my journal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well well. But you are admitting you have not solved ALL of your problems, so I am entitled to have one thing beyond my control, too. And that is trading.

That's illogical to me, why would you need to share out weaknesses equally? It's beside the point though regarding the issue I'm trying to address. If you have problems trading your systems because you always end up taking over from the systems after a bad trade or drawdown, and end up blowing your account making bad discretionary trades, then I'm telling you, you can change that behaviour in yourself and nothing you've said here on your journal tells me otherwise. You'd have to be seriously delusional or psychotic to be beyond the sort of basic character work that you need to do.

Well well. But you are admitting you have not solved ALL of your problems, so I am entitled to have one thing beyond my control, too. And that is trading.

I know I can solve many others. And believe me, I have a strong will power.

But trading doesn't necessarily ruin my life - I am just saying I can't keep it under control other than by quitting discretionary trading altogether. You seem to be encouraging me to stick with it and put up with daily temptations. I either quit it altogether, or I won't be able resist the temptations of discretionary trading. Quitting entirely is easier for me, and it doesn't deprive me of much. So that's the way I will go about it.

Maybe it was just a misunderstanding. Maybe you agree with the way I will handle this problem.

Now it will be easier as my systems have gone from 40 to 60 and this will keep me busier.

That's illogical to me, why would you need to share out weaknesses equally? It's beside the point though regarding the issue I'm trying to address. If you have problems trading your systems because you always end up taking over from the systems after a bad trade or drawdown, and end up blowing your account making bad discretionary trades, then I'm telling you, you can change that behaviour in yourself and nothing you've said here on your journal tells me otherwise. You'd have to be seriously delusional or psychotic to be beyond the sort of basic character work that you need to do.

You rascal - politician - you can't quote just a small part of what I wrote and make me look like a fool. Let's meet man to man and settle this thing like gentlemen. I challenge you to a duel on a televised debate.

You make me look like a fool.

It was a pleasure. :jester:

But seriously if I'd quoted you properly I should have gone fishing through all of your posts to find the relevant statements, but that was way too much like work.

Let me quote Blake instead:

"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern."

The Marriage of Heaven and Helll

It was good day. Nothing went wrong. Had a chat with a "newbie", asking me advice on how to automate systems. Slept well. Work ok. People were very nice to me, even bought me lunch. Yet I am depressed and sad. Maybe because i mistreated everyone. If they treat me like ****, I get sad because they're treating me badly. If they treat me nicely, I get sad also, because i don't deserve it, or because it reminds me I am rarely happy. My ambition would be maybe to be constantly mistreated, so I wouldn't notice. I aspire to a regular emotional equity line - up, down or flat it doesn't matter, as long as it doesn't disrupt my vegetating.

reasoning about history

It's interesting. I just finished watched Thomas Becket on youtube:

Just 800 years ago, as a king, you could get away with killing the most important bishop in the country. Not just get away but even take advantage of it. Now this is not possible, neither for the king, nor for the prime minister, nor for anyone. At least not in Europe. Probably in Africa it is, or somewhere in South America.

Things have evolved, have come a long way. In just 800 years the same king in England went from being the most powerful man in the country to being just a symbol, with very little power.

Actually this probably happened in just 300 years. Probably, still in the early 1700s, the king could do anything he wanted. Then it all changed...

To see how things evolved in England I need to finish watching on youtube a "history of britain", which is just awesome.

Last edited:
more on my negative father

Last night, I was in my room watching my usual movies, and he called me. I said I'd be right out. He kept on calling me repeatedly, almost in his usual threatening way. And guess what - he simply wanted to talk to me. It figures. He just has his threatening anxious alarming tone no matter what.

He started to make an effort to talk to me, but as usual it immediately turned into his usual monologue on politics. So this time - after decades of taking this crap - as I've been doing increasingly lately, I decided I'd simply ignore his monologue on politics and start my own monologue on trading, regardless of whether he showed interest or not. Just like he does with me.

After I told him about my progress - getting some investors and partners - and tried to get some reaction from him, even just a reassuring look, he finally replied something. And, in short, he told me he was worried I might end up in jail. I told him "please try not to be negative...", and I left shortly thereafter.

Today he is finally leaving for the island, to go on vacation for a month, and he actually expected me to go and hug him. Mother ****er. I left without saying bye. He followed me in the stairs and said "I'll see you...". And i said "yeah..." and kept walking down the stairs as fast as possible (I was already one floor below).

Where does it say that in order to be a father you have to treat your son like crap, putting him down whenever you get a chance and being constantly hostile to him?

I remember when I was 25 and I called him long distance, from a country in Central Europe, and I told him "I got a job, I got a girlfriend... I am happy". He replied gravely "all you have is your health, and even that you never know how long it will last".

Another time I was 17, was riding my bike and got into an accident, hitting a car in front of me. He found me at the hospital with all my face swollen and a lot of blood everywhere on my face. And guess what: he reprimanded me because I wasn't wearing any socks. He said "you ought to be ashamed...".

Another time I was 11 or 12, in junior highschool, and i came home with a very good grade on an essay and showed it to him. Back then I was still expecting that some day he might tell me something positive like "good job". He criticized me for my handwriting.

Am I expected to hug a ******* like that?

People tell me he says nice things about me, only when i am not there. My aunt says his eyes light up when he talks about me. She says that he loves me in his own way. Fine then. I'll love him my own way as well - I am going to keep avoiding him and treating him coldly, in order to at least not get hurt any further.

Last edited:
Re: more on my negative father

I used to blame my dad for all sorts of stuff but after a couple of decades I didn't give a monkeys about it anymore. I remember thinking that he certainly wasn't going to change and I didn't really want him to die and leave me with a family history based on hate. I tried for a while to get on with him but found that dangerous and counter-productive so I made a conscious effort to control the relationship from my side - a bit like wearing oven gloves. At some point either it worked or I ceased to care. Sounds like you're doing the same thing. There's probably a better way of doing it but you should be alright in time.

Yeah, sounds right. Either this or I kill him. I don't like feeling like I am the only one who has to make all the efforts. Not only does he not try, but makes efforts to be negative. If I made any efforts I would resent him too much. I already resent him a lot. I can't afford to make any more efforts towards him. From here on it will be only exploitation. I won't feel attached to him, like I've never been, and I will take whatever he's willing to give me, particularly money. One thing that definitely never happened is me feeling sorry for my dad. Never. Even when he was in the hospital. I felt nothing for him. I felt worried for my financial well-being, but not for his health. Too much mistreating has been going on.

I forgot this. When I was in the hospital with a tumour he had the nerve to tell me "consider it like a vacation". That was a few years ago. Can you imagine someone talking like this? How cruel do you have to be to speak like this to your son? Of course when he was his turn at the hospital, no one told him anything like this, but it would have been fair to let him taste his own medecine.

He sounds like and is a real *******, but I must again stress out one important detail in all this: he always paid for my studies. Not any gifts or stuff like that. But for important things, like studying and living and clothing (of course), I could always count on him. I mean - financially he was a reliable father. Not one who gives you any gifts, or fancy clothes, but he always made sure to get the best things for me when it came to important things: work, living, studying. Aside from this, he was a total asshole. It's hard to give you an overall opinion, because if you separate his emotional side, he was fine. On the other hand, he was really mean to me and to everyone around him, emotionally. But then he also made sure nothing bad happened to us - except his unpleasant company. This is basically how he was: he gave you a house, and he threatened to kick you out of it repeatedly. He helped you get a job, and he blamed constantly for it, each time listing all the things he gave you. I would say that overall he was a very sick person. That's for sure. And probably as a consequence I am just as sick as him now.

Last edited:
ron livingston

I am watching this pretty good movie:
http://stagevu.com/video/ycbzzmhsiqdu

Believe it or not this Ron Livingston is quite a good actor and stars in pretty good movies:
http://www.thatfilmwatchingsite.org/?actor=17715

The best of which, so far, is this:
http://www.thatfilmwatchingsite.org/watch-2401-Office-Space

It's funny because I was wondering where I had seen this guy before, and in fact there's a member on this forum who looks a bit like him. I mention this because I appreciated his video, when I watched it a year ago:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/videos/a-32/la-importancia-de-las-salidas-importance-exit-128.html

And then, the face (that look) stayed with me, even before I ever watched the actor, so that I when i saw the actor, I said to myself: didn't I see this guy before?

Last edited:
Yeah, sounds right. Either this or I kill him. :cheesy: I don't like feeling like I am the only one who has to make all the efforts. Not only does he not try, but makes efforts to be negative. If I made any efforts I would resent him too much. I already resent him a lot. I can't afford to make any more efforts towards him. From here on it will be only exploitation. I won't feel attached to him, like I've never been, and I will take whatever he's willing to give me, particularly money. One thing that definitely never happened is me feeling sorry for my dad. Never. Even when he was in the hospital. I felt nothing for him. I felt worried for my financial well-being, but not for his health. Too much mistreating has been going on.

I forgot this. When I was in the hospital with a tumour he had the nerve to tell me "consider it like a vacation". That was a few years ago. Can you imagine someone talking like this? How cruel do you have to be to speak like this to your son? Of course when he was his turn at the hospital, no one told him anything like this, but it would have been fair to let him taste his own medecine.

He sounds like and is a real *******, but I must again stress out one important detail in all this: he always paid for my studies. Not any gifts or stuff like that. But for important things, like studying and living and clothing (of course), I could always count on him. I mean - financially he was a reliable father. Not one who gives you any gifts, or fancy clothes, but he always made sure to get the best things for me when it came to important things: work, living, studying. Aside from this, he was a total asshole. It's hard to give you an overall opinion, because if you separate his emotional side, he was fine. On the other hand, he was really mean to me and to everyone around him, emotionally. But then he also made sure nothing bad happened to us - except his unpleasant company. This is basically how he was: he gave you a house, and he threatened to kick you out of it repeatedly. He helped you get a job, and he blamed constantly for it, each time listing all the things he gave you. I would say that overall he was a very sick person. That's for sure. And probably as a consequence I am just as sick as him now.

You're a funny guy Travis. If you ever wanted to do stand up or write a dark comedy show, you know you've got the material.

Philip Larkin - This Be The Verse

They fu ck you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you.

But they were fu cked up in their turn
By fools in old-style hats and coats,
Who half the time were soppy-stern
And half at one another's throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
And don't have any kids yourself.

Another time I was 17, was riding my bike and got into an accident, hitting a car in front of me. He found me at the hospital with all my face swollen and a lot of blood everywhere on my face. And guess what: he reprimanded me because I wasn't wearing any socks. He said "you ought to be ashamed...".

Another time I was 11 or 12, in junior highschool, and i came home with a very good grade on an essay and showed it to him. Back then I was still expecting that some day he might tell me something positive like "good job". He criticized me for my handwriting.

Am I expected to hug a ******* like that?

More gold dust. And for the record, no i'm not being insensitive, i in fact admire how Travis writes about his relationship he had with his difficult father, it's black comedy genius.

More gold dust. And for the record, no i'm not being insensitive, i in fact admire how Travis writes about his relationship he had with his difficult father, it's black comedy genius.

:LOL:It's top material. I'm not taking the the p!ss out of Travis, but what he writes is just to good to be accidentally humurous. For f*ck sake I hope i'm right, because i really don't want to offend. I like Travis.

Status
Not open for further replies.