Mr Spread Betting is back, be careful everyone

Presumably you have? If so, please keep posting the lulz here (y).

I thought he was trying to vet people through his twitter account?

I went onto babypips and found a username that he hadn't ignored with only a few posts and used that.

It seems to be quite open now though and I think you can just join,.

the chat room is awash with idiots ripe for scamming

I know who you are, I know the person and he isn't on the order flow forum, I won't expose you though.

We're not all idiots btw (at least I hope I'm not one).

The thing is he does put forward some very interesting trade concepts/ideas that do seem to pan out in the main part (so far). Add to that the amount of time he spends helping people is it any wonder everyone is hot for it? Yes a good ROI if it is a scam but where else will the members go for a mentor that is so accessible.

I must admit to my heart progressively sinking when the BP forum thread started linking to the twitter (one step removal), then more when the twitter started linking to the forum (isolation from forum 'protection'), then (not entirely unexpectedly) live room with joining fee got announced.

Not so much for the fee but for the potential wasted time which is imo much more valuable.

But then there is a dearth of verified mentors/tutors. Name one that is openly held accountable as winning via myfxbook or anything similar?

In other industries people don't just say they can do it, they prove it. Forex seems to be the self certifying exception to the rule. Maybe those truly successful are too busy enjoying life with their riches. Maybe the profitable trader is a myth. I'm starting to wonder.

It's little wonder people fall for the scams so much.

I know who you are, I know the person and he isn't on the order flow forum, I won't expose you though.

The thing is he does put forward some very interesting trade concepts/ideas that do seem to pan out in the main part (so far)

I must admit to my heart progressively sinking when the BP forum thread started linking to the twitter (one step removal), then more when the twitter started linking to the forum (isolation from forum 'protection'), then (not entirely unexpectedly) live room with joining fee got announced.

Not so much for the fee but for the potential wasted time which is imo much more valuable.

But then there is a dearth of verified mentors/tutors. Name one that is openly held accountable as winning via myfxbook or anything similar?

In other industries people don't just say they can do it, they prove it. Forex seems to be the self certifying exception to the rule. Maybe those truly successful are too busy enjoying life with their riches. Maybe the profitable trader is a myth. I'm starting to wonder.

You know my name in the chat room?

Well if you do listen, all I'm trying to do is be subtle about the trades that he is calling and try and steer people in the right direction.

He made 5 pips yesterday

he lost 18 so far today

i'm just trying to help others see that he can't trade for sh*t

Maybe the profitable trader is a myth. I'm starting to wonder.

The profitable trader isn't a myth. But the profitable trader who spends all day helping complete strangers rather than trading, who uses different identities, who charges people £245 for his live room, who posts pictures of his car, and who keeps 8 and half million quid (the vast majority of his claimed net worth) lying around in an RBS current account - yes, he is a myth.

The thing is he does put forward some very interesting trade concepts/ideas that do seem to pan out in the main part (so far). Add to that the amount of time he spends helping people is it any wonder everyone is hot for it? Yes a good ROI if it is a scam but where else will the members go for a mentor that is so accessible.

Oh and btw, you do realise this is the first step in his scam. Get people away from BabyPips. This is free.... the next room you'll have to pay to enter ;)

You know my name in the chat room?

Well if you do listen, all I'm trying to do is be subtle about the trades that he is calling and try and steer people in the right direction.

He made 5 pips yesterday

he lost 18 so far today

i'm just trying to help others see that he can't trade for sh*t

Yes, you are as subtle as a brick :p If I was going to out you I would have done so already.

It might sound sad but I guess for a lot of people (myself included probably) 5 pips is a minimum of 5 more than they would have made otherwise, there were also a few BE free trades that could have netted profit but after BE weren't a risk.

Oh and btw, you do realise this is the first step in his scam. Get people away from BabyPips. This is free.... the next room you'll have to pay to enter ;)

Thought I kind of pointed that out with the highlights of the first progression away from BP?

But yes, I am waiting for it, if it does happen it will be interesting to see how it is engineered.

Thought I kind of pointed that out with the highlights of the first progression away from BP?

But yes, I am waiting for it, if it does happen it will be interesting to see how it is engineered.

I think this 'hack thing' he is going on about is the first step.

I can't see evidence of a hack. Nobody else can

I can see it now... "this forum keeps getting hacked, I have found a new one but it's on a subscription only basis"

Yes, you are as subtle as a brick :p If I was going to out you I would have done so already.

It might sound sad but I guess for a lot of people (myself included probably) 5 pips is a minimum of 5 more than they would have made otherwise, there were also a few BE free trades that could have netted profit but after BE weren't a risk.

Hello, and thanks for coming on here to chat.

I sympathise, but what makes you think this guy can teach you anything? He can't do it for himself.

A while back he was an equities trader using TA and indicators. Then he was a forex trader. Now order flow is the only way to go. He uses different names, different forums.

It's very easy (VERY EASY) to talk a good game in this thing whilst filling people's heads with absolute sh1t.

The guy is a marketer, not a trader. Be careful what you take away, because a lot of information out there is not only useless but actively harmful.

I think this 'hack thing' he is going on about is the first step.

I can't see evidence of a hack. Nobody else can

I can see it now... "this forum keeps getting hacked, I have found a new one but it's on a subscription only basis"

LMAO Just what I was thinking.

I sympathise, but what makes you think this guy can teach you anything? He can't do it for himself.

He calls trades and they pan out. It feels like there has to be something in this order flow business as price reacts so consistently.

Whether that can translate into making profit consistently over anything like a decent sample size is a different matter.

But like I say what other options are there?

Point me to a bona-fide publicly accountable winning trader who also happens to be into mentoring and training and I'll gladly shell out my dirty dollar / sell my soul / first born ;)

EDIT:

I should note I am always hesitant to pay for anything without research first. I just find it amazing the lack of transparency generally in Forex.

what other options are there ? learn for yourself , the HARD way, lose all your money , you car, your house, your family....then you will know the Pain. that pain will ensure that you NEVER EVER do the stupid things that you did to lose. your head will be clearer, only then will you be able to be a winner......

:clap:

funny, but frightening that there are quite so many stupid people around.

He calls trades and they pan out. It feels like there has to be something in this order flow business as price reacts so consistently.

Whether that can translate into making profit consistently over anything like a decent sample size is a different matter.

But like I say what other options are there?

Point me to a bona-fide publicly accountable winning trader who also happens to be into mentoring and training and I'll gladly shell out my dirty dollar / sell my soul / first born ;)

The thing is, all these people will learn so much more if they threw that £245 or whatever it is into a micro account and traded at very small stake sizes.

what works what doesn't?

Does this work? No this looses*

Read a book, this sounds good i'll give that a go.

It's called hard work. It takes years! I've been doing this for nearly 6 years now and only JUST starting to be consistently profitible.

There is no get rich quick. Many people fall by the wayside in this game after loosing* x amount of money never to return. If you have the dedication you'll get there but you'll only get there doing it YOURSELF.