's still on the same subject of nazi germany:
http://vodly.to/watch-680-The-Reader
http://daclips.in/azccsctjj8jv

After a few minutes, I am already disgusted with it. The actors speak perfect english but have to pretend they have slight german accent so the stupid audience understands that we are in germany. That sucks. Also the movie is overall crappy, for the same reason that it is meant for a stupid audience. So I think I will resist watching it for another 10 minutes at the most.

Yeah, it is total crap.

I'll watch anther "tonwoche" instead, which means "sound-week", right because when it was created in 1930, the big deal was that it had sound, so they named it accordingly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_invasion_of_Denmark_(1940)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_Campaign

Same period (and unfortunately same unpleasant trumpet soundtrack), but British perspective:

You know, the more I watch these newsreels, the more (also, having been a risk player -- strategy board game -- all my life)... the more i wonder: why didn't hitler invade England right away, like in June 1940. Why the hell did he attack the Soviet Union instead?

You know what I am saying? When you play risk, you learn that you only get your chance to attack once. Then people realize how strong you got, and they all gang up against you, and you're dead. So you better make sure you win when you go for it. Hitler instead seemed like a risk player who wants his moment of glory, attacks too early, or too many, and wastes all his armies, just because he wanted glory too early in the game.

So, ok to go for all the smaller countries first, but then you can't go after the Soviet Union. You just cannot do that. That is way too huge, and Napoleon teaches you a thing or two about it. If he had left Soviet Union alone, he would have had enough to conquer England, and then the US would not have done anything, once it was too late. How could Hitler leave such a time bomb so close to him, and focus on the Soviet Union, when he could so easily invade it?

Or, if he didn't think he could invade it, why did he begin to bomb altogether? Why did he have to sink ships and make everyone so angry? He could have said "ok, we've got all of continental europe, now we're ok and we stop here. But did he even have a plan after that? For his new "colonies"?

Yahoo Answers: Answers and Comments for Why didn't Hitler invade England?
Some comments from 3 different users, which I found interesting and reasonable:
When Hitler attacked Poland he never expected that the governments of France and Great Britain would honour their treaty with Poland and declare war on him because of their previous appeasement over his activities in Czechoslovakia.
He was an admirer of the British Empire and many influential people in British society admired him e.g. the Duke of Windsor.
His ambition was to build a similar empire for Germany on the British lines but taking the Slavic lands to the east.
When he had to eventually fight the French and British he was caught off balance by the quick success of his army and had no plans or equipment in place to invade Great Britain.
no your all wrong...sure Hilter lauched missles and did bombing raids...these were merely scare tattics..

Hitler actually respected England..he tried twice to make a secret peace treaty with them..
Basically Hilter wanted an empire..he admried the british empire so much that he wished to copy it..

Hilter never ever wanted to fight a war on two fronts...this is why he never really invaded england..
Everyone's answers seem to be running along the same lines, and most are true, but they are all missing a key point. Hitler believed in cosmology and reading the stars to see the future, etc. He had an aid that was an astronomer that would read the stars for him, and the aid advised him to not invade England because it was in the stars that he would lose.

I mean, just look at the map, especially with the entry of Italy in the war, in June 1940 and tell me if the next thing to do was to attack the huge Soviet Union or England.

I am very very disappointed, because I cannot figure out why he went after the Soviet Union and not England instead. With all the armies he wasted in the Soviet Union, he could have so easily invaded England.

The theory that he "respected" England and didn't want to invade it but to imitate would be ok with me, if it weren't for the fact that you don't bomb a country you respect. He could have easily avoided it all. Either conquer the opponent, or leave him alone. This is just like in the Risk strategy game.

Ok, here's some answers:

They make reference to Ciano's diaries, where Galeazzo Ciano writes that Hitler didn't want to destroy the British Empire because he felt it was useful to the world (minute 5:50).

Ok, but was a huge mistake by Hitler right then: we can say he simply did not have a backup plan for England not making peace. His strategy was:

1) we won't destroy UK but we will bomb it into submission and force it to make peace...

While we are waiting for this to work:

1) the British Empire and the US mobilize to help England
2) as if it weren't enough, we decide to also attach the Soviet Union

Awfully bad strategy. I'd say first we defeat England and conquer all of europe, and place puppet governments in every country. We stay like this for 10 years, and then if we're really strong, and have support from this empire, we move on to attack the USSR.

Dude, do not start a war if you are not willing to go all the way, because your opponents will definitely go all the way, also because they don't know what your plan is.

Hitler did not have a complete plan from the start, and what he decided along the way... well, it totally totally sucked.

Last edited:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Dunkirk

Did you notice the music they play at the end, when you see the German planes flying? It's called:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ride_of_the_Valkyries
The Ride of the Valkyries (German: Walkürenritt or Ritt der Walküren) is the popular term for the beginning of Act III of Die Walküre, the second of the four operas by Richard Wagner that constitute Der Ring des Nibelungen. The main theme of the Ride, the leitmotif labelled Walkürenritt, was first written down by the composer on 23 July 1851.

I think that's exactly where Coppola got his idea for this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypse_Now
The helicopter attack scene with the Ride of the Valkyries soundtrack was chosen as the most memorable film scene ever by Empire magazine (although the same track was used earlier in 1915 to similar effect in the score written to accompany the silent film The Birth of a Nation).

Nope, I don't think he took it from this crap:

He either came up with it all alone, or he took it from the german newsreels.

At any rate, here's a British newsreel from the same period:

They lie, too, but they come off as sincere, balanced, and impartial, and are proud of treating their enemies nicely. They keep mentioning this fact.

Fascinating bit about Italy's declaration of war. More can be found (but without sound) here:
http://www.britishpathe.com/video/italy-declares-war-june-1940

Great source of these videos here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HumanHistoryArchive/search?query=british

Here's the French version of the events (can't find the youtube equivalent and can't embed):
http://www.ecpad.fr/journal-de-guerre-36-semaine-du-6-juin-1940
According to the French, they're winning as well, they show the German prisoners... everything is going well. It was the last (weekly) "Journal de guerre" before the Germans completely conquered France.

Here's the American perspective on it:

The Americans are showing German newsreel and explaning it (maybe even everything they are showing is from the Ton-Woche newsreel), without any propaganda.

Here's their view, but only a few months later:

Another good one, from May 1940: I can't embed it though.

Last edited:

Invasion of Luxembourg. I used to work there. Excellent scenes with crowds cheering, giving them bread, etcetera. First few minutes.

I started out by thinking these newsreels were the equivalent of today's news, but now I realize they are much much better. It is definitely propaganda, like the news on tv is, too, but it is also a pretty good documentary and an excellent editing, and, whereas the news is totally boring, this is engrossing. But partly because it made history. And, also, because one thing is to summarize a week of war in 20 minutes, like they had to do, and another thing is to summarize a day of peace in 20 minutes.

Pretty amazing to read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Luxembourg
Grand Duchess Charlotte and the government of Premier Pierre Dupong fled to France, Portugal and the United Kingdom, before finally settling in Canada for the duration of the war.
If you're a citizen of Luxembourg, or one of these countries invaded by the nazis, all this fleeing should make you ask yourself some questions.

At the very least we can say that a "nazi collaborator" like Petain is as good as these royals fleeing to France, Portugal, London, and then Canada. How hard is it to not collaborate if you flee 10 thousand kilometers away?

At any rate, here's the American and then the British point of view on the same period:
https://archive.org/details/1940-05-13_Washington_DC
(can't embed it)

They got their asses kicked in Dunkirk but they pretend it's no big deal. The music and the tone is pretty amazing, if you consider that Germany has just conquered half of Europe in a few weeks. Unless they knew something that we don't know, they should have been pretty scared of being invaded as well.

What's pretty interesting is that if you play both videos at the same time you can find some more comparison terms, such as the music and other interesting things. For example, they both use a lot of trumpets but one is happy and one is military, and the Germans never interview anyone.

The Germans sound pretty angry still, despite all the victories, whereas the British sound pretty cheerful despite all the defeats.

Actually let me double check the German newsreel mood two weeks later, because Dunkirk doesn't match with "capitulation of France" as the British newsreel says.

I could not find it, but I found this interesting one, with a great part on Italy, the first few minutes:

It makes me a bit sad to hear them talk as if they were thinking they got themselves a great ally, powerful, with colonies and a lot of resources, and instead they got screwed, because we totally sucked.

The second part is excellent in that it shows at length what the Germans were feeling for their troops as no other documents we ever got to see on tv. This is exactly what I wanted to understand.

Oh, and I managed to find the Ciano Diaries:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galeazzo_Ciano
Ciano is remembered for his famous Diaries 1937–1943, a daily record of his meetings with Mussolini, Hitler, von Ribbentrop, foreign ambassadors and other political figures that proved embarrassing to the Nazi leadership and the Fascist diehards. Edda tried to barter his papers in return for his life with the help of factions in the German high command; Gestapo agents helped her confidant Emilio Pucci rescue some of them from Rome. Pucci was then a lieutenant in the Italian Air Force, but would find fame after the war as a fashion designer. When Hitler vetoed the plan, Edda hid the bulk of the papers at a clinic in Ramiola, near Medesano and on 9 January 1944, Pucci helped her escape to Switzerland with the 5 diaries covering the war years.[6] The diary was first published in 1946 in English in New York in an incomplete version. The complete English version was published in 2002.

Here's a quote from them, for June 10th:

Snap1.jpg

Last edited:

I wonder if Franco ever got in any trouble for being "neutral" and yet on the same side as the other two dictators. I don't think he did. He's the only dictator who got away with being a dictator in recent history, that I can remember.

During the war, receives the roman salute. No problem.

After the other two dictators were defeated:

Allied with those who defeated them, the Americans.

And he abolished the salute in 1945, what a coincidence (you know, that is exactly what I was expecting, when I looked it up):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_salute#Elsewhere
In Spain, on April 27, 1937, Francisco Franco formally approved the salute in a decree which made it the official salutation to be used by all except the military who would continue to use the traditional military salutes.[58] This was repealed in September 1945.

You know, in Italy and across the world, we always say that Italians are renowned for being cowards (we say it ourselves that "Italians are cowards"), but after reading this thing about Franco, and this other thing I posted in another previous post...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Luxembourg
Grand Duchess Charlotte and the government of Premier Pierre Dupong fled to France, Portugal and the United Kingdom, before finally settling in Canada for the duration of the war.
... cowards do not exist. There's just people who are willing to die for their country (definitely more frequent in Japan and Germany than in other countries) and others who are not. Then there's those who can do it intelligently and with style and get away with it, like the Luxembourg royals and Franco. And there are those who are not refined enough to do it right and do not get away with it, like Mussolini and the Italians, who entered the war against France when Germany had practically already defeated it, and who exited the alliance with Germany, when it didn't look so good anymore (but Mussolini wasn't responsible for this, just the king, look it up here).

I guess, the Italian fascists were a bit of a bluff, because they wanted to act like warriors, but didn't have the balls for it, like Germany and even more Japan. But if you're a bluff and don't want to take risks, then you're better off on the sidelines like Spain or the Luxembourg royals.

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/División_Azul

interesting 1956 francoist movie:

More activity by Francoist Spain in world war 2:

After over one hour of searching all over the web, I give up instead on my quest to find Spanish newsreel previous to 1943, when NO-DO started:
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/NO-DO

There was another type of newsreels before it, but I could find no such videos on the web.

Last edited:
You know, I've been thinking about this.

The pivot point of everything is Dunkirk.

There Hitler showed his... weakness in reasoning. He showed that he didn't have the right strategy or that there is something that I don't know about what he was thinking. He was a genius otherwise, but here he's showing signs of madness or maybe he was an agent of the bankers themselves... hard to figure out. Certainly, not going all the way against England and attacking Russia instead did not make ANY sense, if you just look at this map over and over again:

As I wrote in previous posts, you either go after England or you don't. You don't just attack it a little bit, kill a few thousand people, and then allow everyone from the colonies (Australians, Canadians and especially Americans and Indians, who sent millions of men) to come to the rescue.

By the time he was at Dunkirk, he had almost all of Europe and lost a few thousand men: he went after USSR, which was enormous, and lost 8 million people.

He should have simply used all those 8 million people to conquer England, which was clearly within his capabilities, especially given that London is so close to the coast of continental Europe.

So, whereas for trading reading books is a waste of time, I am thinking that reading a few essays for this question, would be a good idea. Especially in German, so I get their perspective and in the meanwhile I study German.

I'll start by investigating the historians at this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Dunkirk#Halt_order

Footnotes 5 to 13.

Damn. Unbelievable, all references to historians with English names. I want to read original German essays/books, not translated from English into German.

Let's see elsewhere...

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schlacht_von_Dünkirchen#Der_Haltebefehl

Footnotes 6 to 9.

Unbelievable, even the German entry has all English historians. When they say history is written by the victors... or vae victis.

bingo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:German_military_historians
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:German_military_writers

--- Damn!

This is in English but it totally answers my question:
http://bevinalexander.com/books/hitler-world-war-ii.htm
Why didn't the Nazis concentrate their enormous military power on the only three beaches upon which the Allies could launch their attack into Europe?

Why did the terrifying German panzers, on the brink of driving the British army into the sea in May 1940, halt their advance and allow the British to regroup and evacuate at Dunkirk?

Ultimately, Alexander probes deeply into the crucial intersection between Hitler's psyche and military strategy and how his paranoia fatally overwhelmed his acute political shrewdness to answer the most terrifying question: Just how close were the Nazis to victory?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bevin_Alexander
Bevin Alexander is a military historian and author.[1] He served as an officer during the Korean War as part of the 5th Historical Detachment. His book Korea: The First War We Lost was largely influenced by his experiences during the war. Bevin has served as a consultant and adviser to several groups due to his military expertise, including work for the Rand Corporation, work as a consultant for military simulations instituted by the United States Army Training and Doctrine Command, and as director of information at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, Virginia. As of 2007, he is an adjunct professor at Longwood University, in Farmville, Virginia.
Yep, now I'm gonna have to read this book.

No, great. I found this link:
Book Discussion on How Hitler Could Have Won World War II

It's going to be a pleasure. The video lasts 1 hour, I'll watch it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Erich von Manstein

As I am hearing this presentation of his book, Book Discussion on How Hitler Could Have Won World War II, I am also doing some side searches on the people he talks about, such as Erich von Manstein, who was probably the best nazi strategist:

Unfortunately Hitler didn't listen enough to people like him, and put things into his own hands. (I am just talking from a strategist point of view, not because I wanted Nazism to win - in fact he shouldn't have started the war to begin with, but if you start it, then do it right).

Here's another document on Erich von Manstein, from the Nuremberg trials. The video quality is so good that I am still wondering if it's real or fake:

It can only be real. Then I need to find more of these. Here they are, a bunch of them:
http://www.youtube.com/user/RobertHJacksonCenter/search?query=nuremberg

At any rate, 15 minutes into this one-hour talk by Bevin Alexander, he's been confirming everything I was suspecting: that Hitler was not a madman, as everyone wrongly says today (and he explicitly expressed this, just as I did in previous posts), but a political genius (although a large-scale murderer all right). Yet at the same time he was not a military genius, but a military moron I would say.

On the other hand, it is hard to practice world wars, since you only get to play one. It's not like in the risk strategy game, where you can play countless games. And to that, you have to add that Hitler was playing his only risk game, while some people were trying assassinate him, others were insulting him, and others were telling him he was a genius, all of this endlessly.

But even if he had won, it would have been senseless, because of his philosophy on the German race and so on. That was obviously flawed. His race was obviously not superior and it wasn't even a race. Yes, on average Germans are indeed obedient and intelligent and evolved, but so are many other peoples, regardless of race, religion, sexual preference, color and so on.

Anyway, let's hope to keep learning German before I totally get bored with Hitler, which is what is happening the more I think about his flaws, and first of all this unforgivable mistake of attacking the Russians.

Ok, great. At minute 51 of this:
Book Discussion on How Hitler Could Have Won World War II

Belvin Alexander answers a question on why he thinks Hitler stopped at Dunkirk and let them the British and their allies get away. He says that Hitler was afraid something might go wrong, after everything going so well so quickly. It's almost like when you make a lot of profit on a trade, unexpected, and you decide to exit, and cut your profits short. And by the way he also did the other trading mistake in Russia, where he didn't cut his losses short.

But another thing he adds is that, mostly, Hitler DID NOT want to fight Britain. That's once again what I was thinking, too. "He wanted the British as allies". He hoped to be liked by the British for letting them get away.

This would also be confirmed by the treatment of prisoners:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner_of_war#Germany
Germany and Italy generally treated prisoners from the British Commonwealth, France, the USA, and other western Allies in accordance with the Geneva Convention, which had been signed by these countries.[48] Consequently, western Allied officers were not usually made to work and some personnel of lower rank were usually compensated, or not required to work either. The main complaints of western Allied prisoners of war in German Army POW camps—especially during the last two years of the war—concerned shortages of food.
The thing is that Hitler wasn't just a military moron for going after Russia, but he was also less about territorial conquest and more about democide, so he was less against the UK than what he said in his speeches, and more against Russia, and this is witnessed by how Russian POWs were treated much worse than European POWs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner_of_war#World_War_II

Snap1.jpg

the book is here:
http://wih.sagepub.com/content/11/2/148.full.pdf
(page 186)

This table actually doesn't tell us why he didn't attack the British, given that in a quote above we are told that all Western European POWs were treated well by the Nazis. So we could not argue that Hitler didn't invade countries whose POWs he treated well. But it does tell us how much he disliked the Russians. So it could explain why he preferred to start a war with a much bigger enemy that he hated than to finish a war in Western Europe, against a country that he didn't hate as much.

And I just put the finger on another problem: hate. It should not be an issue when you're talking strategy. In the same way, he shot himself in the foot by killing, deporting, kicking out all the jewish intellectuals.

So, wrong assessment of his military strength and hating the Russians were the mistakes Hitler made. He shouldn't have allowed the British to escape, he should have invaded England immediately (or after cutting it off from the Mediterranean, as Alexander argues in the video above), and he should have left the Soviets alone.

Last edited:
Guido Knopp's Documentaries about top people in Nazi-Germany

Hitler's Warriors, ZDF documentaries, a gold mine of info, well-presented:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI222WIvQWIAFbbksufYPZA/videos

But that is just a series of several series by Guido Knopp:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0461368/?ref_=ttfc_fc_dr1#writer

"Hitlers Helfer", "Frauen", "Krieger" (Warriors)... several documentaries about each group, scattered all over youtube. Easy to find.

Hitlers Kinder for example is here:

There are even too many documentaries on nazism (even just in German) for me to be able to watch them. Even if we limit them to either documents (or propaganda films) made during nazism or afterwards.

Last edited:

I look at these courses, see peaceful germans getting along with black people, they've got prominent Vietnamese-German and Iranian-German politicians, they have a minister on the wheelchair... they seem changed, but you still wonder if the same faces aren't really at risk of turning into those hitler youth again. They would really fit well into those uniforms.

Probably they're ok.

Ha, I am not going to be racist myself.

Besides, I've been to America, spent years there, and the Americans are almost scarier, as far as arrogance and racism, and the English, too. Actually I've been in Germany, too... But I saw no arrogance there, such as what I saw in France, USA, and from the English.

However, I still wonder if the Germans, and the Japanese, with all their capabilities, intelligence, obedience and discipline, are about to wake up and deliver something awesome or terrible like they've been doing for centuries. For now they seem to be sleeping still.

Or maybe, as this course episode partly shows, the Germans (and maybe the Japanese, too) have been successfully corrupted and dumbed down and have adopted the American way. In other words, being an idiot and being arrogant at the same time. Of course I am not talking about everyone, but about the overwhelming trend. So far, overall, I like Germans better than the Americans, based on the few ones I've met. But not this chick. This retarded chick is trying to give us a language course and 1) talks too fast and 2) goes in loud places where you can hardly hear what people are saying. The subtitles are excellent, but this way of teaching me German is just wrong. She's wasting her talent for writing subtitles.

Stupid bitch, slow down, or don't try to teach me German. This bitch is so frustrating that I'll skip all her episodes from now on. I just wrote a memo to myself entitled "AVOID THE FAT BITCH".

Excellent:

Best episode in ages. Let's just stick to the rule of avoiding that fat fast-talking bitch.

Maybe we should be more afraid of the Japanese right now. I don't know what they're doing right now, and I can never figure out what these guys are thinking. It's hard to get them to tell you what they're thinking.

Last edited:
Hitler's escape

I don't think he killed himself. The one who killed himself was one of his look-alikes.
The ones who are supposed to have found the body were the Russians, and yet Stalin said in private conversations until his death that Hitler got away. Furthermore, I saw a documentary that showed how the remains of Hitler (somewhere in Russia) do not match Hitler's characteristics. Everything is discussed in the video below:

Last edited:
Yet another video on 911, sent to me by a reader:

It is an excellent one, I can tell right from the start. Obviously it tells us about the reality of false flag attacks. Yeah, because, despite the title and the first few minutes, it argues, like all other good documentaries on the subject, that 911 was much worse than Pearl Harbor, in that it was organized by the US government (not by Bin Laden nor by the Japanese).

This documentary is also useful in that it explains very well what happened with Pearl Harbor.

Last edited:
Memo to myself. I just realized what took away all my profit on CL (oil):

View attachment 168946

Above: how much price moved on my contract, a year away

Below: how much price moved on the closest month contract:

View attachment 168948

Same period, same underlying asset. Yeah, see it to believe it. It's the first time I experienced something as lame as this.

I lost 4000 dollars of profit without even realizing it. I had noticed the difference in price, that my contract was lower than the other CL, so I said to myself "so much the better". I didn't realize that this might be an indicator of the fact that they could be moving differently. When the closest contract rose 5 points, my contract only rose... less than 2 points. It was awful. I can't believe they can rip you off this way. There was no way for me to forecast this rip-off.

Damn, screw this. Do you know what I just did? I figured that sooner or later December 2014 contract will have to catch up, so I bought it back, at about the same price I sold several days ago, since it hasn't risen almost at all, despite the fact that December 2013 has risen by 5 points as I said. So, dude, sooner or later the other contract is going to have to catch up, and, since it didn't rise, it won't fall either in case the closest month contract loses 5 points again. So what the hell, I bought and now I'll sleep peacefully.

Now I am only missing Natural Gas and I will be back with all my original positions of 10 days ago, when I was hit so badly that I had to close out natural gas and oil.

Yo, more on this discovery of mine that there has been a huge oil backwardation in just 12 months, and that you just don't make any money on the distant contract:
http://www.financialsense.com/contributors/tom-mcclellan/huge-backwardation-in-crude-oil

Crude-Backwardation-2013.jpg

This current spread between the August 2013 and July 2014 contracts is the biggest raw price spread in years, although as a percentage of the current price we have seen more severe backwardation at other times. The message to take from this is that the current pop in near month futures prices is not likely to continue much farther, with the rubber band already stretched.

You heard him, guys? There's money to be made!

Here's another link on it:
http://www.ogj.com/articles/2013/09/eia-explains-steep-backwardation-of-wti-futures-curve.html
According to the US Energy Information Administration, the current steep backwardation can be attributed to several factors:
• The price of the front-month contract has been driven up by recent geopolitical events, supply disruptions, and high seasonal refinery demand.
• Market participants expect some bottlenecks of pipeline infrastructure to transport oil out of Cushing, Okla., to persist, which contributes to lower WTI futures prices and drawing from inventories that reached record highs last year.
• According to EIA’s latest Short-Term Energy Outlook, total US crude oil production will average 8.4 million b/d in 2014 compared with 6.5 million b/d in 2012. Market expectations are that US oil production will increase in future years, which contribute to downward pressure on the WTI price.
“The fact that the market is backwardated reflects the market’s anticipation that most of the recent international geopolitical factors will be temporary. The market expects the longer term fundamental production and transportation issues described above to remain, which contributes to lower WTI prices,” EIA said.

Last edited:
I am celebrating my 500,000 views on my journals. Very happy about it, although maybe half of them are my own views:

Snap1.jpg

Last edited:
great show, July 22nd 1940:
https://archive.org/details/DieDeutscheWochenschauVom22-3-1945FinalEdition
Italienischer Vormarsch in den franzoesischen Alpen, Unterstuetzung durch italienische Luftwaffe. Minenleger bei der Arbeit. Erhebliche Verluste der Englaender in Italienisch-Ostafrika und Kenia. Britische Festung in Gibraltar. Zwangsarbeit der Chinesen und psychotische Angst der Briten in Hong Kong, deutsche Zivilgefangene werden zu schwersten Arbeiten in England gezwungen. Loeschung gewaltiger Oelbraende durch deutsche Loeschzuege. Wideraufbau in besetzten Gebieten, gemeinsamer Dienst deutscher und franzoesischer Eisenbahner in Stellwerken. Bewohner westdeutscher Grenzbezirke koennen wieder in ihre Heimat zurueckkehren, Empfang in Mertzig. Fuehrerrede am Abend des 19. Juli 1940. Berlin empfaengt seine erste heimkehrende Division mit ueberschwaenglichem Jubel.

Right about when Hitler screwed everything up by not going after England all the way and going against the USSR instead.

I think this is the best show from a nazi point of view. After this everything started going downhill.

Anyway, hundreds more shows here:
https://archive.org/search.php?quer...hort_films AND subject:"Deutsche Wochenschau"

Nazism wasn't about the evil by one, but about the stupidity of the many, and conformism, and this hasn't changed at all today. It's just the leaders that are better. The leaders of Germany, I mean, but if you look at the US, now it's the other way around, and their leaders are acting like the Nazi: to them, US lives are worth more than anyone else right now, and they can go kick innocent asses in the middle east, without any reason other than self-interest. Once again, they can count on the stupid majority of their people, like Hitler could do in Germany. How could nazism be possible? Simple: look at the US today and you will understand how it could be possible. Americans aren't any better today than Germans back then. They saw JFK killed by the elites under their noses, 50 years ago, and still haven't figured it out. Americans are the proof that people are stupid and will go where their leaders will make them go. Luckily for Europeans, we have better leaders. This doesn't apply to Tony Blair and his 77 false flag bull**** attack, and similar events and assassinations. And we have had our own, too, recently. So, let's just face it: people are very stupid. And you can only hope their leaders don't take advantage of it.

Another excellent one, from a month earlier:
https://archive.org/details/1940-06-20-Die-Deutsche-Wochenschau-511
The Germans enter Paris. The weekly schau, on this very week, goes from the name of "ton-woche" to that of "deutsche wochenschau". Pretty sad, because this is the beginning of the end. Everything was just right (strategy-wise) until this show was called "ton-woche", and the "wochenschau" will take us from marching in Paris to being obliterated. Last show is on March 22nd, 1945:

Last edited:
Excellent show, it lasts 30 minutes:
https://archive.org/details/1940-06-26-Die-Deutsche-Wochenschau-Nr.512

Strassburg, Metz und Verdun wieder in deutscher Hand, Freudentag fuer die Bevoelkerung. Kapitulation der franzoesischen Armee am 22. Juni. Schlacht von Elsass-Lothringen siegreich beendet, 500.000 gefangene franzoesische Soldaten, Artilleriekaempfe, Gegenangriff franzoesischer Tanks wird zurueckgeworfen. Der Fuehrer mit seinen Generaelen im Hauptquartier, Hitler bespricht die weiteren Operationen mit Goering. Treffen des Fuehrers mit dem Duce in Muenchen. Deutsche Offiziere erweisen dem gefallenen Gegner, der tapfer gekaempft hat, am Grabmahl des unbekannten Soldaten in Paris die Ehrenbezeugung. Auszeichnung der besten Kaempfer von Generalleutnant von Briesen mit dem eisernen Kreuz erster Klasse. Parade deutscher Truppen in Paris. Verhandlungen und Waffenstillstand am 22. Juni 1940 im Wald von Compiègne.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Strasbourg_history
1681 - City annexed by France.
1871 - City becomes part of Reichsland Elsaß-Lothringen, German Empire.
1918 - Alsace returns to France.

Lots of footage on the meeting with "der duce".

Holy cow, I am starting to understand some complex full sentences: "Alles ist hier genau so geblieben wie in 1918 war". I got that one, minute 23:20. Great job for me, considering.

I also got the first sentence, right at the beginning, but that was much easier: "Straßburg, die alte deutsche stadt, ist wieder in deutsche hand".

Needless to say, English is helping me a whole lot, because the structure of the sentences and some vocabulary are very very close.

Where English doesn't help me, some help comes from Latin, Italian and some from French. For learning the sounds French is quite useful, because not all German sounds are in English or Italian, but the missing ones are in French.

This success of understanding a whole (complex) sentence, only happens once every 10 sentences. But it can only improve with time, if I keep learning vocabulary and history, because I knew they were going to say something like that at that time, given that they were showing the old wagon where the previous armistice had been signed, in 1918. So obviously they told us: "everything here has remained as it was in 1918".

Just one regret I have: hearing all these trumpets, relentlessly. This is very painful. I wish they played some violins instead. All you hear is the narrator and then, as a soundtrack, shots, machine guns, cannons and trumpets. Damn loud.

Last edited:
classification of colleagues into 4 categories

Here's my latest classification of (my Italian) colleagues into 4 categories:

1) those, like me, who work and let you work
2) those, like the orangutan, who work but don't let others work, because they're constantly making noise (whistling, yawning loudly, singing, etc.)
3) those who, like a couple of people in my room, do not work much but allow you to work, because they slack off quietly
4) those who, like my former roommate, do not work and do not allow you to work, because they would like to get you involved in their slacking off

Of these 4 categories I would like to exterminate #2 and #4, in other words rude people. #2 is a category that I would allow to exist. Maybe I'd pay them less.

Once again, here's my classification, this time in an order of preference, from best to worst:
1) work and let work
2) don't work but let work
3) work but don't let work
4) don't work and don't let work

Let's see, in my room, out of... 8 people:
1) work and let work: me, GD, CS, PM
2) don't work but let work: MB, RP, DM
3) work but don't let work: AM (evil mofo, the orangutan, an animal basically)
4) don't work and don't let work: none

There were 2 people I knew in #4, but one was Vito the Chimp, he's now at the hospital with a tumor in his head, probably due to all my wishing unpleasant events on him. In fact, when we were roommates I did wish him to be hospitalized, all the time. It happened. I am starting to think that I have some... extra dimensional powers.

My former roommate who was another animal who didn't work and didn't let others work, also ended up in the hospital for 4 months, but he didn't learn his lesson and he's still screwing around with people and occasionally with me, too. Just 3 days ago he came into our room and told me that I had to get a haircut, then was going to tell me that I had some white hair at which point I told him "to stop busting my balls".

Today I wished quite heavily some hospital time upon my colleague AM. Hopefully it will work. I just need him to be gone for 12 months. I am not asking for much. I just ask for rude people to disappear.

Last edited: