ms9 EOD upgrade doesn't check prior version

1kyle

just a little tip for any of you wanting to get the Full version of metastock 9 End of Day for the upgrade price without having to install a previous version.

I bought my copy at a reasonable price ( GBP 106 inc VAT and delivery) from http://www.paritech.co.uk

I needed a new laptop which I bought yesterday. I didn't want to install V8 and then V9 so I just tried to install V9 directly on this computer. -- It worked fine.
As this was a new machine there couldn't have been any hidden files etc to say that V8 had been previously installed.

I was surprised -- I would have thought that the install process would have at least asked for the prior disk.

BTW this disk can't be copied with NERO cd copying software -- but you can make a version that will install -- copy all the files to a directory on your HD and then burn a CD compilation with NERO. Program will then install from that disk as well.

I'm not trying to get round the copy protection for distribution -- I always like to backup my software and data so I always copy a CD for ARCHIVAL purposes. This i'm sure is 100% legal.

I've had enough computer glitches in my time to know that one should always backup --- if you have to re-install due to a HD failure / HD upgrade it's a pain if the original CD becomes corrupted so I always make a copy.

(I like what I've seen from V9 EOD so far. I only trade End of Day so this version is fine for me).

YEs...however it will ask you to put the original CD in CD drive after approx 90 days of use for verification purpose...